PDA

View Full Version : 2011 meet?

2k1AmberR/T
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
So now that this year is over with have there been any talks about next year within the executive board? This year was an awesome meet, however I'm not exactly sure how the national meet rotation is 'supposed' to go or where the next meet is 'supposed' to be or whatever. It is never too soon to start planning though.

Has ANYONE put any thought into anything? Any members that didn't get to make the meet this year but would love to be a part of the meet next year? I have a feeling the Texas boys might have something to say, maybe?

BryanRT360
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
So now that this year is over with have there been any talks about next year within the executive board? This year was an awesome meet, however I'm not exactly sure how the national meet rotation is 'supposed' to go or where the next meet is 'supposed' to be or whatever. It is never too soon to start planning though.

Has ANYONE put any thought into anything? Any members that didn't get to make the meet this year but would love to be a part of the meet next year? I have a feeling the Texas boys might have something to say, maybe?

there is no more "rotation" . Basically it will be where ever we get proposals from. Any member is welcome to submit proposals to the exec board. not just a post saying have it here..but I fully planed event, with the totals costs...

(good chance of the meet being held mid country)

grapejuice1998
09-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I looked into a meet in Texas even before Carlisle just to try and get an early start on it, but things didn't pan out. The costs would be excessive and the venues ridiculous to deal with.

I looked into the following places:

http://www.motorsportranch.com/
They refuse to let trucks or SUV's on their property though. End of sentence and thank you for your inquiry.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/Schedule/
They started the conversation by saying we would need a $6,000,000 liability insurance policy for the event. Then we could pay $$ to run the NASCAR track. We could also pay to use one of their parking lots for an Auto X. That would be another $2,000 + arranging and paying a club to host the timing aspect, then a little more $$ for an ambulance and a police officer for security.

http://www.dallasraceway.com/
They never returned my e mails or phone calls, but they are rumored to be very difficult and expensive to deal with. The Muscle Car Club Challenge ended up canceling their event there this year, due to difficulties negotiating the price.

I don't really want to host a half ass, tag along event for a National Meet, so I decided to drop the idea. Bob Penfold still wants to try and come up with something (I think) and I'll be glad to pitch in and help any way I can, but I have to say the chances of a Dallas (or a Texas) meet, don't look very promising at this time.

SB440R/T
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Why not try and have it at Texas Heat Wave? Granted its in the Middle of July, but its a huge show and plenty of tracks in the Dallas Area to go do TNT, could probably even convince the track owner to block off two lanes for the club.

grapejuice1998
09-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Why not try and have it at Texas Heat Wave? Granted its in the Middle of July, but its a huge show and plenty of tracks in the Dallas Area to go do TNT, could probably even convince the track owner to block off two lanes for the club.

I'm having trouble figuring out the schedule for Dallas. It looks as though it's either in September or November.
About the only track that's friendly enough to work with you around here is this one:
http://www.northstar-dragway.com/

It's an 1/8 mile and it's about 40 miles North of Dallas. They're cool as Hell out there though.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=north+star+dragway&fb=1&gl=us&hq=north+star+dragway&hnear=Richardson,+TX&cid=5497437883260072479

SB440R/T
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
I dont think they have released their schedule yet. I just know their shows are generally very big and diverse.

Hugh Jassole
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I think we'll get our best bang for the buck by piggy backing on another larger event, like we did this year

mtlcafan79
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Anyone that wants to host the Nats can do it. If you are seriously interested PM, or better yet call me. Make sure you have at least 30 minutes to kill before you do. Then I'll let you decide if you're still up to it.

Andrewr/t
09-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Only other large event I could think of would be do the weekend of the Mopar Nationals in Columbus or one of the chrysler classic events. There's a couple tracks around columbus that we could get for probably a good price.

grapejuice1998
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I wish we could do one in Vegas. Some of us wanted to back in the day, but the old Execs had something against the idea from the get-go.

