PDA

View Full Version : New Upper/Lower Control Arms

kaptaink
11-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey guys,

I have been talking with Taylor(michiganmetalinfo@gmail.com)
Michigan Metal Works
Midland, MI
www.MichiganMetalWorks.com

He has a set of upper/lower arms he builds for bagged trucks, but I asked him how much work it would be to convert to a setup that has a 3" drop that still uses coils/shocks. Taylor says not much work at all. Note he does use FB stock instead of tube, but in my opinion they still look much better than the stamped stockers. I have attched a couple pics of what he makes. Have a look and post your comments/thoughts

BluRT00
11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Looks pretty cool. :biggthumpup:

2k1AmberR/T
11-15-2010, 08:29 PM
How much do those there cost? I'd love them if they were pretty much a stock replacement, aka not narrowed arms and no drop. Or just a little bit of drop but not 3".

Five9Dak
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Are they heavier than stock?

kaptaink
11-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Guys, Taylor has been great to talk to and he enjoys making one off shit
If you want a different drop or no drop ask him. All he has to do is change the location of the spring pocket. The pics I posted are for bagged only.
I have asked him to add holes for the brake line brackets and the bump stops - he has no problem. As for weight call it the same. Slight increase on the lowers, slight decrease on the uppers. I can post more pics tonight - limited from work

As far as cost well...... they aint cheap $950 plus $50 for powder(your choice of colour)
The main pieces are water jetted and this includes the jeebus joints,upper and Lower Control Arms, modified to fit coil springs, with all bushings, and mounting hardware. To me it is worth it, small market shit is always expensive

Sick 660r
11-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Are they heavier than stock?

looks like it

2k1AmberR/T
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM
1000 peanuts holy damn. Still tempting, I need new bushings and balljoints and would like to drop mine another inch or so but I'm not a huge fan of cutting the coil, in fact I've already cut 1/4 coil off. It wasn't enough though.

kaptaink
11-15-2010, 09:15 PM
yeah - not cheap but there really are not a lot of options - especially when you are talking upper and lowers. Since I am a suspension dummy I am asking a ton of questions of Taylor. I was wondering what shock/coil combos would work, he replied a stock setup should work as he can drop the spring pocket to accomodate the drop. But still maintain the geometry for the stock shocks/springs. He did mention he is not sure how it will ride. I really want to drop the front without cutting coils

G-Man
11-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Those are SWEET.

blk00rt
11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
looks good but I wonder whose ball joints he is using in those pictures. The Moog Ball Joints I have are a bolt in design and I can not see in those pictures how the ball joings bolt in. I wonder if you have to modify the spindle to get them to work.

kaptaink
11-15-2010, 10:02 PM
those are the jeebus joints, something I had never heard of before
The jeebus joints are replaceable and rebuildable, however they have a very very long serveice life, (according to him) nearly 8x longer than most balljoints. they use 1" spherical bearings, which are also used on desert trucks and off road trucks. Supposedly they are very tuff, and he builds them to fit our setup.

Bump couple more pics added

kaptaink
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Well - my upper arms are done - here is a pic of the upper
HE is working ion my lower arms now:biggthumpup: