PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding rear brakes question...ABS

SB440R/T
10-19-2010, 06:38 AM
When bleeding the rear brakes on an 03 is there any ABS systems that need to get bled also? Reason I ask is because when I switched to the Torino brakes I am not getting any bite on them. Disk still look like new with almost no scuffing on them.

mf360
10-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought there was a proportioning valve in the rear line. If yes, you may need to adjust that accordingly. I can't remember for sure though....been a long time since I messed around back there.

RTchas
10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Ya might want to look into a proportioning valve I know these trucks rear brakes Never worked correctly I have 25,000 miles on org. rear shoe's.I can remember some other owners complaining about the lack of rear bite in their R/T's not to mention how hard on frt brakes these trucks are because of it.

ddrango
10-19-2010, 07:29 PM
My truck seems to have more rear bite than front bite now with 03' R/T rear brakes and 02' front brakes.

When my bud did the brakes he clamped the single main line coming to the distribution block for the rear brakes. Then when we put it all together he bled them a little and they are perfect now.

SB440R/T
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Ya might want to look into a proportioning valve I know these trucks rear brakes Never worked correctly I have 25,000 miles on org. rear shoe's.I can remember some other owners complaining about the lack of rear bite in their R/T's not to mention how hard on frt brakes these trucks are because of it.

Well I had the 03 brakes, and they would do pretty well. Granted I never changed pads, but I never changed the pads on the front brakes either and that was with 30k on it as of now.