PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Dakota meet!

Patrick
07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Party at Tom's place! (70cuda383 on Dak-Dur and Moparts)

Here is the thread: http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2821635#post2821635

I wanna host a party. I want to fill my street with Dakota's! If you've seen my video's, you can tell that I live at the end of a dead end street out in the country, and a giant culdesac at the end, so there's tons of parking.

First off, who all is in, and when is best for everyone's schedules? I'm thinking of starting Saturday afternoon, and everyone hanging out till they feel like going home. I also have more than enough empty bed space for anyone who want's to stay the night too, and if we run out of beds, we can throw air mattresses on the floor. I'm thinking cook-out, hamburgers, brats, etc. on the grill, maybe some BBQ pork, shredded chicken sandwiches, wings, beer, chips....maybe a veggie tray for the wives/girlfriends you all bring...

what say you all?

Anyone instrested? He is in Marysville, Ohio. I'll be coming up from Cincinnati.

Branx5.9
07-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Would that be this weekend? I work this one but I'm off the next.. Ill come if it's a time I'm off...

Patrick
07-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Would that be this weekend? I work this one but I'm off the next.. Ill come if it's a time I'm off...

No, we need to know what dates work best for people. There is no set date at this moment. :jester:

AudioStylz
07-14-2011, 12:46 PM
How about the 3rd week in September? Dakotausa.com usually do a dakota meet in rockbridge, OH on that weekend and the weather is usually pretty good but this year there is no rockbridge meet. I could make the trip out then.

nevr2fast01
07-14-2011, 02:03 PM
i'm in! just let me know a date, im free every weekend in august/sept.

Andrewr/t
07-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm up for it. Not too far of a drive for me

Patrick
07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I told Tom to just go ahead and become a member here. He should be posting soon.

Filthy Filbert
07-14-2011, 04:16 PM
There, we go...NOW I can post!:rockwoot:

I haven't picked a weekend yet. I'm open to ideas! the original rockbridge meet weekend could work, or even Friday or Saturday night of the Nats. or a different weekend all together.

Patrick
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
The Rockbridge weekend sounds like a winner, I know I have to help my girlfriend move into her apartment in Lexington one weekend in September. But I want to say it's early, might even be late August. I'll have to check with her, but that's the only weekend I'd be busy.

Filthy Filbert
07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
The Rockbridge weekend sounds like a winner, I know I have to help my girlfriend move into her apartment in Lexington one weekend in September. But I want to say it's early, might even be late August. I'll have to check with her, but that's the only weekend I'd be busy.

I suppose I should probably toss out the weekends that are NOT open to me. with the reserve obligations, I lose 1 weekend a month. so, next weekend is out, plus, next weekend is too soon. there's a weekend late in August, but I'm not sure which one it is yet, because it's not the "primary duty weekend" and I need to verify which weekend it is. September 9, 10, 11, weekend is no good, that's the weekend of the Pittsburgh Air Show, which, being a member of the unit at Pittsburgh, and being in the management side of the house...it's kinda one of those "if you're not here, then you better be dead" type deals.

aside from that, I think the calendar is wide open. --Saturday, September 17th is a maybe possibility....the wife and I are doing our first half marathon that day over in Dayton. I'm sure I'll be fine afterwards, but I don't know what kind of celebration or get-together / reunion we might be having afterwards. a bunch of us from the unit I was deployed with are meeting up and doing the run together, to honor our 9 fallen brothers and sisters in the deadliest attack on USAF personnel since the Kovar Towers bombing in the mid 90s. (I lost 5 "buddies" in that attack on April 27)

Filthy Filbert
07-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Ok. Let's give guys tome to plan for this. September 24th.

Arrive mid-afternoon and stay as long as you want. We can do pot luck, I can provide meats,

Or meet up earlier in the day and go for a cruise too, through done of the "scenic" parts of columbus

Unknown_element
07-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a plan. How ya been tom? Ever get that garage done?

