PDA

View Full Version : Data log files

hskr
12-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Okay, I saved a few data logs and imported them into excel files, but I want to organize the by RPM. Anyone a wizard with Excel that can tell me how I can re-organize the data to show the data sorted by RPM and time rather than just time. What I would like is RPM in the first column and the rest of the data for that RPM in each succeeding column so the data goes across rather than vertical but each row being a different RPM??

Right now it is sorted vertically by time like this
LOAD_PCT
ECT
SHRTFT1
LONGFT1
MAP
RPM
SPARKADV
IAT
TP
O2S11
SHRTFT11
O2S12
SHRTFT12
What I want is the data to go horizontally with RPM in first column to make it easier for Sean to decipher. I've sent him data logs before, but he said he couldn't make heads or tails of the data in the format it makes it.

Five9Dak
12-10-2010, 08:50 PM
send it to black99rt@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do. I think I can get it sorted for you but it's not easy to explain. When I work it out I can see what steps I take and then try to explain it.

hskr
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Email sent. I sent the original csv file.

99blackrt
12-11-2010, 12:25 AM
If he can't figure it out let me know as I've dealt with excel lots. csehn@sasktel.net

Five9Dak
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I forwarded you the two solutions I sent him. Maybe you can improve upon them.

hskr
12-11-2010, 01:43 AM
the second one where the data is filtered vertically by date/time stamp in separate columns is what I want. Not sure how you did it. I understand the first file how you have all the data in a separate tab, but not the way i want it even though I could work with it that way. And have no clue what that python script thing is or how it works to know how to run it.

Five9Dak
12-11-2010, 04:01 AM
You can combine the data that is on different tabs on yet another tab if you undestand how I got there. I didn't run the phython thing, the guy who coded it produced that other spreadsheet.

hskr
12-11-2010, 04:22 AM
You can combine the data that is on different tabs on yet another tab if you undestand how I got there. I didn't run the phython thing, the guy who coded it produced that other spreadsheet.
The python thing didn't work for another friend of mine trying to help and don't know what a python script is, let alone how to execute it in excel.

Five9Dak
12-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Python is a programming language, it has nothing to do with excel. I would give up on that and just continue to work on the template I gave you till it looks like the python output. You can combine the data in its own column with a common column for time but dont let them interleave horizontally, then sort by time to interleave.

Adobedude
12-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I wanna see I wanna see...

adobero@comcast.net

Five9Dak
12-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I forward the stuff I got to you Dave.