Five9Dak
09-21-2010, 12:49 AM
It doesnt matter where it is or what we do, so long as we have a killer turnout like this past meet. IMO (killer for recent years that is)

sunike32
09-21-2010, 03:33 AM
It doesnt matter where it is or what we do, so long as we have a killer turnout like this past meet. IMO (killer for recent years that is)

AMEN! None of that 2009 meet business :nono: :nono:

razman131
09-22-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm having trouble figuring out the schedule for Dallas. It looks as though it's either in September or November.
About the only track that's friendly enough to work with you around here is this one:
http://www.northstar-dragway.com/

It's an 1/8 mile and it's about 40 miles North of Dallas. They're cool as Hell out there though.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=north+star+dragway&fb=1&gl=us&hq=north+star+dragway&hnear=Richardson,+TX&cid=5497437883260072479

did ya hit up tha track in Ennis?? or the supposed new one by Devils Bowl??

SinCity R/T
09-22-2010, 03:48 AM
I wish we could do one in Vegas. Some of us wanted to back in the day, but the old Execs had something against the idea from the get-go.

I tried getting some basic quotes a few years ago, but trying to rent out LVMS is prohibitively expensive. I can check with them again, but I suspect that our best bet would be to piggyback with an event like Mopars at the Strip - would be easy to get the car show done that way, but there are far too many vehicles racing there for them to allot us a dedicated bracket. The local SCCA chapter is pretty active, but I dunno how much they'd help.

grapejuice1998
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
did ya hit up tha track in Ennis?? or the supposed new one by Devils Bowl??

Ya think? lol.

FUCK the Motorplex. I tried to deal with them when I put in a bid for Dallas, the same year the DRTC accepted the Baytown bid instead. The Motorplex is corporate owned and could give a shit about anyone else but the John Force types and the Big Shows. It would have cost over $14,000 to rent the track. They won't do anything else either, like give you a couple lanes during TnT. I won't even go there anymore, for any reason.
The "One by the Devils Bowl" is Dallas Raceway, which is the one I linked in my first post. Turns out, they suck too as far as dealing with Clubs goes.

Which brings me to the final reason that I don't care to get involved with a Dallas bid. I don't understand why everyone gets so whiny when I mention the 1/8 mile (not directed at you in particular). People here have always been resistant to the 1/8 mile, but it fits our budget and would be a lot of fun if they would just give it a chance, but all the bench racers love to tell others "what it runs in the 1/4".

As for a Dallas bid in general;
If someone else arranges everything I will be glad to help them out when the time comes, but other than that, I don't really care to be involved at that level anymore. Too many headaches on both sides of the fence.

Rtspeeddemon
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I think its time for another COUNTRY to host the event :-)

Hmmm lets see yep CANADA comes to mind, but not sure how many of you criminals have border issues :laughing:

We have track, shop for dynoing etc etc. :woot:

Rtspeeddemon
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM

Hmmm lets see yep CANADA comes to mind, but not sure how many of you criminals have border issues :laughing:

.... did i mention a few fairly quick trucks as well. :jerkit:

SB440R/T
09-22-2010, 02:31 PM

.... did i mention a few fairly quick trucks as well. :jerkit:

Make it happen, that would be cool I think. Are you in east or west Canada?

RobbyD
09-22-2010, 02:51 PM

I think KJ is in Ontario.

Rtspeeddemon
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM

Crossing at Niagara is the closest to Toronto. Drive to Scarborough is about 1- 1/2 hours from Border crossing.

Crossing at Detroit/Windsor is about 4 hours away. Many of the Michigan guys have been here before.

Local tracks are Toronto Motorsports Park aprox 1 1/2 hours from Toronto, Scarborough area.

or

St. Thomas dragway 2 1/2 hour drive.

Dyno Shop is in Scarborough and this is where meet itself would be held or thereabouts.

White Turbo
09-22-2010, 10:58 PM
K.J.,

If you are serious about hosting the meet, we would love to see a proposal from you.

As Sean mentioned, the DRTC is taking proposals now.... Please PM or call Sean for the details.

