PDA

View Full Version : Of these three which coil would you guys run

hobiesun
05-13-2011, 08:40 AM
http://www.summitracing.com/compare.aspx

I have all three. The blaster SS was on the heat shield of my CAI when I bought the truck. It currently has the msd stock replacement coil installed. I bought the crane coil years ago for my 94 that is broken at the moment. Thinking about adding an MSD 6al or summit equivalent ...

PeteRT
05-13-2011, 02:47 PM
your link is screwed up

Five9Dak
05-13-2011, 02:52 PM
With the PCM driving it- stock. With an MSD box driving it- whoever's hype you believe. It really doesn't matter. Single coil dizzy ignitions suck no matter what you do.

hobiesun
05-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry bout the link. It's the crane ps1 i believe, SS blaster and upgraded stock msd coil.

hobiesun
05-14-2011, 08:58 AM
With the PCM driving it- stock. With an MSD box driving it- whoever's hype you believe. It really doesn't matter. Single coil dizzy ignitions suck no matter what you do.
But you run a msd 6al, with what coil? I realize that none of these are probably ideal. Just curious which one people seem to prefer.

RiG
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Can the stock coil be moved somewhere closer to the distributor easily? I dont like where it is at and the long coil wire. I always thought the shorter the wire, the better?

Five9Dak
05-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I use an accel coil with my MSD box.

hobiesun
05-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Can the stock coil be moved somewhere closer to the distributor easily? I dont like where it is at and the long coil wire. I always thought the shorter the wire, the better?

It wouldn't be worth moving it anywhere. It's fine where its at. You wouldn't gain anything.

I use an accel coil with my MSD box.

So out of the three I have you would suggest an Accel? :jester: