PDA

View Full Version : gauge cluster calibration

Magnum
04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Ok so here is the problem, I installed a new face for my cluster, and I cant get the needles to do "the dance". I hold in the reset button,...it says "CHEC" and then the bell dings 6 times and then nothing. It has done it in the past, but I am wondering if it is due to the Mopar Performance PCM.

I have all the needles back on where they belong (or close enough) except the speedo and I am guessing the last resort is to drive and poke.

Any suggestions???

BTLFED R/T
04-07-2008, 10:55 PM
When I did the gauge face in my R/T, I just put the needle on the pin under 0 and it was fine. Matter of fact I did that with the tach needle as well. Mine "danced" though.

1LoudRT
04-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Every Now and then the guage faces won't lay flat on the cluster and will come up a little resting against the needle or needles' Make sure thats not the issue. Has happened to me before.

Magnum
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
When I did the gauge face in my R/T, I just put the needle on the pin under 0 and it was fine. Matter of fact I did that with the tach needle as well. Mine "danced" though.

Ill give that a shot first....that is if the weather around here will play nice

Magnum
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Every Now and then the guage faces won't lay flat on the cluster and will come up a little resting against the needle or needles' Make sure thats not the issue. Has happened to me before.

They are all free and moving, It is just the damn check sequence wont fire off

hskr
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Has nothing to do with the PCM

Magnum
04-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Has nothing to do with the PCM

then why isnt it working???

hskr
04-10-2008, 02:08 AM
The self test for the guage cluster is built into the guage cluster itself, and the electronics inside of it. Maybe try pulling it back out and checking to make sure none of the pins on the connectors behind the dash got damaged, if you pulled it out all the way, and maybe just reseating it on the connectors will help. Could be something as simple as a bad connection not allowing the proper voltage to get to the circuit needed for the self test.