PDA

View Full Version : Front hub asy ?

Howellracing
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
My son came over yesterday with his 88 Dakota and I knoticed he had 5 lug hubs on it. I was wondering if anybody has checked to see if the hub and brakes will fit on a later model dakota with 6 lugs. I have a 99 r/t and am really interested in changing it over to 5 lugs to get a better choice of wheels. Anybody ever checked on this and what size is the bolt circle on the older dakotas ? Thanks, Joe

stockerDak
03-27-2011, 06:53 PM
My son came over yesterday with his 88 Dakota and I knoticed he had 5 lug hubs on it. I was wondering if anybody has checked to see if the hub and brakes will fit on a later model dakota with 6 lugs. I have a 99 r/t and am really interested in changing it over to 5 lugs to get a better choice of wheels. Anybody ever checked on this and what size is the bolt circle on the older dakotas ? Thanks, Joe

Nope, won't fit..We are really limited in this area. Have 'em plugged and redrilled. Far as wheels go...Some of these guys on here have more experience with that...My truck is stock and I keep it that way.

AmberFireDaK
03-27-2011, 09:26 PM
1st gen Daks are 5x4.5 lug pattern but the spindles completely different than 3rd gens

The rear axles are 27 spline on the 1st gens and 29 on 3rds.... that's if they are even the same length.

So in short, you have to get the front hubs re-drilled and either get the axles re-drilled or just buy new ones from Moser or strange, etc... with the pattern you want

Howellracing
03-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I figured it was going to be different. That would have been too easy. Oh well Plan B . Thanks for the good info. Joe

stockerDak
03-27-2011, 11:26 PM
I figured it was going to be different. That would have been too easy. Oh well Plan B . Thanks for the good info. Joe

Hey, Joe. Hows the racin' been so far this year? Did you see where Jeff Teuton took an automatic hp hit at the Cajun Sports Nationals. He ran sick fast in that Blue baby of his...went something like 1.70 under. Going straight from H to F. I'll bet the F/SA guys are worrying now, 'cause I know that car has plenty left in it..Those cajuns always could make those mopars fly. I bought my R/T from their dealership in 98. Jeff has the sister car to the one he is racing now, I have been tempted to buy it from them. They have something like ten DP models for sale...My wife is the only hold up on my end. Good luck with the new set up.

Electrical Tech
04-08-2011, 02:26 AM
I had Moser fill and redrill mine to 5 on 4.5". The rim choices are fantastic.

Mike,