Filthy Filbert
07-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes, it's pretty much done. Some small things if like to do yet, but I don't know if I ever will. Like add a lift!! But I knew if I didn't do it at the time of construction and add the cost into the financed portion, that it'd probably never happen-- Now I doubt I'll ever spend $2500 for a lift.

Oh well. It's working out so far just fine without one!

RTgrouchman
07-16-2011, 03:13 PM
If I can get off work, I can do the 24th!

AudioStylz
07-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Is there room for tents or can you get a hotel setup to give us out of towners a discount for staying 1 to 2 nights? I'd be traveling from south east WI.

Filthy Filbert
07-16-2011, 04:32 PM
I live in the sticks, at the end of a dead end road, on about 3 acres. I have LOTS of room! But, if there's not many staying overnight, I also have more than enough bed space in the house. Currently my boys are sharing room because they want to, and there's 5 bedrooms. And a fold out couch in the basement, anda ton of space for air mattresses. No need to sleep outside Ina tent!

Filthy Filbert
07-17-2011, 03:33 PM
anyone wanna meet up earlier in the day and cruise around before heading to the house? we can run the scenic state routes up and down the river into and back out of Columbus, maybe stop by the Jegs warehouse in Delaware to pick up parts (call in ahead of time and place a "will call order" pick it up in person 4 hours later)

Patrick
07-18-2011, 12:48 PM
anyone wanna meet up earlier in the day and cruise around before heading to the house? we can run the scenic state routes up and down the river into and back out of Columbus, maybe stop by the Jegs warehouse in Delaware to pick up parts (call in ahead of time and place a "will call order" pick it up in person 4 hours later)

This would be fun, people with decent (video) cameras should bring them, so we can get some good rolling videos and pictures.

2k1AmberR/T
07-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I might swing by. Probably not, but probably.

Patrick
07-18-2011, 02:24 PM
I might swing by. Probably not, but probably.

What the heck would you be doing all the way in Ohio!? Taking the Harley on a road trip?

2k1AmberR/T
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
It is what it is and it aint what it aint.

Filthy Filbert
07-21-2011, 10:07 PM
so we got what...maybe 10 guys who will show up?

nevr2fast01
07-21-2011, 10:40 PM
well................my crank bearings decided to give out on me after a year straight of putting the bottom end thru hell (200 shot of n2o launched from a stop to boosting it with a vortech then back to n2o) so i might not be able to make it but my buddy is buying an r/t as we speak so i might roll with him

Filthy Filbert
07-23-2011, 03:46 AM
Sept is a long way off!! Yank the motor, toss it fresh bearings, stab it back in... Should take maybe 3 full days

Andrewr/t
07-23-2011, 04:43 AM
I should be able to make it down for at least a couple hours and a cruise! I'm hoping to get the truck finished up within the next two weeks so I can drive it again.

Filthy Filbert
07-23-2011, 12:21 PM
What are you doing to it? what'd you do,tear it apart as soon as you got home from Carlisle?

Andrewr/t
07-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Right now I'm just dropped it a little more but I'm taking the bed off monday so I can clean the rear frame a little easier and than I'll get the new wheels back on. I always have the thing tore apart in some way shape or form lol

Filthy Filbert
07-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice! I know how that is!! I need to park mine to pull my rear to trade with the guy in Chicago, my 3.92s for his 4.56s. And to pull my 5.2 to return it to stock, so I can toss it into my dad's neighbors truck and make a grand for doing so... Then drop in the fresh 360 once it gets here... But it's not gonna be here till Patrick's truck is finished up first!!

Then I get to paint his CCWs and build his all forged 360 and get ready fir that swap!!

So much work to do, so little time!!

Filthy Filbert
07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
bump to keep it fresh. when we get closer, I'll want to start gather "hard" RSVPs so I know who will show up and how much food to get. it'll BYOB though. and like I said, we've got more than enough space for folks to crash overnight if you want.

Filthy Filbert
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
It's about a month out! Everyone still interested?

2k1AmberR/T
08-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Yuppers!

nevr2fast01
08-10-2011, 02:42 AM
if i have the motor set in mine i might trailor it with the cummins to hang out lol

Filthy Filbert
08-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Bring it down the day before, we'll finish it up!!

nevr2fast01
08-10-2011, 03:04 AM
emailed that guy but he never responded back so i'm going to have to custom make the brackets and headers lol oh well

Filthy Filbert
08-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Honestly, you're probably better off that way. I lucked into those myself and didn't have to make them myself. Saved a lot of time, but I didn't like how close to the firewall it put everything

By the way, look at a manual brake swap to eliminate the booster, and gain a lot more room on the driver side to name it easier to pull the valve covers. It'll fit with the smaller diameter booster from the newer trucks ('01 and newer I think) but you'd have to pull the brakes everytime you want to remove a valve cover

Branx5.9
08-10-2011, 03:21 AM
I'll be there. Hopefully with my truck!

pacecardrew79
08-10-2011, 02:21 PM
when and where is this dakota meet?

Filthy Filbert
08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
when and where is this dakota meet?

September 24.
My house
Marysville Oh

Everyone who's coming, PM me for the address

Patrick
08-10-2011, 02:54 PM
What time should we get there? Are we still going on a cruise?

Brandon, if you head up through Cincinnati, I'll wait and drive up with you.

Branx5.9
08-10-2011, 03:01 PM
What time should we get there? Are we still going on a cruise?

Brandon, if you head up through Cincinnati, I'll wait and drive up with you.

That would work!

Tom is there anything that you need me to bring food wise etc? I'll shoot you a PM later tonight when I'm not on my phone for the address.

Filthy Filbert
08-10-2011, 03:30 PM
How does 10 sound? Meet up, leave around 10:30-11 and go for a drive, get back around 1-ish, and hang out the test of the day?

Or start later for those coming in from further away?

And everyone is welcome to stay the night too if you need

Food wise... How about pot luck? I can do burgers/brats on the grill, everyone else bring whatever. And your own beer/alcohol for the afternoon/evening

I'm flexible. Those who are coming in from further out, do you guys even feel like cruising a few hours after driving so far to get in?

Patrick
08-10-2011, 05:25 PM
10 sounds good to me, I can come anytime though.

Andrewr/t
08-11-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm still up for it. Shouldn't have anything planned in the morning and afternoon so I should be good.

Filthy Filbert
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Just keepin this fresh on everyone's minds.

it'd be awesome to get at least 10 trucks out here, parked up and down the street.

oh yea, and did i mention that I'm at the end of a dead end street, out in the country? with a giant paved circle at the end of the road?

can anyone say "burnouts"?:drive::rockwoot:

Patrick
08-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I should have this by then, http://www.purems.com/Products/CHDMH-001GoPro-HD-Motorsport-Hero

GoPro HD (1080p) Motorsports hero.

$242 with Free Shipping!

Filthy Filbert
08-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Good, you can be the official photographer since your stock 318 doesn't have the oomph to burn those stupidly wide, and sticky tires!!

And, is thst a body camera mount with suction cups I see?!

Patrick
08-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Good, you can be the official photographer since your stock 318 doesn't have the oomph to burn those stupidly wide, and sticky tires!!

And, is thst a body camera mount with suction cups I see?!

Haha, true! I got the new tires mounted and balanced yesterday and put them on the truck last night. Now I have a full matching set of 295/35/19 BFG KDW II's.

Yes, I got it for my bike mainly, to video some rides.

RTgrouchman
08-18-2011, 06:54 PM
I'll find out tomorrow if I can get that Saturday off......kinda forgot to ask!

Filthy Filbert
08-19-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll find out tomorrow if I can get that Saturday off......kinda forgot to ask!

DOH!!!

that's why I keep bumping this, so that nobody posts a reply on Sept 25th and go "aw crap, I missed it! I wanted to come, but I totally forgot about it since you posted it back in July!!"

