PDA

View Full Version : central/southern Indiana & Illnois ,Ohio

Twisted R/T
10-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Guys,and Girls,
I would like to propose a GTG that I believe would have something for everyone. Best part is no of us have to plan or run it.
For the past 3 years Jesse Martin(OrangeRT),Chris Marion(WhiteDak99),and Bill Bratton(Twisted R/T) have attended the "Bowler Transmission Track Day". This is a two day event the third weekend in July. It is held at Mid America Airport in Lawrenceville IL. For reference that is just across the stateline from Vincennes IN.
The cost to register is $25.00... $35.00 if you are going to autox. I will say IMO the autox is the best part.
For your registration you will receive on Saturday: a goodie bag, a cruise-in/cruise(this is usally missed by those who autox), and autox. I usually get about 15-20 runs in. For Sunday you get a judged car show,drag racing for time(no head to head), a meal ticket for two people to eat. There are usually vendors set up selling eats as well, door prizes,ans awards.
We (the afor mentioned trio) get a hotel room in Vincennes for Satuday night.So that after a long day of autox we go somewhere for a good meal, then sit around and bench race,and just relax.
I/we have tried to get others to attend this event in the past. It would be awesome to have the Dak/Durango folks make this an annual deal.
I will post info as it becomes available to me.
Bill

whitedak99
10-03-2010, 03:56 AM
This is a great idea Bill.....Get the info out early!!!!

This is a Kick Ass fun weekend guys. I came up this past year fresh out of school that Saturday morning and still got to run autox...until I got sick for the lack of not eating all day and the heat. Still had a blast. LOL:drive:

jr/t01
10-09-2010, 02:35 AM
awsum boss sounds sick will be their keep me posted lol so we all dont forget thanks for looking out bro

dude with the white truck your rims and the hood look sick on your truck very nice bro

Nitrohog
10-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Sounds like it would be a great place for an R/T meet!

captianoats
10-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm in. I grew up only a few miles away, have no idea how I've never heard of this. Gives me an excuse to get back home for a weekend.

Branx5.9
10-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Count me in also!

captianoats
10-16-2010, 10:33 PM
If you guys in IN are serious, I would be happy to meet up and we can convoy down. I know where the airport is.

Branx5.9
10-17-2010, 04:50 AM
I'm serious. We could convoy up from Southern IN, should try to get a few other locals to get in on it.

scatpackdal
10-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Forget having a hotel room in Vincennes, how about having your own house there? My family has one for sale on First St currently; beautiful views of the George Rogers Clark Memorial. Buy, buy, buy!!!

03DakStampede
10-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Count me in if the schedule for next year permits lol and if I don't forget. There is a auto x event on novemeber 7 here in Columbus that I'll be at along with twistedr/t If anybodys interested.

Jontoad
10-21-2010, 12:14 AM
might be down for this too far ahead to know for sure... but i would be bringing the SRT... got to figure out how to bring a low pro jack and 4 race wheels though...

whitedak99
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Almost that time boys. Here is the info

http://www.dayatthestrip.com/

Saturday
July 16

Cruise-In & Car Show Registration
Tracy Electric Speed Stop Challenge
Ridetech’s AutoCross ( Helmets Mandatory ) 3pm – Dusk
Carbon Kustoms Cruise Through Lawrenceville starts @ 5:30
50/50 Tickets and Raffle
Sunday
July 17

Cruise-In & Car Show Registration 8am-1pm, Judging 12-2pm
Bowler Transmission Quarter Mile Passes ( Helmets Mandatory ) 10am – 12pm & 1pm – 3pm
(Limited edition full color timing tag for sale (spectators into drag area $1.00)
15 cent Hot Dogs, 10 cent sodas
50/50 Tickets and Raffle
Detroit Speed’s BBQ Dinner – For registered vehicles
Trophies @ 3pm

whitedak99
07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
This is coming up this weekend:rockwoot: