PDA

View Full Version : Mod approval for posts in vendor section?

bad360rt
07-27-2011, 03:47 AM
I tried replying to a thread in PIE's vendor section yesterday and today and it told me that my posts would have to be approved by a moderator first. I get that you don't want vendor bashing, but why not take care of it after the fact, instead of making more work for yourselves?

Adobedude
07-27-2011, 03:53 AM
I tried replying to a thread in PIE's vendor section yesterday and today and it told me that my posts would have to be approved by a moderator first. I get that you don't want vendor bashing, but why not take care of it after the fact, instead of making more work for yourselves?

Probably due to your reputation.....:jester:

SinCity R/T
07-27-2011, 05:10 AM

It's just you. :nana:

bad360rt
07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
True, I am kind of an asshole :jester:

Five9Dak
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Realistically you are better off signing up for PIE's own forum than using the crippled sub forum here.

Hugh Jassole
07-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Realistically you are better off signing up for PIE's own forum than using the crippled sub forum here.

Hater ! :finger::jester:

bad360rt
07-27-2011, 01:26 PM

That's fine, I just think it's stupid to moderate posts here. We're a small enough group, the mods should be able to handle issues as they arise. It just really kills the flow of a conversation.

grapejuice1998
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
That's fine, I just think it's stupid to moderate posts here. We're a small enough group, the mods should be able to handle issues as they arise. It just really kills the flow of a conversation.

I don't think it's intentional. I believe BrYan set it up. He probably just clicked the wrong tab.

bad360rt
07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't think it's intentional. I believe BrYan set it up. He probably just clicked the wrong tab.

Dumbass :jester:

White Turbo
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
There are several vendor subforums on here that are set up for moderator approval before posts can be displayed.

PIE
Dynamic Installs
HiPo Tek

I'm not sure why.

grapejuice1998
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
There are several vendor subforums on here that are set up for moderator approval before posts can be displayed.

PIE
Dynamic Installs
HiPo Tek

I'm not sure why.

Did BrYan set up all 3 of them?

White Turbo
07-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Did BrYan set up all 3 of them?

Yes, I believe so.

SinCity R/T
07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a PEBCAK error.

bad360rt
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Still need mod approval to post in the PIE vendor section.

grapejuice1998
01-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Still need mod approval to post in the PIE vendor section.

I don't think it's mod approval. I think each vendor moderates their own forum.

bad360rt
01-10-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think it's mod approval. I think each vendor moderates their own forum.

The message said that my message would be posted after moderator approval, seems like a waste of time, even if it's the vendor moderating their own forum. I don't think this crowd really needs that level of moderation, we seem to regulate ourselves pretty well. :D

grapejuice1998
01-10-2012, 05:41 PM
The message said that my message would be posted after moderator approval, seems like a waste of time, even if it's the vendor moderating their own forum. I don't think this crowd really needs that level of moderation, we seem to regulate ourselves pretty well. :D

I believe it's setup that way to keep people from making comments against a vendor, or about their product.
If the vendor doesn't come around often enough to approve your post, then it really doesn't do any good to post in their forum anyway.

SinCity R/T
01-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I believe it's setup that way to keep people from making comments against a vendor, or about their product.

IMHO if there's a vendor on this forum that you execs feel are at risk for having people talk mad shit about their products, then they probably shouldn't be an active vendor to begin with.

If the vendor doesn't come around often enough to approve your post, then it really doesn't do any good to post in their forum anyway.

It seems backasswards to give a vendor a public forum to interact with potential customers from the club, then take away the ability for anyone to interact with them. If they're never on the forum, then perhaps their subforum should be consolidated down to a simple advertisment thanking the vendor for their sponsorship and give people links/info to contact the vendor offline, then close down the subforum to all new posts just so there's no confusion.

Out of curiosity - are all the vendors configured that way, or just this one?

White Turbo
01-10-2012, 06:05 PM

That's correct.
Each vendor has the option to moderate posts in their own forum. For whatever reason.
Also, a moderator here can approve the posts as well.
Or the vendor can choose to leave their forum unmoderated.

PIE wanted their forum set up as moderated.
Unfortunately, Chris doesn't always do it in a timely manner.
This creates the problem with posting in his forum.

White Turbo
01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
IMHO if there's a vendor on this forum that you execs feel are at risk for having people talk mad shit about their products, then they probably shouldn't be an active vendor to begin with.

It seems backasswards to give a vendor a public forum to interact with potential customers from the club, then take away the ability for anyone to interact with them. If they're never on the forum, then perhaps their subforum should be consolidated down to a simple advertisment thanking the vendor for their sponsorship and give people links/info to contact the vendor offline, then close down the subforum to all new posts just so there's no confusion.

Each vendor has the option to have a moderated, or un moderated forum.
We several of each on here.

Most of the vendors with moderated forums do a good job of approving posts quickly. PIE has been the only problem.

Perhaps if he read your above statement, he would change his mind about having a moderated forum.
Or at least, approve his posts quicker.

grapejuice1998
01-10-2012, 06:22 PM

Thank you for your humble opinion. We appreciate it.

bad360rt
01-10-2012, 07:47 PM
That's correct.
Each vendor has the option to moderate posts in their own forum. For whatever reason.
Also, a moderator here can approve the posts as well.
Or the vendor can choose to leave their forum unmoderated.

PIE wanted their forum set up as moderated.
Unfortunately, Chris doesn't always do it in a timely manner.
This creates the problem with posting in his forum.

Thanks Ed, didn't realize it was Chris' choice.