PDA

View Full Version : underdrive pulleys

99R/TMan
04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
i would like a set of underdrive pulleys for the rt. let me know a price.

TurboBlew
04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
If you have a 99 or older.. the complete sets are only about $120 brand new from summit.
You can buy the crank pulley seperate for around $70 or so.
Gives a nice lil boost off the line
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Frankfriendly/DAKOTAPICS/P3180352.jpg

Adobedude
04-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Underdrive pulleys caused me nothing but grief....

TurboBlew
04-25-2008, 02:30 AM
what kinda grief?? Work well for me and I drove all over the place in my truck.

Adobedude
04-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Not enough juice to keep my fuel pump happy.

hskr
04-25-2008, 03:14 AM
Had chargin problems on my truck with them as well. Couldn't keep up with my stereo and e-fan demands.

BTLFED R/T
04-25-2008, 04:18 AM
Had chargin problems on my truck with them as well. Couldn't keep up with my stereo and e-fan demands.

I didn't have stereo or e-fan on mine and just the underdrive crank pulley couldn't keep the voltage up at night with the headlights on.

Adobedude
04-25-2008, 04:33 AM
WTF...

You drove your truck...AT NIGHT!

That aint right.

BTLFED R/T
04-25-2008, 04:48 AM
WTF...

You drove your truck...AT NIGHT!

That aint right.

:jester: Gotta go cruzin' man! The only part that sucked was the farm road drive home, fuckin' bugs!

krusty_R/T
04-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Mine works fine with it. Lights dim a bit at idle at night, but thats my only issue and I have an e-fan, msd, and stock stereo

BTLFED R/T
04-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Mine works fine with it. Lights dim a bit at idle at night, but thats my only issue and I have an e-fan, msd, and stock stereo

Yeah, my lights would dim along with the voltage needle dropping way down. Sometimes I thought it would throw a code or die it would read so low.

00RedRT
04-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, my lights would dim along with the voltage needle dropping way down. Sometimes I thought it would throw a code or die it would read so low.

Ditto. I'm having a full set of aluminum pulleys made including the A/C compressor cover right now. ALL of them will be stock sizes...I'm done with the underdrive crap.:mad:

I'll have these new sets for sale once I get the first set in for a test fitting. I'm excited as I have both cooling issues and charging issues from my current underdrive ones.

TurboBlew
04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Dumb question... but has anyone with charging issues checked the feed wire from the alternator the the power junction box?
My stock one looked like crap and was probably giving all kinds of resistance.
Once I replaced that wire I picked up alittle over a volt at idle and the guage always read above 14 but didnt with the stock cable.

00RedRT
04-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Dumb question... but has anyone with charging issues checked the feed wire from the alternator the the power junction box?
My stock one looked like crap and was probably giving all kinds of resistance.
Once I replaced that wire I picked up alittle over a volt at idle and the guage always read above 14 but didnt with the stock cable.

I'll look into it. Though I noticed my voltage drop immediately after putting on the underdrive crank. It's only at idle though, once it gets over 1000 to 1200 rpms it's fine.

krusty_R/T
04-25-2008, 09:26 PM
My voltage never drops at all. It's a very slight difference from idle to pushing the throttle a bit. Never threw a code for it. I do have a red top, but I'm sure everyone else does as well..lol

dakota-boy
04-25-2008, 09:38 PM
i run a red top and have replaced all the wiring, power and grounds, and i get maybe a .3v drop at idle, then goes back up, i never have any problems at all, i just have a underdrive crank pulley though, i have a alt but i havent ever put it on, dont feel like buying another belt

BTLFED R/T
04-26-2008, 03:45 AM
Ditto. I'm having a full set of aluminum pulleys made including the A/C compressor cover right now. ALL of them will be stock sizes...I'm done with the underdrive crap.:mad:

I'll have these new sets for sale once I get the first set in for a test fitting. I'm excited as I have both cooling issues and charging issues from my current underdrive ones.

I seen those on your site. :biggthumpup: