PDA

View Full Version : SCT problems

Intense Dak
02-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Anyone ever have the Error 11-noautodetect issue and know how to fix this?

sure is interesting how all ive ever read about SCT is good things till i buy the stinkin thing... go to tune truck and bump cord and now nothing but a couple thousand pound anchor in my garage lol.... only me!!!!!:jester:

grapejuice1998
02-12-2011, 06:50 PM

sure is interesting how all ive ever read about SCT is good things till i buy the stinkin thing... go to tune truck and bump cord and now nothing but a couple thousand pound anchor in my garage lol.... only me!!!!!:jester:

I would unplug it, plug it back in and try again.

Who'd you buy it from? New, or used?

Intense Dak
02-12-2011, 06:59 PM
ive pluged and unpluged everything lol.
Its a new unit from hemifever

grapejuice1998
02-12-2011, 07:36 PM
ive pluged and unpluged everything lol.
Its a new unit from hemifever

Did you contact him and ask?

Intense Dak
02-13-2011, 01:06 AM
supposed to contact SCT see if they can help

nevr2fast01
02-13-2011, 04:16 AM
how did this exactly happen? its not sounding good

dakfink
02-13-2011, 04:40 AM
BUMP CORD?

Sounds like a disconnect during data transfer.

If so may have to send stuff to SCT for RESET!!

PITA I know!!

I suggest anyone that gets SCT to pick up an extra PCM just incase this happens so your not 100% down while it's out at SCT being reset.

jweltch
02-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Not sure how bumping the cord would cause a problem unless it wasn't plugged in very secure to begin with.

Mine almost takes 2 hands to unplug the damn thing.

dakfink
02-13-2011, 03:32 PM
some are tight; some are loose!!

Intense Dak
02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I dont like the sounds of it either.
the plug is very loose on truck, heck if its plugged in and i move the hand held wrong i bet it would disconnect.
kinda upsets me but whats can ya do right

send stuff to sct like the pcm and hand held sct unit?

so what can i do fro an extra pcm do i have to go new or will a used one work? what do i need to know

GoFastGray
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
so what can i do fro an extra pcm do i have to go new or will a used one work? what do i need to know

Your year, and if you have the security feature on your truck (stock grey keys). Match up to the same year pcm and security feature you have. Used backup is fine. You can find them at your local junk yard, car-parts.com, here on the boards, or possibly at the dealer for more than i want to try and guess.

jmaack727
02-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Mine is so tight, I am afraid im going to rip the diagnostic port from the dash.:jester:

Intense Dak
02-14-2011, 03:10 AM
so long as its from a 98 dakota the pcm will work??? even diff motors
i have just got the black key

Intense Dak
02-15-2011, 04:46 AM
just thought i would let you guys know that the tech support at sct helped me out and turned my crummy weekend experience around!!! It took me all day but i got it tuned and running great.

dakfink
02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Who did you talk to?

We always talked to Chris Johnson!!

Always great service and willing to do whatever it took to get the job done.

Long calls, call backs even overseas, doing more research on his end, etc etc.

Never any complaints about SCT driectly.

Intense Dak
02-15-2011, 03:54 PM
dealt with JR and he was all day helping me out called me back, emails, the whole nines. He had a really good sense of humor too lol. two thumbs up to tech support at sct.

White Turbo
02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
just thought i would let you guys know that the tech support at sct helped me out and turned my crummy weekend experience around!!! It took me all day but i got it tuned and running great.

Sooo....

What was causing the error code?
Loose plug?

Intense Dak
02-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Yes, The plug is loose and don't bump them even if they are a tight connection. could do anything if unplugged unplanned but i just had to have the stock tune re-entered onto my SCT tuner and then return truck to stock and then tune it from there.

