PDA

View Full Version : People that live in the Tampa area...

SB440R/T
04-22-2011, 08:56 PM
How is the area around here? Cheap to live there? How much would a 2 to 3 bedroom with 2 car garage run in a nice neighborhood?

3520 West Waters Avenue Tampa, FL 33614-2716

BluRT00
04-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Dave I live 2 hours south of tampa. This might sound stupid but I would say go on www.need2speed.com . Sign up its a VB board like this, and introduce yourself and your truck. Granted the site has alot of GM/FORDS that race, but a lot of guys live in the Tampa area. They would be more then willing to give you that info.

jj malone
04-23-2011, 12:27 AM
I grew up right in that area. Not what I would call a "nice" area right there, although it's been about 11 years. My mom still has a house 10 mins. from there near Waters and Veterans Expressway. That maybe a nice community but that area as a whole is ah so-so. You probably want to go further west or north. Also, if it's that physical address your looking at, Waters Ave. is a major road and not a child friendly street if you have any.

huskerrt79
04-23-2011, 02:25 AM
The cape coral area to the south is real nice.

dakfink
04-23-2011, 04:53 AM
How is the area around here? Cheap to live there? How much would a 2 to 3 bedroom with 2 car garage run in a nice neighborhood?

3520 West Waters Avenue Tampa, FL 33614-2716

Moving to CentCom??

SB440R/T
04-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Moving to CentCom??

No, there is a possiblity for an assignment to a MEP station down there.

That address is to the station, so anywhere living close to there would be ok. Don't mind a 20-30 min drive, but don't want to have to live an Hour away to live somewhere nice.

RTchas
04-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Just went to Cape Coral a month ago Very Nice Area my Aunt has a House on Canal. Frt Myers Beach had some Nice view's to take in Dave!:biggthumpup:

SB440R/T
04-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys, but I am not driving two hours to go to work, haha.

That address is where I would have to work. My brother in law says its in the Ghetto, so leaning towards staying in MD.

RTchas
04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys, but I am not driving two hours to go to work, haha.

That address is where I would have to work. My brother in law says its in the Ghetto, so leaning towards staying in MD.
:woot: I vote you stay MD ! Fla dont have Snow and its to hot to race there in summer!:biggthumpup:

SB440R/T
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
:woot: I vote you stay MD ! Fla dont have Snow and its to hot to race there in summer!:biggthumpup:

I would still have to move in MD though. Not commutting south of Baltimore everyday. That would get old. That is if I even get that job. Just order of preference I am trying to figure out. AZ is second now.

mtlcafan79
04-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Ask over on racemagnum. They've got lots of whures from down there. I was up in your hood this morning. Stopped for lunch at Tidewater with Chris Hamrick.

SB440R/T
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Cool, moving down to your area is another option. Think I could find a nice place with a garage and a yard for 2400? I think tampa is out, ghetto supposedly where the job is. Arizona is looking better right now. The housing cost is what really sucks for the meade area.

mtlcafan79
04-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Yeah. That's the only part that sucks about BRAC. Driving up all the housing prices.

You can definitely do it for that price:

http://www.rentals.com/Maryland/Arnold/r948741/

Look in Arnold, Severna Park, Annapolis, Cape St Claire, Crofton, Severn, Gambrils, etc. That's the central part of Anne Arundel county and you are close to 97/32 to get to Meade. I grew up in Annapolis and it's definitely nicer than up this way. If you want to drive up from south county, look in Davidsonville, Edgewater, Mayo, Deale etc. Little further out, but usually more property down that way. Lots of farms.

blackbeauty2001
04-24-2011, 04:04 AM
The only thing I know about Tampa is I used to go there to ride my cousin's jet-skis. I also heard it's just like any city; it has some good parts and also has some bad. My family lives about 45 minutes away in New Port Richey.

SB440R/T
04-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Yeah. That's the only part that sucks about BRAC. Driving up all the housing prices.

You can definitely do it for that price:

http://www.rentals.com/Maryland/Arnold/r948741/

Look in Arnold, Severna Park, Annapolis, Cape St Claire, Crofton, Severn, Gambrils, etc. That's the central part of Anne Arundel county and you are close to 97/32 to get to Meade. I grew up in Annapolis and it's definitely nicer than up this way. If you want to drive up from south county, look in Davidsonville, Edgewater, Mayo, Deale etc. Little further out, but usually more property down that way. Lots of farms.

Yea I will have to look at it again. Big needs are a yard with a fence, and a garage, haha.

dakfink
04-24-2011, 05:55 AM
You could always come Join us at tha HOOD!! Ft Hood that is!!

Honestly though I wouldn't really reccomend it for many people.

It's not bad!! Just a little too slow for many!!

I like it because it's about as Country as You can get and still have Big Town Convienences, within 10mins.

Austin is 45 mins away. DFW, San Antonio and Houston 2.5-3hrs

Drag Strip about 30 mins in the same county (1/8 mile).

Reliable Performance shops?? I'm still looking. No one I would want working on my stuff in the immediate area. DFW Houston San Antonio yes!! Austin-Killeen NO!

SB440R/T
04-24-2011, 05:58 AM
I can't drive my truck in Texas, haha. I would have to get it registered in MD or something. Hood was an option, but I plan on retiring in Texas, so trying to go to as many different places.

Milan, Italy was a choice, but not in the cards right now. I know I should go, but two dogs and we are trying to adopt also.