PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested In Doing A Dakota Rt Performance Book

rattler360
04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I Want To Gauge Interest In A Getting Your Help In Convincing One Of These Motor Book Companies To Do A Book On Performance And Mods For The Dakota Rt. Im Kinda Pissed Because I Just Bought A Book Called Muscle Trucks And The Dakota Rt Wasnt Even Mentioned, Ive Only Found One Book Called American Muslce That Does A Nice Section On The Dakota Rt,we Could Get Some Of The Vendors And Motor Builders Involved, And It Doesnt Have To Be Just Rts, But Dakotas In General, Like Th Shelby Dakota, The Dakota Sidewinder Projects Both The Banks And Dodge Ones, The Twin Turbo Shelby Ak-1 Dakota, Which Was A Test Bed For The Viper Engine Development. It Can Have Drag Racing, Autocross, Etc.

WeezyRT
04-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool idea.

ccroper
04-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I will buy one. It's rare that you ever see anything in magazines about our trucks.

dak0ta_g33k
04-05-2008, 10:23 PM
yes indeed!!! likely, we'll share topic with the 5.9 Ram hotrodders though?

rattler360
04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
sure why not, like i said ive only found one book modern american muscle that does anything on the RT. it could be a history on the trucks, how to modify them etc. for drag racing, auto cross, road course. i think if we get enough info together and do a DODGE MUSCLE TRUCK BOOK. AS WELL AS DOING ARTICLES ON THE SHELBY DAKOTA, DAKOTA CONVERTABLE, AND VARIOUS DAKOTA CONCEPTS LIKE THE TWIN TURBO SHELBY AK-1, THE DODGE V-10 SIDEWINDER SEMA CONCEPT. I THINK THESE TRUCKS ARE RARE ENOUGH TO DESERVE SOME KIND OF BOOK WRITTEN.

DaPurpleRT
04-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Would be cool I think.

WicKed R/T
04-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Mopar made a book called "Mopar Street Truck". Has a lot of pictures of various R/Ts, rams, and drag only dakotas. The only thing is that the info in it is outdated.

John
04-06-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah they should do something like that but with better info

rattler360
04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
that the idea, most of the mopar books are out dated, and only focused on factory replacement stuff mostly