PDA

View Full Version : Air hat gasket needed

magnuma1
04-29-2008, 10:38 PM
I need a better air hat gasket. The stock type keeps getting blown out with my blower. Any ideas guys?
Mike

WhiteRT
04-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I need a better air hat gasket. The stock type keeps getting blown out with my blower. Any ideas guys?
Mike

Felpro #2104

Todd

magnuma1
04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Felpro #2104

Todd

Damn your fast. I have been doing some A/F data logging for Sean. So far so good. I have a new tune to try out.
Mike

PHILLYRT
04-29-2008, 11:15 PM
The Felpro Is Great Until You Take The Airhat Off..... Buy A Couple Of Them.... I Use To Leave 2 New Ones In The R/t For Just In Case...

KicknAsphlt
04-30-2008, 02:09 AM
What I ended up doing was buying a regular ol' fiber gasket from NAPA and coating it with a thin layer of 'The Right Stuff'...both sides and outer edge, let cure overnight...it's lasted longer than any other gasket I've used for my airhat. Or, you could do what Ryan Vowell used to do....put a bead of Right Stuff around the TB ring where the gasket goes and plop the airhat down on it. He never had a blowout doing that.

Rigeldust
04-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Mike

Thats strange i need one too.:woot:

Hey lets do a group buy.:jester:

Salarguy
04-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Super Seal #910-1101 from Speedway Motors. Top gear!

Mopar318
05-01-2008, 10:58 PM
I used a 5 dollar felpro gasket for 2 years, taking off the air hat over and over, and never had leaks.

Most people make the mistake of over tightening the nut, and squishing the gasket right out the side of the air hat. I have the renzoni mount on mine, and all I ever did is hand tighten the nut. Never had a single leak. You dont need no damn messy silicone.

magnuma1
05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I used a 5 dollar felpro gasket for 2 years, taking off the air hat over and over, and never had leaks.

Most people make the mistake of over tightening the nut, and squishing the gasket right out the side of the air hat. I have the renzoni mount on mine, and all I ever did is hand tighten the nut. Never had a single leak. You dont need no damn messy silicone.

I'd like to get the renzoni bracket too, but on my Holley 52mm it only has 1 mounting hole. So I can't use it. I'd have to drill and tap some holes to use it or get a new F&B TB that has the holes already.
Mike

Salarguy
05-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Super Seal #910-1101 from Speedway Motors. Top gear!

Helloooo. $4.99 it will outlast your truck!!

Mopar318
05-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I'd like to get the renzoni bracket too, but on my Holley 52mm it only has 1 mounting hole. So I can't use it. I'd have to drill and tap some holes to use it or get a new F&B TB that has the holes already.
Mike

Taps are pretty cheap, I would just drill and tap it. Or if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Take, the mount, and the TB to the machine shop and they might do it for a reasonable cost.

magnuma1
05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Taps are pretty cheap, I would just drill and tap it. Or if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. Take, the mount, and the TB to the machine shop and they might do it for a reasonable cost.

Good idea. I'll look into it. I don't really want to spend $ on a new TB. Where can I get the Renozoni mount?
Mike

Mopar318
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Good idea. I'll look into it. I don't really want to spend $ on a new TB. Where can I get the Renozoni mount?
Mike

From F&B, call them and that would probally be the quickset way to get it.