RTgrouchman
08-20-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm good to go that Saturday........can you PM your address? Curious how far the trip is!

Filthy Filbert
08-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm good to go that Saturday........can you PM your address? Curious how far the trip is!

Didn't I buy a silver hood off you for $20? I think it was about a 2.5-3 hour drive...

PM on the way

Andrewr/t
08-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I'll be there! Anyone want 5 r/t wheels/tires or a stock hood cause I can bring them there to get them out of my way.

RTgrouchman
08-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Didn't I buy a silver hood off you for $20? I think it was about a 2.5-3 hour drive...

PM on the way

Yep, I think so! That I was figuring......

Unknown_element
08-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Just realized this meet is the same day as the upper sandusky show. My dad just got his 72 c10 done and that's his first show with it. So ill be there! If it ends early ill try to make it down.

Branx5.9
09-01-2011, 04:05 AM
I'll be at this no matter what... Not sure if the dak will be done by then though. If anyone would like to help with that I'll be working on the truck all day the 10th and 11th. I can provide accommodations, food and drinks of your choice!

Patrick
09-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I'll be at this no matter what... Not sure if the dak will be done by then though. If anyone would like to help with that I'll be working on the truck all day the 10th and 11th. I can provide accommodations, food and drinks of your choice!

Hmm. I'll have to see what I have going on the 10th and 11th.

Filthy Filbert
09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
what all does the truck need?

Patrick
09-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I'm guessing just drop the 408 in. I hope he has SCT already and a start up tune from Sean. I'll have to grab my LM-2 from you so he can get it dialed in before he makes the drive to your house.

Branx5.9
09-01-2011, 12:20 PM

I'm guessing just drop the 408 in. I hope he has SCT already and a start up tune from Sean. I'll have to grab my LM-2 from you so he can get it dialed in before he makes the drive to your house.

Thats really all thats left. I have the initial tune ready to go. The truck is at my friends house who has just about anything we would need tool wise.

Patrick
09-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Thats really all thats left. I have the initial tune ready to go. The truck is at my friends house who has just about anything we would need tool wise.

What about setting the fuel sync?

Branx5.9
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
What about setting the fuel sync?

I have a buddy that is going to lend me a snap on scanner.

Filthy Filbert
09-01-2011, 12:52 PM
well shit, get that done then! ought to take you all of about 3 hours to drop the motor in and hook it all up! especially if you have help.

Patrick, no problem on the LM-2. it's sitting here in my garage, I've got my tune sorted out and don't need it right now. plus...it's yours!:jester:

03DakStampede
09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey Brandon if Im able to go to the meet..... If your truck isnt done you are more then welcome to ride with me

Filthy Filbert
09-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I have a buddy that is going to lend me a snap on scanner.

How good of a buddy is he? cause Patrick is going to need that scanner when we build his new mill, and I'd like to use one when I drop the 5.9 into my truck:jester:

Friendly bump folks...we're what...2 1/2 weeks out?

Let's firm up the list of who's coming...and let us know if you're going to bring anything so we can get an idea of how much food to have.

just copy and paste the list into your own post and add your info.

PM me for the address.

reminder, I've got a ton of bed space available and everyone is welcome to crash here overnight if you want, especially for the guys driving 3 hours or more to show up, so that you're not driving 6+ hours in one day just to get here and back to hang out for a few hours. I'll provide dead flesh to burn and feast on, but you gotta bring your own booze. that shit gets expensive!:jester:

1) 70Cuda383 -- host. providing brats, dogs, hamburgers (bring your own booze) Anybody Jewish or Muslim? or have any other dietary issues? let me know. I can get kosher dogs, or save hamburgers for you, or get turkey burgers or whatnot.

2) Last_in -- "co-host" :finger::jester:

3) (add your name here):jester:

nevr2fast01
09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
i'm really trying to make it to this! but it might have to be trailor'd! haha

Filthy Filbert
09-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Toss it on th trailor, put the parts in the bed, and we'll finish it here!

RTgrouchman
09-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Toss it on th trailor, put the parts in the bed, and we'll finish it here!

Anybody want to do a gear swap while we're at it? :stirringthepot:

RTgrouchman
09-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Anybody want to do a gear swap while we're at it? :stirringthepot:

or I'll be happy to volunteer my truck for any of these other projects:

paint repair
dent removal
o2 bung welding

:jester::stirringthepot:

Filthy Filbert
09-08-2011, 02:59 AM
or I'll be happy to volunteer my truck for any of these other projects:

paint removal
dent repair
o2 bung welding

:jester::stirringthepot:

hell yea! I'll grab the 80 grit discs and DA!!!

an O2 bung weld is easy enough....if you got the pipe out of the truck:jester: I've got a welder, and actually just converted it to gas shielding, looking forward to nice clean welds and no more smokey, splatters in my weld! that flux core stuff sure does throw some slag around!

Andrewr/t
09-08-2011, 04:36 AM
I'll bring the 100 gallon air tank and a couple gallons of paint and we can go to work lol :jester: Maybe bring the dip tank and a couple miles of film lol

Filthy Filbert
09-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I'll bring the 100 gallon air tank and a couple gallons of paint and we can go to work lol :jester: Maybe bring the dip tank and a couple miles of film lol

sounds good to me! I've been wanting to use these paint guns here on a real job!:jester:

Patrick
09-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Woo! I won't have a go-pro camera, I won't let my self buy anything until I finish the build.

Filthy Filbert
09-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Woo! I won't have a go-pro camera, I won't let my self buy anything until I finish the build.

smart move!

(says the guy who's shopping for viper brake stuff for the Dakota instead of the Cuda.)

Hey, is one of the guys coming on the 24th, bringing that 360? I was talking to my dad a bit more and his neighbor "has a mopar buddy" that he wants to have do the engine swap with his son helping out, trying to teach him about cars (smart move, since "dad" doesn't know shit!) so it turns out they don't want me to deliver a "turn key job" instead, he's just interested in buying my 318 for his kids truck. but...I gotta pull it out first! but...I cant do that without the new mill. then again, I gotta swap my rear ends again so I can make some coin and hopefully pay for the ViP0r brakes

Patrick
09-08-2011, 01:03 PM
smart move!

(says the guy who's shopping for viper brake stuff for the Dakota instead of the Cuda.)

Hey, is one of the guys coming on the 24th, bringing that 360? I was talking to my dad a bit more and his neighbor "has a mopar buddy" that he wants to have do the engine swap with his son helping out, trying to teach him about cars (smart move, since "dad" doesn't know shit!) so it turns out they don't want me to deliver a "turn key job" instead, he's just interested in buying my 318 for his kids truck. but...I gotta pull it out first! but...I cant do that without the new mill. then again, I gotta swap my rear ends again so I can make some coin and hopefully pay for the ViP0r brakes

Haha. Brandon is bringing it, I'm pretty sure, if he can't I'll go get it.

Filthy Filbert
09-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Haha. Brandon is bringing it, I'm pretty sure, if he can't I'll go get it.

cool. I gotta get some of this stuff knocked out and back down to JUST the cuda! :jester:

just not enough time in the day to watch the boys and keep them out of trouble, (without ending up in jail myself for just locking them in a large dog kennel) and get everything done!

so far I have to:

swap rear ends in my truck again and make money to buy viper brakes
install viper brakes
swap motors in my truck
possibly refresh this 318 to sell it for $750, or sell as-is for $250
help the guy buying my axle swap it into his truck
get the ball rolling on someone's forged 5.9L turbo build:woot:
and keep working on the Cuda in between all that!

Filthy Filbert
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
only one more weekend between now and then. how many guys are gonna show up? and will we have a big block Dakota amongst our presence?!