Intense RT
02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes, The plug is loose and don't bump them even if they are a tight connection. could do anything if unplugged unplanned but i just had to have the stock tune re-entered onto my SCT tuner and then return truck to stock and then tune it from there.Did the same thing with my knee a couple years ago. Recover Stock tune needed. Sean knew what was up, lol. I know, for a separate reason, recently he had the recover stock program for my pcm part #. Just FYI for readers...

98DakRT
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM
my battery died while tuning. I have talked to Sean, SCT, and Sean about 5 more times lol. SCT sent me a recovery file, and it didn't work. Sean sent me a recovery file, and that did not work either. Sean told me to ask you guys after you load the recovery file to the handheld then hook it up to the truck what does it say/do? mine goes through all of the prompts, as normal, while Sean said he thought it just said recovery mode and began right away. He said it only needs a power connection to recover. I do not want to spend $300 on a new PCM if i don't need one. Im having a hard time believing that because my battery died during tuning, something different happened than your guys cord being bumped during tuning. I have checked all of my fuses, and the cigarette lighters work, so obd power should not be an issue. the only thing i can think of at this point besides a fried PCM is a bad ground due to my painting/powdercoating, but i don't see why it would work b4 the battery died. any help would be greatly appreciated

grapejuice1998
03-24-2011, 08:45 PM
my battery died while tuning. I have talked to Sean, SCT, and Sean about 5 more times lol. SCT sent me a recovery file, and it didn't work. Sean sent me a recovery file, and that did not work either. Sean told me to ask you guys after you load the recovery file to the handheld then hook it up to the truck what does it say/do? mine goes through all of the prompts, as normal, while Sean said he thought it just said recovery mode and began right away. He said it only needs a power connection to recover. I do not want to spend $300 on a new PCM if i don't need one. Im having a hard time believing that because my battery died during tuning, something different happened than your guys cord being bumped during tuning. I have checked all of my fuses, and the cigarette lighters work, so obd power should not be an issue. the only thing i can think of at this point besides a fried PCM is a bad ground due to my painting/powdercoating, but i don't see why it would work b4 the battery died. any help would be greatly appreciated

What jumps out at me right away is; are you sure you're trying to load the recovery file and not a tune?

98DakRT
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
yes im pretty sure, but this is my first time using SCT. when i hook the handheld up to the computer and open live load, i click browse, select the recovery file, then add it. Sean told me loading it to slot 1 or 2 does not matter, as it should put the handheld into recovery mode. i tried a few times on each slot. then i hook up the handheld to the truck, and it doesnt do shit. it tells me to press select to program, then only option is recover stock. press select and it powers down module. then promts to turn key on and press select. once you do that it immediately tells me to turn keyy of and press select, then tosses the error code 14 SCI ERR.

mabrt03
03-24-2011, 09:17 PM

Sooo. . . . have you got it to load the NEW Tune ??

Barretta !

98DakRT
03-24-2011, 09:43 PM
What jumps out at me right away is; are you sure you're trying to load the recovery file and not a tune?

yes im pretty sure, but this is my first time using SCT. when i hook the handheld up to the computer and open live load, i click browse, select the recovery file, then add it. Sean told me loading it to slot 1 or 2 does not matter, as it should put the handheld into recovery mode. i tried a few times on each slot. then i hook up the handheld to the truck, and it doesnt do shit. it tells me to press select to program, then only option is recover stock. press select and it powers down module. then promts to turn key on and press select. once you do that it immediately tells me to turn keyy of and press select, then tosses the error code 14 SCI ERR.

98DakRT
03-24-2011, 10:31 PM
after doing some google research ending up on mustang forums, the word of advice is basically a recovery file should work unless power is lost or the key is turned off during tuning. so im guessing my PCM is somehow fucked

bobs rt
04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I had one of pcm's sorta go bad after tuning with sct. It started giving me the whole no autodetect code. It would still take tunes and run fine but there was no more diagnostic info coming through the port. Even my drb3 would say there's no pcm communication. After having some issues with replacement pcm's, i finally got a good one in there and all works fine now including diagnostics.