PDA

View Full Version : Procharger

nloeffler16
09-21-2010, 03:47 AM
I have a few question im putting a procharger on my 2000 R/T and i was wondering what fuel pump i should run? and what PSI injectors i should run? also colder range spark plugs any ideas? and anything else anybody knows that could help me out thanks!

Miggity
09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
A lot of this stuff has already been covered, which may be why you haven't gotten much of a response. Try the search function. :)

- miggity

WhiteRT
09-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a few question im putting a procharger on my 2000 R/T and i was wondering what fuel pump i should run? and what PSI injectors i should run? also colder range spark plugs any ideas? and anything else anybody knows that could help me out thanks!

Ditch the DFMU get an SCT tuner - if you are running 9psi on stock motor your stock fuel system will probably be fine....much more than that you can upgrade the intank pump to a 255lph walbro.

Depending on your setup 42lb/hr injectors should be fine.

I run NGK V-powers in all my supercharged daks - bkr6e has yielded best results with boost.

You will also need a 2bar map sensor to tune with the SCT - hit up hemifever@aol.com to purchase the tuner and he can tune it for you as well via email.

I would also never venture into boost without a wideband 02 sensor - the innovate lm2 is a nice choice for that and seems to be the favorite wideband around here. You must be able to datalog the tunes so hemifever can dial it in.

That is the long of the short....

Todd

nloeffler16
09-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks Todd for your answers! and on my truck i have a Mopar Performance Cam, M-1 intake, 50mm 2bbl throttle body, Headers, Harland roller rockers and exhaust. and also a stage 2 jet chip, and performance PCM but i heard to get rid of that and go back to stock to run the SCT tuner?

WhiteRT
09-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Yes you have some mismatched parts.

The 50mm tb is no good for boost, the mopar pcm is a goner, the jet chip can leave as well.

Todd

BluRT00
09-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I would like to chime in on the Mopar PCM. I talked with Sean (HemiFever) SCT tuner about this when I ordered my sct. He claims he can tune the Mopar performance PCM's with no issues. Only reason he tells people to ditch them is maybe they can sell it off. That is the only reason, so if your tight on money and its the only pcm you have. He can get the job done.

nloeffler16
09-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Todd what throttle body do you use then? and how much do those sct tuners cost from hemifever?

WhiteRT
09-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Todd what throttle body do you use then? and how much do those sct tuners cost from hemifever?

I have a 58mm F&B sitting in the box - a 55X52mm would work for you too....if you hurry there is a group buy for excellent pricing on them right now.

I believe the SCT is in the neighborhood of 300, the fuel injectors should set you back about 250 and the map sensor about 75 bux.

Todd

PeteRT
09-26-2010, 04:59 AM
good tip on the NGK's... just picked up a set on egay.

pete

WhiteRT
09-26-2010, 05:46 AM

pete

You will like those plugs I think - I have always had great luck with them.

Todd

White Turbo
09-26-2010, 06:21 AM

pete

I really like the BKR 6E's too. I've been running them for years without a problem.

PeteRT
09-26-2010, 06:54 AM
ive always run whatever autolites walmart has on the rack... though, i'm a little different animal these days and i'll take ya'lls word for it.

learning this new setup is great. i haven't met a mph yet i couldn't break the tires loose on. havent made it to the highway though, lol

pete

nloeffler16
09-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Todd- if i put the walbro pump do i have to get a new fuel filter? and the wideband o2 sensor do i have to get the whole kit or just the sensor?

WhiteRT
09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Todd- if i put the walbro pump do i have to get a new fuel filter? and the wideband o2 sensor do i have to get the whole kit or just the sensor?

I put an inline filter in mine - you can wash your intank one though, they dont sell a filter by itself for the intank that I have ever found. But again I have a return system and use an inline filter.

You need to get a whole kit, the LM2 will provide data logging capabilities that will be necessary for hemifever to tune your truck.

Todd

nloeffler16
09-26-2010, 07:28 PM
damn and that kit is like 500$ that i seen.. and just wash the filter and ill be good! and how does he tune your truck? curious how that happens..

1. Walbro255lph fuel pump
2. 42Lb Injectors
3. NGK BKR 6E V-power spark plugs
4. SCT Tuner
5. 2bar map sensor
6. 58mm F&B or 55X52mm

thats what i have so far on what i need to upgrade for the procharger and get the best performance. anything else im missing?

BluRT00
09-27-2010, 01:49 PM
damn and that kit is like 500$ that i seen.. and just wash the filter and ill be good! and how does he tune your truck? curious how that happens..

1. Walbro255lph fuel pump
2. 42Lb Injectors
3. NGK BKR 6E V-power spark plugs
4. SCT Tuner
5. 2bar map sensor
6. 58mm F&B or 55X52mm

thats what i have so far on what i need to upgrade for the procharger and get the best performance. anything else im missing?

Yeah some new head gaskets. If your going to run this thing under 10psi or so Fel-pro head gaskets will be perfect.