PDA

View Full Version : winter rebuild started.. suggestions for cam?

MotorH3ADZ~99 R/T
12-03-2010, 04:37 PM
well its been awhile. since Ive worked on my truck but all great things come with time, right?

so I just finished bolting the motor back together. got to hit it with a nice coat of mopar blue engine paint and then bolt it back on the rebuilt tran. Did't go to crazy with her.

Basically bored .20 HS 1.6 rr's m1 manifold and waiting on my 52mm f&b throttle body (still has a stock cam, so if anyone knows a good mild cam to go with this set up please let me know):D

Tranny has a HD rebuild kit in it done by Pro-Formance transmissions out of Deleware. They rebuilt my torque converter too, but still looking at a viper 2600

Next is finishing up fuel lines. Installing the fuel cell, because gas tank is gone.

Then custom exhaust time

got the Hotchkiss suspension ordered and some cal tracs on the way too

So well it's gonna be a busy winter but can't wait for it to be done.

Wish me luck.. i'll try and get some photos of the build process

Kingst3r
12-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Good luck, where did you order your hotchkis kit from? Just sways or you got leafs, springs, and shocks?

MotorH3ADZ~99 R/T
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
i got the sways springs and shocks.. my leafs are in pretty good shape. and i ordered everything right from hotchkiss

hopefully we can get some more trucks out at bear mountain next year

Kingst3r
12-06-2010, 02:56 AM
i got the sways springs and shocks.. my leafs are in pretty good shape. and i ordered everything right from hotchkiss

hopefully we can get some more trucks out at bear mountain next year

Oh you musta ordered it a while ago. Just got my kit today, brand new never opened from another member on here :rockwoot:. Yeah hopefully, Im always down to go. Just gotta organize it haha

ChrisR/T
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I've got a sweet heads and cam setup for sale that would probably really wake that engine up. ;)

MotorH3ADZ~99 R/T
01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
price and mileage? info on heads and all that fun stuff

ChrisR/T
01-23-2011, 04:13 AM
Looking for 1050 shipped.

0 miles. everything is brand new. cam, timing chain, water pump, gaskets, heads, valves, springs, etc.