PDA

View Full Version : whats this all about?

rtcrazy
07-21-2011, 12:23 AM
I have a 01 cc rt that came with a after market stereo I want to put a stock infinity head unit in it . But looks like the fuse is pulled for the stock amp. Do you think that the amp has been bypassed and how do I go about setting this all back up?

AudioStylz
07-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Well, best way to test this is to get a stock infinity head unit, install it with the stock plugs and replace the fuse in the stock amp. If everything works then I'm betting the previous owner just ran all new wires to by pass the stock equipment. BTW, you might want to pull the door panels and door speakers and see if the stock speaker plugs are still in place. Hopefully they are because that means the previous owner was giving the new owner the option to stay aftermarket or go back to stock.

jmaack727
07-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Do you have the stock tweeters in the doors? It might not originally have come with the amp but still has an empty slot.

rtcrazy
07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Yes still have the theaters and they still are working.

rtcrazy
07-21-2011, 09:06 AM
There is a purple wire with a white plug on in the dash is this wire for the factory amp?

grapejuice1998
07-21-2011, 01:51 PM
It is, or at least was at one time, a popular thing to do when installing an aftermarket head unit. If you want to reinstall the factory unit, you will need to put the fuse back into the factory amp.