PDA

View Full Version : Window motors crapping out?

BlackDak59
04-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Ive had my 02 for about 6 months and ever since Ive had it my windows have been goin up slower and slower. The drivers side is a lot slower than the passenger side. Also the pass. side switch is broken on the pass. side. Tonight I rolled down my window using the auto. switch, and it rolled down for about a second then clicked off. I tried it again and it did it again. Has anyones trucks ever experience this. And my a/c has gone out recently too. Guess this is the time where im starting to find the weak links in the truck. :rtfm:

TurboBlew
04-22-2008, 01:38 AM
regulators seem to be weak on these trucks.

Five9Dak
04-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Mine both suck really hard as well, I'm waiting for them to go completely cause I know when i replace them, they will only have a limited life as well.

BlackDak59
04-22-2008, 02:08 AM
If I roll them up at the same time they go EXTRA slow. What do I need to get? New motors?

BTLFED R/T
04-22-2008, 03:25 AM
I had this problem on mine right after I bought it, something in the tracks were too tight. I can't tell you how to check it, but do check that first.

BlackDak59
04-22-2008, 03:44 AM
Hmm... Interesting I'll see what I can do

Rick Adams
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmm... Interesting I'll see what I can do

Have you regreased the tracks? I had a problem on the 99SY, (4-5 years ago) pulled the panel and greased everything and haven't had any issues since.

BlackDak59
04-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Have you regreased the tracks? I had a problem on the 99SY, (4-5 years ago) pulled the panel and greased everything and haven't had any issues since.

Ill try that. I'm thinking I need all new switches also.

John
04-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Believe it or not but most problems with power windows are just sticky tracks. The side rubbery track pieces often dry out and then they grab the windows hard and make it hard for the motors to push them up and down. Its usually just a matter of relubing the rubber tracks.

Get yourself some 3M (or any kind really) DRY silicon spray lubricant. It has to be the dry type. If it doesnt say dry on it, its not the right kind. Also make sure that whatever brand you chose, that it does not contain any waxes as it will make the problem worse. Then just spray down into the tracks (easiest with the door panel off and the window up and using the red straw). Roll the windows up and down and really work the stuff in. You will notice that they move a lot faster and like new.

BlackDak59
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys Ill go pick up some stuff and I'll let yall know how it turned out.