PDA

View Full Version : Interior Harness Diagram

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 02:41 AM
anyone have one handy? i can't remember where i was lookin at some before..

but here's why i'm asking...

i want to run aftermarket gauges... but i don't have time/ monies for a standalone. so i want to use the present wiring but have a different cluster.

would the stock wiring be able to support this?

Adobedude
07-18-2011, 03:32 AM
anyone have one handy? i can't remember where i was lookin at some before..

but here's why i'm asking...

i want to run aftermarket gauges... but i don't have time/ monies for a standalone. so i want to use the present wiring but have a different cluster.

would the stock wiring be able to support this?

Stock wiring....No. Come on, think about it.

Buy the gauges, build a panel and hook em up...A standalone isn't for gauges anyway....LOL

Click the links in my sig for ideas....Been there done that.

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 03:45 AM
i figured with a standalone i'd be the one routing everything.

but i dont wanna have all the stock wiring there for certain things and a one off gauge setup next to it.

plus i'm doing a lot of extra work because i've got an 04 QC that i'm swapping dashes in because i have a 2000 harness and i'm setting up a 5spd behind it. i also dont wanna start throwing a bunch of codes every time i start the truck.

Adobedude
07-18-2011, 03:49 AM
i figured with a standalone i'd be the one routing everything.

but i dont wanna have all the stock wiring there for certain things and a one off gauge setup next to it.

plus i'm doing a lot of extra work because i've got an 04 QC that i'm swapping dashes in because i have a 2000 harness and i'm setting up a 5spd behind it. i also dont wanna start throwing a bunch of codes every time i start the truck.

With an 04 and a 2000 harness and a 5 speed, and you think you're not going to see any codes....LOL

Good luck.

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 03:51 AM
i clicked the nmbuilder link... HOLY HELL that dash layout is nucking futs. i mean that in the best way possible.

but with remaining fuel injected, how hard is it gonna be to maintain the connection between the engine harness and interior harness? i'm also planning on removing all Hvac and those controls. the only thing staying is the A/C compressor and a toggle switch to turn the clutch on/off. i'm gonna be fully bagged and that comp is perfect for an EDC

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 03:53 AM
With an 04 and a 2000 harness and a 5 speed, and you think you're not going to see any codes....LOL

Good luck.

that's why i was thinking stand alone... so i could tune those out.

but i have a matching interior harness from a durango that i planned on using to ease the pain of install... even got the matching 2000 dash for it

Adobedude
07-18-2011, 03:57 AM
i clicked the nmbuilder link... HOLY HELL that dash layout is nucking futs. i mean that in the best way possible.

but with remaining fuel injected, how hard is it gonna be to maintain the connection between the engine harness and interior harness? i'm also planning on removing all Hvac and those controls. the only thing staying is the A/C compressor and a toggle switch to turn the clutch on/off. i'm gonna be fully bagged and that comp is perfect for an EDC

I'm still EFI, you just get the after market gauges and appropriate senders...Give up on the existing gauges, but leave the senders in place or the PCM will throw a bitch fit. I pulled the needles on the gauges and covered em up...But they are still there, and hooked up.

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 04:01 AM
the senders being left in place... those would be the sensors that are already there correct? (like the water temp, oil pressure) and for the aftermarket either splicing into those or drilling/tapping a new sensor for those to read correctly?

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 04:04 AM
also adobe... is the dash frame the stocker all cleaned up? i may keep the newer style dash and just replace all the wiring.

also, how much of a PITA was it to strip it all the way down like that?

Adobedude
07-18-2011, 04:10 AM
the senders being left in place... those would be the sensors that are already there correct? (like the water temp, oil pressure) and for the aftermarket either splicing into those or drilling/tapping a new sensor for those to read correctly?

Leave the water temp and oil temp in place, use a T for the oil pressure sender, and most manifolds have an aditional hole you can screw in another water temp sensor, but the PCM has to see oil and water temp, or it's gonna be a bitch about it....Doesn't matter if the gauge is unplugged

Adobedude
07-18-2011, 04:14 AM
also adobe... is the dash frame the stocker all cleaned up? i may keep the newer style dash and just replace all the wiring.

also, how much of a PITA was it to strip it all the way down like that?

Stock dash frame, just cleaned up...It wasn't a pain to pull it all out because I knew it wasn't going back in...I pulled all out it and tossed it on the floor.

This winter, it's all coming out...PCM, PDC..every wire doing anything is out. I'm going carbed, strip only. I can't drive it on the street any way, so why keep shit like turn signals?

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 04:14 AM
hm.. i just used those for the example to be honest but i see what you're sayin.

any others i need to look out for? because the stock speed sensor i believe is able to be used for the dakota digital setup. i'm leaning more towards the dak-digital setup because my air system is all dak-digi.

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 04:18 AM
if you're taking it all apart again, would you mind taking a few extra shots for me to see how all the wiring is ran?

i was gonna put the fuse box that's under the hood under the dash and the PCM in the wiper cowl area (so it'll look carbed but really i'm cleaning the engine bay out) the setup you used looks amazing and looks a hell of a lot easier to get to than a huge fuse box shoved somewhere under the dash

Adobedude
07-18-2011, 04:20 AM
hm.. i just used those for the example to be honest but i see what you're sayin.

any others i need to look out for? because the stock speed sensor i believe is able to be used for the dakota digital setup. i'm leaning more towards the dak-digital setup because my air system is all dak-digi.

I have a few CEL lights...dings...etc..:biggthumpup:

PCM is still looking for a transmission because I have a 727, and since I have a fuel cell, it keeps telling me I'm out of gas, and it tells me my the air bags and seat belts are malfunctioning...Other than that, it's all good.

I think I've invented a few codes along the way too.....

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 04:31 AM
I have a few CEL lights...dings...etc..:biggthumpup:

PCM is still looking for a transmission because I have a 727, and since I have a fuel cell, it keeps telling me I'm out of gas, and it tells me my the air bags and seat belts are malfunctioning...Other than that, it's all good.

I think I've invented a few codes along the way too.....

ROFL.

ok, i'm also using a cell but i'll be using the stock pump. (already setup for it :woot: )

i think the seat belts might be able to be worked around... although i have no idea if the PCM has the seatbelt warning. but it should just be an incomplete circuit that needs completed. maybe a toggle or similar would fix that?

now, for the sake of the arguement.... woukd (for example) hemifever be able to use a mopar pcm and retune those to delete them? or would an SCT be better for those?

keep in mind i'm not very good with the tuning parameters that are allowed.

my experience is a superchips 3715 :jester:

SH0K0TA
07-18-2011, 05:50 AM
i may have made this pretty damn easy on myself!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DAK-VFD31008B/

yea... it'll hurt the pocket but it'll still have all the bells and whistles to pass inspection as well :D