PDA

View Full Version : What will it run ?

Howellracing
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey guy's just a quick question. I have a 99 standard cab Dakota R/T . It has a few a/m parts ,such as small short tube headers, Flowmaster muffler, Cold air intake , Throttle body spacer , shift kit and a mopar performance computer. Any Idea what it should run with a set of ET streets on it ? I have a extra pair of 28"x10.5" 15" I was going to try on it. Thanks, Joe

grapejuice1998
03-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey guy's just a quick question. I have a 99 standard cab Dakota R/T . It has a few a/m parts ,such as small short tube headers, Flowmaster muffler, Cold air intake , Throttle body spacer , shift kit and a mopar performance computer. Any Idea what it should run with a set of ET streets on it ? I have a extra pair of 28"x10.5" 15" I was going to try on it. Thanks, Joe

Low 15's.
High 14's if you lose the t/b spacer. :jester:

hskr
03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Depends on you, the track, and weather conditions, but should be close to what Alan said.

mikset
03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
My 99 RC ran a 14.7 with exhaust, headers and a canned Hemifever tune on street tires

Rick Adams
03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Depends on you, the track, and weather conditions, but should be close to what Alan said.

OD & A/C off, start in 2nd ( 1st to 2nd hits good by itself ) and hold until 5400 for 3rd. Should see high 14's.....

Howellracing
03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks, Everyone. I was kinda figuring somewhere around there also. It really feels good on the street. I hope to get it to the track this year for a couple of runs. Most of the time I will be in my race car , but it would be fun to drive to the track and run a few times.

stockerDak
03-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Not as fast as your race car... What are ya'll runnin' now. Hope you are still puttin' the Turds and bowties on the trailer...Did you see what Jeff Teuton ran in his Challenger at the Mardi Gras Nationals...Freakin' stupid fast stocker.

Howellracing
03-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Not as fast as your race car... What are ya'll runnin' now. Hope you are still puttin' the Turds and bowties on the trailer...Did you see what Jeff Teuton ran in his Challenger at the Mardi Gras Nationals...Freakin' stupid fast stocker.

422" smallblock in a all steel , street legal Volare Road Runner. 10.91 so far. Spring and good air it should go in the 70s. I plan on a little spray this year also. 125 shot should get me into low 10s or high 9s. What did Jeff run ?

stockerDak
03-03-2011, 01:46 AM
422" smallblock in a all steel , street legal Volare Road Runner. 10.91 so far. Spring and good air it should go in the 70s. I plan on a little spray this year also. 125 shot should get me into low 10s or high 9s. What did Jeff run ?
He ran 10.49 at 124. -1.79 under the index for D/FIA (IHRA as he was runnin') or H/SA NHRA. That is his 360 Magnum FI car the blue one. And don't even get into the politics of how the hell it even got into the stock class. You know Jeff and Joe and the family are Icons in the NHRA Stock and SuperStock classes.I know he has all the other stock class racers whinin' like big babies. I love those guys like brothers, but a lot of the HP factoring is what put my big Dodge out of the money. That is why I got away from NHRA and went to the IHRA. They seem to treat the class racers a lot better.