DirtyR/T
09-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Mopars at The Rock in Rockingham NC always had a good turn out. Its a 1/4 mile track and the race track is across the street

grapejuice1998
09-23-2010, 03:12 AM
Mopars at The Rock in Rockingham NC always had a good turn out. Its a 1/4 mile track and the race track is across the street

Ideas are good. Bids are better! :biggthumpup:

Rtspeeddemon
09-23-2010, 11:44 AM
K.J.,

If you are serious about hosting the meet, we would love to see a proposal from you.

As Sean mentioned, the DRTC is taking proposals now.... Please PM or call Sean for the details.

Ed i PM'd you a few questions.

dakfink
09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
I'll put my 2-cents in even though I have never been in a position to go even though I really want to someday!!!

I'm with Grapejuice!! People need to get over not wanting to go to 1/8th mile tracks.

There is so much of an advantage to them.

1. Price is less
2. Most aren't IHRA/NHRA sanctioned and even if they are they overlook the rules for private venues.
3. Most are more Family oriented not the Corporate BS.
4.Hell even the Big League racers are starting to cut back from the 1/4-mile.

Most races are determined before the 1/8 anyways. Very rare to see a race position change hands after the 1/8 unless it's a wreck or something breaks, or one door-to-door race. That is even more rare.

Just watched some ADRL racing 2 weeks ago (I had never been a fan of 1/8 myself till then). Those guys were running 180-210 in the 1/8 @ 4.30-3.80secs.

Now backing up what GrapeJuicyPops said: If members were open to 1/8 mile tracks there are 3 other alone that I can think of that could have been added to the list.

1. Kennedale Dallas Muscle Car Challenge uses them
2. Prairie Hill This one is a bit red-neck, it's a section of runway in the middle of cow pastures BUT no sanctioning and it would probably be cheap. They also have more than enough room for Auto-X, they run a truck driving school on the same facility during the week.
3. Little River / Academy : another outlaw track. This ones is 1/4 as long as you don't run faster than 10's. Then they restrict you to 1/8 because they don't have the shutdown for faster cars. They have a lot of shade tree area. Dallas Muscle Car Challenge used to use this track. Not sure if they do any more? But also they are IHRA sanctioned so have to follow the rules and have Tech Insp.

I know there are several more around Dallas that I don't know much about or even know about.

To keep it economically feasible you need to look at 1/8 mile tracks or Piggy Back into other big events!!

Personally if it were me? I'd look at either Piggybacking a BIG event OR look at renting a Smaller track and also trying to tie another Club/s like the Lightning Club into the mix!!

Hugh Jassole
09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I could give a shit about the drag strip. Something like Atlanta though, that's the shit. It's really more about the hang factor for me.

RobbyD
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I could give a shit about the drag strip. Something like Atlanta though, that's the shit. It's really more about the hang factor for me.

I Agree with you Don. I'd rather hang out with everyone for a weekend then drag race, becuase I don't wanna run the risk of breaking something so far from home.

scatpackdal
09-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Most races are determined before the 1/8 anyways. Very rare to see a race position change hands after the 1/8 unless it's a wreck or something breaks, or one door-to-door race. That is even more rare.

What?!?!? I'd have to disagree with that all the way to the bank. If you're bracket racing it's definitely not true since you generally can't even catch your opponent until after the eighth due to the nature of the staggered start. Even heads up, especially when you're talking about vehicles that aren't terribly quick, read our trucks, being beat off the line definitely gives you a better chance to catch up to your opponent IF you have more HP than the other lane. I'd have to say that's why I don't like 1/8 mile racing, there's simply not enough room to catch up even though in theory if you're bracket racing it's possible.

