PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Calibration

Andrewr/t
02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I put all the needles back on and held down in the trip button for 3 seconds and than turn the truck to on and it said Calibrating so I let go of the trip button and it dinged a couple times but the needles did not move to the 3 positions. any ideas?

6speedrt
02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I put all the needles back on and held down in the trip button for 3 seconds and than turn the truck to on and it said Calibrating so I let go of the trip button and it dinged a couple times but the needles did not move to the 3 positions. any ideas?

If you could post any instructions you have on this I would appreciate it. I have to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Andrewr/t
02-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I listed them already lol Mine just won't calibrate and go to the 3 positions:

97-00

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/Andrew_rt/GuageCalPic1.jpg

01+

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/Andrew_rt/01upDakGaugeCal1.jpg

NavyIT
02-10-2011, 02:04 PM
I changed my gauges also but I never held down the trip meter and turned the truck on with the ding and all of that. Is that the proper way to do it? All I did was run the truck for about 10-15 minutes take pictures, change the gauge run the truck for 10-15 minutes and try and place the needles in the same place as the pictures. I also notice that around 65-75 sometimes 80 the speedometer sticks a little, speeding up and slowing down. Do you think I have the needles too lose or too tight?

bwdakrt
02-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I changed my gauges also but I never held down the trip meter and turned the truck on with the ding and all of that. Is that the proper way to do it? All I did was run the truck for about 10-15 minutes take pictures, change the gauge run the truck for 10-15 minutes and try and place the needles in the same place as the pictures. I also notice that around 65-75 sometimes 80 the speedometer sticks a little, speeding up and slowing down. Do you think I have the needles too lose or too tight?

That's the exact way I did mine and they are spot on.

Your neddle is a tick too tight. Needs to be pulled off the shaft just a very small amount. I had that problem also.

Andrewr/t
02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I got my volt and Gas guage pretty much lined up where it was but my temperature guage will be way off cause I switched to a 180 stat while my engines tore apart. I still need to get my oil, speed, and tach guages set right. Any idea on how to get them to calibrate cause my truck doesn't want to do it.

NavyIT
02-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks BWDAKRT

WhiteRT
02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I got my volt and Gas guage pretty much lined up where it was but my temperature guage will be way off cause I switched to a 180 stat while my engines tore apart. I still need to get my oil, speed, and tach guages set right. Any idea on how to get them to calibrate cause my truck doesn't want to do it.

Well if you can use a DRB to see your idle rpm you can set that there along with your coolant temp. Use a GPS application on your phone to set your speed, you should be good to go.

Todd

KicknAsphlt
02-25-2011, 07:33 PM

Andrew,
Your needles might be on too tight...that, or IIRC you have to hold the button down while you turn the key on, and hold the button until you see the needles all flatline to the left.