PDA

View Full Version : Factory floormats

Pneumatic_Tire
01-24-2011, 12:57 AM
What did the factory floormats look like for our trucks? Were they anything special as far as RT embroiderd or anything? My truck is missing them. Thanks.

sunike32
01-24-2011, 01:10 AM
No, they never had and R/T embroidered floormats from the factory, however, there is a company who makes a very nice embroidered set. I think if you search 'floormats' you will get a recent result from AndrewRT who posted pictures of ones he just bought. I want to buy the same ones, but I want the "Dakota" and "R/T" to be two different colors. They used to do them in different colors...but now their website says just one color is allowed. I am going to give them a call sometime and ask...

Found the link for you:
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13547&highlight=floormats

Pneumatic_Tire
01-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks!!:burnout:

Andrewr/t
01-25-2011, 02:35 AM
No, they never had and R/T embroidered floormats from the factory, however, there is a company who makes a very nice embroidered set. I think if you search 'floormats' you will get a recent result from AndrewRT who posted pictures of ones he just bought. I want to buy the same ones, but I want the "Dakota" and "R/T" to be two different colors. They used to do them in different colors...but now their website says just one color is allowed. I am going to give them a call sometime and ask...

Found the link for you:
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13547&highlight=floormats

They were pretty bitchy with me on the phone when I tried to get them to put the Viper snake on the floormats. They went on and on about how its a lisenced mopar logo and it was made for the viper not a dakota. It's not like I wanted it put on a ford mat.

The Floormats do come with a lisenced Mopar tag on them. I saw a set on ebay awhile back and someone was trying to pass a set off as being factory stock floormats. :jerkit: They are very nice quality floormats though for just around a houndred bucks.

sunike32
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I have pictures from years ago that show mats identical to yours, but either "Dakota" or "R/T" was done with silver thread. However, I noticed on their web site they say the embroidery needs to be the same color. I need floor mats badly, just to get that 'finished' look, so hopefully they will work with my when I eventually call them...

WhiteRT
01-25-2011, 11:36 PM
I have pictures from years ago that show mats identical to yours, but either "Dakota" or "R/T" was done with silver thread. However, I noticed on their web site they say the embroidery needs to be the same color. I need floor mats badly, just to get that 'finished' look, so hopefully they will work with my when I eventually call them...

US Speed sucks ass - those guys are DICKS!

The two color gig is right on lloyds site (the manufacturer)....look for yourselves.

http://www.lloydmats.com/images/822026_RT_over_DAKOTA-100.jpg

Call lloyds and have them find a dealer to work with you - Scott and I originally got them to do the first Dakota R/T mats back in 02 for a GSM product.

Todd

sunike32
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM
US Speed sucks ass - those guys are DICKS!

The two color gig is right on lloyds site (the manufacturer)....look for yourselves.

http://www.lloydmats.com/images/822026_RT_over_DAKOTA-100.jpg

Call lloyds and have them find a dealer to work with you - Scott and I originally got them to do the first Dakota R/T mats back in 02 for a GSM product.

Todd

Great info, thanks Todd!!

Mind if I ask what problems you had with US Speed? Sounds like Andrew wasn't totally thrilled with them either...

Andrewr/t
01-26-2011, 08:49 PM
The order I made for those mats was fine and didn't have any problems. It was just when I called previously and tried to get the viper snake put on the mats, when they were a little bitchy and not willing to custom make it.

sunike32
01-26-2011, 08:52 PM
The order I made for those mats was fine and didn't have any problems. It was just when I called previously and tried to get the viper snake put on the mats, when they were a little bitchy and not willing to custom make it.

Ohh okay, I gotcha.

WhiteRT
01-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Great info, thanks Todd!!

Mind if I ask what problems you had with US Speed? Sounds like Andrew wasn't totally thrilled with them either...

They were a preffered vendor for Lloyds - Lloyds wanted us to sign up through them (GSM) before it was an actual business because we had no license it was just a hobby and US speed said ok but wanted to charge us full retail price - they were just assholes from the get go and then they wanted to put restrictions on how we could order the mats. We said fuck it and got GSM a resale license. It was OUR fucking idea and what actually led to lloyds getting licensed through Mopar - thats how many mats we sold and they wanted to charge us full pop and dictate how/what we could order. FUCK THEM!

It sounds like they still dictate what you can order - I bet if Andrew called Lloyds mats they would have made him what he wanted as a one off set. The problem comes when its advertised by a reseller as a stocking product.

Just my .02 - I wouldnt piss on US Speed if they were on fire....:)

Todd

sunike32
01-26-2011, 09:44 PM
That's all I gotta hear. I'll contact Lloyd Mats directly when I am ready to buy some :biggthumpup:

chadrt99fr
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM
I have a set that are pretty nice I got from the folks a couple years ago for Christmas. I will have to do a little research and figure out where they picked them up.