You mention Pro Mod, just watch them run in the 1/4. The turbo cars have such a greater chance of winning on the long track than the short track since it gives them more time to apply full boost. It's one reason why Pro Mod drivers have been reluctant to go to turbos because they know they can't have all the power off the line, which they need, if they're running a shorter distance. I think 1/8's mile real advantage is in less wear and tear on parts which is why many series won't run 1/4 mile even on a 1/4 mile track because the racers will complain. /thread jack

As for the meet, as it's been said before, I think you have to take the meet to the people. It's why this past year was successful, it was known that the mid-Atlantic and NE states had active members who'd likely try to make the meet. It sucks that this theory alienates so much of the country but for the sake of the club, a meet that could produce 40 trucks over maybe 15-20 is likely to be a better option for the club most everytime. I wish I still lived in Ohio as it provided many more opportunities for a venue, but down here in NC, I don't think there's much to get the draw unless something badass, read expensive, was conjured up. All I know if that anyone willing to put forth a proposal gets major props in my book for putting serious time and effort into the club.

SB440R/T
09-23-2010, 05:38 PM
What?!?!? I'd have to disagree with that all the way to the bank. If you're bracket racing it's definitely not true since you generally can't even catch your opponent until after the eighth due to the nature of the staggered start. Even heads up, especially when you're talking about vehicles that aren't terribly quick, read our trucks, being beat off the line definitely gives you a better chance to catch up to your opponent IF you have more HP than the other lane. I'd have to say that's why I don't like 1/8 mile racing, there's simply not enough room to catch up even though in theory if you're bracket racing it's possible.

You mention Pro Mod, just watch them run in the 1/4. The turbo cars have such a greater chance of winning on the long track than the short track since it gives them more time to apply full boost. It's one reason why Pro Mod drivers have been reluctant to go to turbos because they know they can't have all the power off the line, which they need, if they're running a shorter distance. I think 1/8's mile real advantage is in less wear and tear on parts which is why many series won't run 1/4 mile even on a 1/4 mile track because the racers will complain. /thread jack

As for the meet, as it's been said before, I think you have to take the meet to the people. It's why this past year was successful, it was known that the mid-Atlantic and NE states had active members who'd likely try to make the meet. It sucks that this theory alienates so much of the country but for the sake of the club, a meet that could produce 40 trucks over maybe 15-20 is likely to be a better option for the club most everytime. I wish I still lived in Ohio as it provided many more opportunities for a venue, but down here in NC, I don't think there's much to get the draw unless something badass, read expensive, was conjured up. All I know if that anyone willing to put forth a proposal gets major props in my book for putting serious time and effort into the club.

Of course you are not going to catch him at the 1/8mile because the dial in is supposed to put you at the 1/4 mile at the same exact time. Thus reaction time wins the race. Bracket racing cannot be used in this argument at all because its all based on a dail. You can dial in for 1/8th mile also.

Also, cars that race 1/8th mile are set up much differently, much taller gears and such.

scatpackdal
09-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Of course you are not going to catch him at the 1/8mile because the dial in is supposed to put you at the 1/4 mile at the same exact time. Thus reaction time wins the race. Bracket racing cannot be used in this argument at all because its all based on a dail. You can dial in for 1/8th mile also.

Also, cars that race 1/8th mile are set up much differently, much taller gears and such.

I'm aware of all of that. I'm saying go watch a bunch of 1/8 bracket racing and go watch a bunch of 1/4 bracket racing... In my experience, you'll find that 1/4 mile bracket racing has much more varied results as to who wins the race. I would phrase it as the race gets longer you introduce more error with regards to dialing in, so it simply allows for more variation. This is in regards to your more typical backyard sportsman racer where you have larger disparity with regards to HP not higher dollar semi-pro/pro classes that are ultra competitive and dial-ins only vary by hundredths. I'm not claiming to be scientific here, this is anecdotal.

Rtspeeddemon
09-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Being a Turbo set-up 1/8 mile is not my cup of tea either (mainly because Canadians like beer). 1/4 mile is where its at and always has been.

dakfink
09-24-2010, 09:56 AM
You can argue either way you want 1/8 or 1/4 till your blue in th face fact is racing is racing. I enjoy both.

Those that are serious about it know how to set their cars up for either. That's why many run Ford 9" rear ends. In about 30 mins. you can go from 1/8 mile gears to 1/4 miles gears make a few adjustments and your set.

Watch some Outlaw Street Car and 10.5 racing!!! These guys have my full respect, most don't have BIG Money sponsors and also build their own Combos.

Turbos don't have a dis-advantage in the 1/8 for those that know how to run them. They are knocking down some serious times in venues where they are allowed, even in the 1/8th.

But as was said it does make more since to have the Meet in a loctaion where a known higher number of members will actually show up.

Rtspeeddemon
09-24-2010, 11:22 AM
You can argue either way you want 1/8 or 1/4 till your blue in th face fact is racing is racing. I enjoy both.

Those that are serious about it know how to set their cars up for either. That's why many run Ford 9" rear ends. In about 30 mins. you can go from 1/8 mile gears to 1/4 miles gears make a few adjustments and your set.

Watch some Outlaw Street Car and 10.5 racing!!! These guys have my full respect, most don't have BIG Money sponsors and also build their own Combos.

Turbos don't have a dis-advantage in the 1/8 for those that know how to run them. They are knocking down some serious times in venues where they are allowed, even in the 1/8th.

But as was said it does make more since to have the Meet in a loctaion where a known higher number of members will actually show up.

Here's an example of what most racers think of it.

EZ Street class was switched this year to 1/8 mile at TMP. Last year there was an average of 22 cars entered into the events. This year it averaged 4 yes 4 cars per event the rest said screw this and went to another track 2 hours further out of town.

Anyways lets get this thread back on track.

Carl J
09-25-2010, 07:04 AM
What about doing it somewhere in the center-ish of the country?

grapejuice1998
09-25-2010, 02:02 PM

Yah! What about that?! :jester:

dakfink
09-25-2010, 03:41 PM

That's always been my thought!!!

Kansas is about as center as you can get!!

grapejuice1998
09-25-2010, 03:56 PM
That's always been my thought!!!
Kansas is about as center as you can get!!

It doesn't matter where you have the meet. There will still be tons of people whining about the location.
The 2nd DRTC Nats ever produced was held in Topeka, Kansas and was a tremendous success.
The divisional rotation prescribed in the DRTC by laws dictated that the meet move to a new division each year, so that every part of the Country could end up hosting a meet. While that seemed like a good idea, it actually killed the DRTC Nats in my opinion. It should have stayed in Topeka every year, for all eternity.
But it didn't and we are where we are. As it stands now, anyone, anywhere, can put in a bid for a Nats location. So instead of wishing, hoping and even suggesting, you will have to make a bid for a Nats if you have a location in mind.

dakfink
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
It doesn't matter where you have the meet. There will still be tons of people whining about the location.
The 2nd DRTC Nats ever produced was held in Topeka, Kansas and was a tremendous success.
The divisional rotation prescribed in the DRTC by laws dictated that the meet move to a new division each year, so that every part of the Country could end up hosting a meet. While that seemed like a good idea, it actually killed the DRTC Nats in my opinion. It should have stayed in Topeka every year, for all eternity.
But it didn't and we are where we are. As it stands now, anyone, anywhere, can put in a bid for a Nats location. So instead of wishing, hoping and even suggesting, you will have to make a bid for a Nats if you have a location in mind.

I can't go anyways!!! They always seem to like to have it during the time of the year when I can't make it. Either not in the Country or if I am; am working. OH well?! No biggy!

Axiom
09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Do it in Texas! I hope to be living in Austin before the next meet.

krs1r/t
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
nj area it is, we have the fastest trucks

Carl J
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM
How about the northwest then? I'm not talking about the rainy crap in WA and western OR.

BryanRT360
09-26-2010, 10:25 PM
how about someone come up with some proposals... all the have it here shit dont fly... we could make suggestions all day long, but that dont get use no where..

any more posts saying to host it "Here" will be deleted.

Rtspeeddemon
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
nj area it is, we have the fastest trucks

Hmmmm Maybe in the U.S :jerkit:

Rtspeeddemon
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I am willing to work on and submit a Proposal for Ontario hosting the meet next year, however I need some sort of a feeling on whether or not we would get a decent turnout?

Basically meet would be 1 1/2 hours aprox from the Niagara Border or 4 hours from Windsor/Detroit crossing.

If the consensus was there would be enough people supporting a meet here then I will do the work and make an official proposal in a couple of months.

grapejuice1998
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
how about someone come up with some proposals... all the have it here shit dont fly... we could make suggestions all day long, but that dont get use no where..

any more posts saying to host it "Here" will be deleted.

I back you 100% on that Bryan. In fact, they probably ought to be deleted now so that others won't read them and continue to post locations before they read these posts.

If you have a location in mind for a Nats, work up a proposal and submit it to the DRTC. Simply suggesting a location gets you nowhere.

PM Sean Mc Andrews:
(http://www.dakotart.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=38)
for details and what to include in a bid.

Five9Dak
09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
"We could not calculate directions between broomall pa and ontario canada." That might be a problem, lol.

RobbyD
09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that, you need to have passport or enchanced license to get into Canada. Not a super huge deal to get, but something I'm sure not everyone has.

KJ, I'll go to Ontario count me in!

Five9Dak
09-27-2010, 08:57 PM
What's an enhanced licesnse? I don't have a passport.

sunike32
09-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that, you need to have passport or enchanced license to get into Canada. Not a super huge deal to get, but something I'm sure not everyone has.

KJ, I'll go to Ontario count me in!

Robby, I think the "enhanced" license may just be a NY thing?

RobbyD
09-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Robby, I think the "enhanced" license may just be a NY thing?

I tought all boarder states could get it? IDK. It cost me $40 3 trips to the DMV, becasue they will only accept certain forms of Citizenship and residency. It did take about a week to get though.

sunike32
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I tought all boarder states could get it? IDK. It cost me $40 3 trips to the DMV, becasue they will only accept certain forms of Citizenship and residency. It did take about a week to get though.

You may be right about all border states...

Chris, it's a "special" license, if you will, that you can cross the border with. I don't know the exact details, as I don't have one yet...

tcuillier
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Enhanced driver's licenses are available here in Washington State also.

Tom

grapejuice1998
09-27-2010, 10:53 PM
What about emissions violations, or illegal exhausts? Will Canada f*ck with you for that at the border, or otherwise?

sunike32
09-27-2010, 11:01 PM
What about emissions violations, or illegal exhausts? Will Canada f*ck with you for that at the border, or otherwise?

Wow, that would suck wouldn't it? Didn't think of that...

grapejuice1998
09-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Wow, that would suck wouldn't it? Didn't think of that...

Another scary though (for me anyway), what about Nitrous? I've heard they won't let you into the tunnel from Detroit with it.

Five9Dak
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Hide three small bottles in your passenger seat cushion.

RobbyD
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM

I doubt it. I've crossed the boarder with a modified exhaust. Hell i've pushed a fox body Mustang across the boarder before! LOL

Another scary though (for me anyway), what about Nitrous? I've heard they won't let you into the tunnel from Detroit with it.

That I can see happening.

Hide three small bottles in your passenger seat cushion.

I wouldn't suggest hiding anything in your car. Custom agents WILL strip your vehicle, and they don't have a sense of humor.

grapejuice1998
09-28-2010, 12:31 AM
I doubt it. I've crossed the boarder with a modified exhaust. Hell i've pushed a fox body Mustang across the boarder before! LOL

"Border" :biggthumpup:

RobbyD
09-28-2010, 12:45 AM
"Border" :biggthumpup:

I've been drinking since I got home from work. My B, Sir.

Rtspeeddemon
09-28-2010, 12:03 PM

NO should be no issues there at all.

Keep the comments coming guys as I really need to get a feel if it is worth submiting something for Ontario. I am more than willing to make the meet everything it can be if we felt we could get the required turnout to make it a success. On another note there is a huge LX club here and if we somehow included them into the mix it could become a huge event. They have had 70+ vehicles attend big local event here.