I can't seem to get anyone to tell what they're bringing, so, so far it seems like we're gonna have brats, burgers, and who the fuck knows what else! :jester:

Patrick
09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
I can't seem to get anyone to tell what they're bringing, so, so far it seems like we're gonna have brats, burgers, and who the fuck knows what else! :jester:

I can't bring anything, I'm a poor college kid!

RTgrouchman
09-13-2011, 01:07 AM
only one more weekend between now and then. how many guys are gonna show up?

I still plan on coming....

nevr2fast01
09-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Bathroom is getting remodled this weekend so there a bump in the road for the dakota lol and 440source doesnt take paypal or amex, so it might be running to drive on a trailor but not road worth

Filthy Filbert
09-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Bathroom is getting remodled this weekend so there a bump in the road for the dakota lol and 440source doesnt take paypal or amex, so it might be running to drive on a trailor but not road worth

Tell brandon to get with the times!! His chineese suppliers probably take paypal!!

What all do you still need?

nevr2fast01
09-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Roller rockers,clutch,dakota manual pedals and master,acc. Driveshaft and about 72hrs of free time lol

Filthy Filbert
09-13-2011, 03:42 AM
Roller rockers,clutch,dakota manual pedals and master,acc. Driveshaft and about 72hrs of free time lol

Damn. I don't have any of that!! But 4 months ago I had pedals, and a driveshaft you could have cut down to fit.

nevr2fast01
09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
driveshaft will take about 2days to be done, got some guys right up the street that do a great job, if i can just get it running to start up on the trailor for everybody i'll be happy with that lol

Filthy Filbert
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea, but even just load it on the trailer, you need everything on your list!! Summit has your clutch. Just drive over and pick it up!

Filthy Filbert
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Week and a half!

nevr2fast01
09-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Went to summit and bought eddy heads and 440 source has the rest of the parts coming!

Filthy Filbert
09-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Went to summit and bought eddy heads and 440 source has the rest of the parts coming!

Awesome!! Trailer it here and well wrap it all up!!

Patrick
09-18-2011, 01:31 AM
One week out! I already cleaned my truck up, hopefully it stays clean all week.

Filthy Filbert
09-18-2011, 01:45 AM
One week out! I already cleaned my truck up, hopefully it stays clean all week.

And doesnt break!!

Patrick
09-18-2011, 01:49 AM
And doesnt break!!

Haha, that too!

Filthy Filbert
09-20-2011, 03:00 AM
We're days away! my pistol grip is on the way, and with a stroke of luck...I'll have hotchkis sways by this weekend too! and my viper calipers tomorrow!

RTgrouchman
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Is this gonna be rain or shine?

Filthy Filbert
09-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Is this gonna be rain or shine?

Yup

If it's raining, we'll make the call the day of whether we cruise or not, but the house and garage are big enough to hang out in and stay dry

Filthy Filbert
09-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Just checked the local forcast. Mid 60s, and partly cloudy, no rain

RTgrouchman
09-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Let's hope it stays clear.....so how many are coming?

Branx5.9
09-21-2011, 03:25 AM
I'll be there no Dakota though :rtfm:

Filthy Filbert
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM

Um...I'll be there!:jester::finger:

Filthy Filbert
09-21-2011, 11:56 AM

So far, It looks like you, Branx5.9, Patrick, a kid from Detroit who bought my 4.56 axle are the guys who are 'for sure' never2fst is a maybe, but he just bought that dakota R/T roller and is picking it up.

I think Andrew from Lima is a strong potential, along with 3 or 4 dakota guys from his area.

there's the guy who made a few posts in the wanted section who said he has a Viper, lives near cincinnati, said he was a maybe...we'll see!

hopefully this doesn't turn into a bust, and we get 10-12 guys out here!

Filthy Filbert
09-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Fucking weather. Now they're calling for 40% chance of rain

Andrewr/t
09-21-2011, 12:43 PM
What time frame are we looking at for the day?

Filthy Filbert
09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Arrive around 10.

