PDA

View Full Version : Spintech Headers

slvr bullet rt
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I wanna try the the long tubes but i have read some post on here that mid length headers and long tubes are about the same HP gain i have some mike leach headers now but i am leaning on the long tubes i just dont want to buy the headers and find out they dont add any HP gains or torqe gains are there any issues on installing the long tubes and are the plates reliable (leaking issues) if i spend 850.00 for headers i would like to see some HP gains and some torqe gains......:drive:

98Dak408
11-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Some people have reported some initial difficulty with their headers leaking and some haven’t. (Incidentally, I initially had some difficulty with leaks with my Mopar mid-length headers until I got it right.) When it comes to really competitive high dollar racing, headers are typically designed and fabricated for specific applications and power ranges. However, aftermarket headers come in three basic sizes: small tube, mid-length, and long tube. The small tube is better than the stock intake with minor modifications. A good mid-length is probably a good set up for the street and a modified engine. The long tube is generally best for a highly modified engine where you want your power closer to the high end. I would however skip the shorties and go with a mid-length and long tubes if I was going for the higher end. One modified combo may shine with the mid-length vs the long tube and another may be the opposite. I don't have any dyno numbers between the mid-length and the long tube but the outcome would probably depend upon the the level of engine modification. The mid-length may to be easier to install than a long tube.

razman131
11-29-2010, 02:35 AM
I wanna try the the long tubes but i have read some post on here that mid length headers and long tubes are about the same HP gain i have some mike leach headers now but i am leaning on the long tubes i just dont want to buy the headers and find out they dont add any HP gains or torqe gains are there any issues on installing the long tubes and are the plates reliable (leaking issues) if i spend 850.00 for headers i would like to see some HP gains and some torqe gains......:drive:

if your going with the most common bolt ons and maybe some bigger mods and stroker, stay with the mid lengths.

if your planning on a balls out, big cam and heads stroker motor later on, get the long tubes now if you can afford them. tho the mid lengths will work well too.

dakfink
11-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Over the Mikee Leach headers your probably not going to see much if any gains, right now.

As stated if you plan to go BIG/ All out then get the Long Tubes and grow into them.

But if you plan to go with a stout street set-up the Mids will fill the bill just fine.

I also think with the full length you have to get a bit creative with the exhaust system.