RobbyD
09-28-2010, 03:28 PM

Keep the comments coming guys as I really need to get a feel if it is worth submiting something for Ontario. I am more than willing to make the meet everything it can be if we felt we could get the required turnout to make it a success. On another note there is a huge LX club here and if we somehow included them into the mix it could become a huge event. They have had 70+ vehicles attend big local event here.

That would work. How far are you from Brampton? A tour of the plant would be cool!

Rtspeeddemon
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
That would work. How far are you from Brampton? A tour of the plant would be cool!

Meet would be about 45 minutes from Brampton. It may be possible to get a tour especially if the LX group was included as a few work there.

mtlcafan79
09-28-2010, 04:53 PM
KJ, look for an email later this afternoon.

Rtspeeddemon
09-28-2010, 06:32 PM
KJ, look for an email later this afternoon.

Will do.

1LoudRT
10-13-2010, 04:26 AM
I vote for it to go back to Topeka- Some one write up a proposal!!!!

razman131
10-13-2010, 04:45 AM

that would work if both clubs can agree on a date. there is/was a SRT8OC club member that worked in the Brampton plant that could poss arrange a tour.

still, its to far a hump for me, even of i took the MSRT8 there (22mpg v/12 for the R/T.... price diff eat up the mpg advantage)

Kingst3r
10-16-2010, 06:48 PM

I like this idea. Right up a proposal haha. I think a location somewhere in the middle is good. This location isnt bad because we can pull a lot of guys from up north and down south as the drive time is kinda equal for everyone, some from the west too. DirtyR/T, go with this one :biggthumpup:

hskr
10-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I vote for it to go back to Topeka- Some one write up a proposal!!!!
Don't think there are many active members from the club in the Topeka area anymore like there was when the last meet was there. Kind of hard for people to set up a meet from long distance. If I wasn't going back to Cali in Jan, I'd try to throw something together for a NE/IA meet. Have a local 1/8 strip with a road course as well. An active SCCA club with plenty of hotels in the area.

grapejuice1998
10-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm sure all of the information that was collected to set up the Topeka meet is still available. It could be done, but it would take a great deal of support (as do all good meets). Lots of people would have to be willing to pitch in together and get it organized, then those same people would have to get to the location early, set it up and run the show.

It's fine to suggest a location, but it does absolutely no good. You have to be willing to organize a meet in that location, otherwise you're just wasting time.

mtlcafan79
10-18-2010, 01:24 PM
It's fine to suggest a location, but it does absolutely no good. You have to be willing to organize a meet in that location, otherwise you're just wasting time.

+1

That's pretty much what all of the meets boil down to. Everyone is willing to suggest pie in the sky, but when it comes time to do the leg work and get things going, nothing happens.

RTchas
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
So? Where are we going next year? Some folks have to Inform work as to when they want vacation time right after the 1st of the year.(Me) That being said should I just resubmit the Dates for Carlisle?:D

mtlcafan79
10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
You can put in for Carlisle every year. Carlisle will be an official NE R/T meet. KJ said he will have a proposal in early enough for people to make plans. Unless anyone else submits something, Nats are gonna be north of the border next year.

1LoudRT
10-20-2010, 03:16 AM
You can put in for Carlisle every year. Carlisle will be an official NE R/T meet. KJ said he will have a proposal in early enough for people to make plans. Unless anyone else submits something, Nats are gonna be north of the border next year.

Does that mean you have a written proposal already?

sunike32
10-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Does that mean you have a written proposal already?

I'm thinking no one has submitted a proposal yet, but KJ has probably showed enough interest and will to come up with one before long. Basically if KJ's proposal is the only one the club receives, then that's where it'll be held...

grapejuice1998
10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
But that doesn't mean people shouldn't enter a proposal if they want to. The more choices, the better.

Five9Dak
10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Yeh it just means they should go apply for passports now :-)

RenegadeRT5pt9
10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
If carlile is going to happen again that would be great. Dont know if anyone has thought of doing the truck nationals instead of chrysler. Just a thought

Five9Dak
10-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Some people go to both. I'd rather see old mopar muscle.