We'll vote on going for a cruise the day of based on weather. Personally rain doesn't bother me, but some guys might not like how their trucks drive on wet roads.

If we cruise, well leave at 11 or 12. Get back by 3, hang out, eat, shoot the bull, chew the cudd, etc. Leave when you want or stay all night and party. I've got tons of sleeping room

RTgrouchman
09-21-2011, 11:37 PM
I can't promise I'll be there at 10......I'll try, but that's all I can do. LOL

Filthy Filbert
09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
I can't promise I'll be there at 10......I'll try, but that's all I can do. LOL

no problem. let us know when you think you'll be here. we can wait if you're still on the way.

RTgrouchman
09-22-2011, 12:06 AM
I plan on leaving around 7, so it should be close.

Andrewr/t
09-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Arrive around 10.

We'll vote on going for a cruise the day of based on weather. Personally rain doesn't bother me, but some guys might not like how their trucks drive on wet roads.

If we cruise, well leave at 11 or 12. Get back by 3, hang out, eat, shoot the bull, chew the cudd, etc. Leave when you want or stay all night and party. I've got tons of sleeping room

Hum... I'll have to head out around 4-4:30 but I can hang out up until than :biggthumpup: Gave the truck a 10 minute wash cause I have zero motivation to clean it lol

Filthy Filbert
09-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Hum... I'll have to head out around 4-4:30 but I can hang out up until than :biggthumpup: Gave the truck a 10 minute wash cause I have zero motivation to clean it lol

no problem. sorry you can't stay.

anyone else from your neck of the woods coming down?

and don't bother with washing it. if we get that 40% chance of rain, it's not going to matter anyway!

Andrewr/t
09-22-2011, 01:57 AM
My trucks already been driven in the rain this year twice and I doubt anyone will be climbing under my truck so I'm not worried about it lol I'd stay longer but It's going to be a busy weekend for me.

Filthy Filbert
09-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Chance of rain down to 30%!! Maybe we'll get lucky!!

Filthy Filbert
09-23-2011, 03:39 AM
By the way, anyone that needs it, PM me for my address

Filthy Filbert
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Chance of rain down to 30%!! Maybe we'll get lucky!!

OHH OOOH! overnight, they dropped it again, down to a 20% chance of rain!:drive::rockwoot:

Patrick
09-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I'll be there! As well as Brandon in a Gen II, with your new engine, Tom.

Filthy Filbert
09-23-2011, 06:42 PM
outstanding! I can't wait to get it! it's gonna get the old school paint treatment, Hemi Orange, then get tossed into lil blue. I know the orange is kind of ugly against blue, but I want it to say "Old school" and the turqouise just doesn't quite cut it:jester:

so, known for sure folks coming:

Patrick
Brandon
Andrew
Rick
a guy from Canada with a 2wd Dakota who wants to buy my spare "R/T axle"
Me
my dad (and his restored 74 Dodge street van)

guys who said in this thread "I'm in!!!" but never said "Sorry, can't make it" ...although we haven't heard from them in awhile, and not sure if they're still coming or not...

03DakStampede
Unknown_Element (said he's going to another show first)
AudioStylz (talked of camping out overnight)
2k1AmberR/T (said he could maybe swingby...I doubt it though haven't heard much recently)
Nvr2Fast01 (just bought a roller R/T and has to go pick it up)

so...Maybe we'll have 7 or 8 guys show up?:jester:

Andrew, any of your local guys coming down with you? you said there were a few that might join in.

I've got brats and hamburgers to grill once we get back, and I bought some beer to share, but you guys don't get the good stuff! (home brew:finger:) ...well, maybe i can share some, I've got 1 batch ready for consumption...and it's half way consumed. another batch that I just bottled up yesterday and will be ready in a few weeks, another batch aging after fermentation -- whiskey barrel stout -- so it'll be aged for awhile to "soak up" the flavor from the whiskey barrel oak chips; then I have another batch of my "smoked mocha porter" that I made, just started fermentation today, so it's got a LONG way to go yet!

If anyone wants to bring anything, we really don't need anything other than snacks, I'm going to whip up some spicy cheese dip, and see what else we can create!:rockwoot:

Andrewr/t
09-23-2011, 10:58 PM
I've gotta make some calls and find out. PM me your info

Andrewr/t
09-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Me and Tom B from Lima should be there around 10

Filthy Filbert
09-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Me and Tom B from Lima should be there around 10

Cool See you then! you got my PM with the address?

Andrewr/t
09-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Add two more to the list! Should have a decent turnout :)

Patrick
09-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Woot!

EDiT: Dang it, I should have washed my truck today, rather than go for a ride on my bike. Oh well, I have time right now I guess.

Filthy Filbert
09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Woot!

EDiT: Dang it, I should have washed my truck today, rather than go for a ride on my bike. Oh well, I have time right now I guess.

I'm gonna run down and wash mine this morning. there's a quarter car wash in town. last 2 times I drove my truck this week...it was raining!

shes dirty!

by the way Patrick, that car wash we stopped at before going to the track....tore down! I hope they're just "remodeling" it. there's another one in town though, Across the street from Hogan tire, on 5th st.

I was also hoping to mow the grass this week, but it was wet and drizzley since tuesday.:bs:

It's foggy here right now, hopefully the sun comes out and dries everything out here pretty soon.

Branx5.9
09-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I really hate that I had to leave early...I missed all the fun stuff! I hope you all have a great time. Thanks Tom for putting this on!!:hail:

Filthy Filbert
09-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I really hate that I had to leave early...I missed all the fun stuff! I hope you all have a great time. Thanks Tom for putting this on!!:hail:

I'll get some of my pics loaded tomorrow. and some of the video. unfortunately I didnt' get any video of my near miss! --for those of you who were further back in the line, I came around a corner and there was a runner on the side of the road, and a van coming at me, in my lane, who made no attempt to get back into his line, forcing me to come to a complete stop!!

I THOUGHT my camera was on and running at that point, but apparently it wasn't, because we got to the end of Klondike, and I looked at the camera to see that it was still in "standby"

DOH!

Thanks to everyone who came out, hope everyone had a good time, and if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, let me know.

earlier start time, later start time? --probably later since we didn't leave for the cruise till almost 12:30 or 1.

how about time of year? just right? earlier? later? do it in the spring right after the winter thaw? twice a year?

toss out your suggestions!!

Filthy Filbert
09-25-2011, 01:25 AM
RISivza9lWc

RTgrouchman
09-25-2011, 03:19 AM
Well, I made it home.......ran into OSU football game traffic.

RTgrouchman
09-25-2011, 04:08 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/rtgrouchman/The%20RT/IMG_20110924_123940.jpg

Filthy Filbert
09-25-2011, 11:30 AM
I didn't get too many pictures. ...or video! being up in the front, and then being the lead on the cruse route, I couldn't really "run off and stop" to let you guys drive by while I video'd.

I'll splice together the few short bits I have and post it up

here's the 2 pics I have:jester:

pssst....I left them big

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/filbert383/DSC_0001.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/filbert383/DSC_0002.jpg

Andrewr/t
09-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Had a good afternoon metting some new people and taking a cruise! I say we have at least two a year. Try and make it grow in numbers each time.

Filthy Filbert
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Had a good afternoon metting some new people and taking a cruise! I say we have at least two a year. Try and make it grow in numbers each time.

Spring kick-off and a Summer Send-off....I can handle that!

I agree, we need MOAR R/Ts!

LaRue does "no-tech, run whatever you can drive through the gates" TnTs on Friday nights. would anyone be up for a Friday night gathering? or is that too far for folks to drive when they have to work that day?

or...with enough advance notice, would folks be willing to burn a vacation day to get off work and do everything on a Friday?

Filthy Filbert
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
DIr17HWds-E