Andrewr/t
10-20-2010, 04:47 PM
^ ditto. Either in PA again or at Mopar Nats would work for me. I'm sure there's a few other large mopar shows as well to arrange the meet around.

bad360rt
10-20-2010, 05:02 PM
If carlile is going to happen again that would be great. Dont know if anyone has thought of doing the truck nationals instead of chrysler. Just a thought

Carlisle happens every year, might not be the National meet, but it's def a NE meet. I'm with Chris, All Chrysler is where it's at for me.

Rtspeeddemon
10-20-2010, 05:31 PM
As mentioned I will have a proposal to the Exec Board prior to Christmas. I need the time to meet with a couple local R/T owners so we can jointly toss our ideas around and come up with the best ideas we can muster up.

5.9 R/T
10-25-2010, 03:35 AM
I'd be in for a Ontario meet, but we need a race track. But I'm sure KJ is gonna get sure that there is a race track when he'll make the proposal lol. I wanna see that 10.50 truck :biggthumpup:

razman131
10-25-2010, 05:02 AM
As mentioned I will have a proposal to the Exec Board prior to Christmas. I need the time to meet with a couple local R/T owners so we can jointly toss our ideas around and come up with the best ideas we can muster up.

jsut be sure to hit the LX and SRT8 forums for a joint meet to keep costs down.

5.9 R/T
10-26-2010, 06:11 PM

That could be cool also... Like Dakotas vs SRT8... Like a quick 16 or something...

grapejuice1998
10-26-2010, 09:27 PM

KJ mentioned combining with those groups to begin with. :biggthumpup:

mtlcafan79
10-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Everyone can circle their calendars for Carlisle again in 2011. July 7-10, 2011. It'll be a NE R/T meet for sure, just not a Nats level event. You can expect the same shenanigans again I'm sure.

huskerrt79
12-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Already had the wife request off for Carlisle!

RTchas
12-03-2010, 03:56 AM
:biggthumpup:Always down for Carlisle!

Kingst3r
12-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Ill be at carlisle, no excuses :nono:

Andrewr/t
12-03-2010, 04:24 AM
I'll be at Carlise again. Maybe the R/T meet depending on location and timing.

Edit: We need to post up a thread and decide on a place to stay this year so we can all book rooms early. We could always stay at the holiday In again and hope they don't block off half the parking lot lol

robmitc7
12-07-2010, 04:27 PM
When was the last time ya'll came to virginia!! lol I'm just saying obviously cause I live here, but last year we had Mopar Madness at Virginia Motorsports Park, which is next to richmond and is a 1/4 mile track, and we had TONS of mopar cars and older trucks, but only 2 dakotas other than mine were there. Just a suggestion. Usually held in like June?

SB440R/T
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
When was the last time ya'll came to virginia!! lol I'm just saying obviously cause I live here, but last year we had Mopar Madness at Virginia Motorsports Park, which is next to richmond and is a 1/4 mile track, and we had TONS of mopar cars and older trucks, but only 2 dakotas other than mine were there. Just a suggestion. Usually held in like June?

Don't want suggestions, they want proposals. If you really want it in VA, you have to do the legwork to get a proposal and then it gets voted on.

mtlcafan79
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Don't forget all the legwork that comes after the proposal. There's a lot more to it than you realize.

2k1AmberR/T
12-07-2010, 08:35 PM

Carlisle is only a few hours away, we have a damn good turnout there.

sunike32
12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Carlisle FTW

RobbyD
12-08-2010, 04:44 AM
can we have the award banquet here?

http://sohclub.com/

Five9Dak
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
NSFW- thanks robby. lol

Rtspeeddemon
12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
We are tentative looking at submitting a proposal for Sat June 4th - Tues June 7th OR Friday June 3rd - Mon June 6th.

Reason being is we are looking to tie our proposal into a tour of the LX Brampton assembly plant on either the Mon or Tues. As well there is the largest car show in Canada happening same weekend in London Ont about a 2 hours drive for those who want to take it in.

Unfortunately i wont have a firm proposal in place until January as the holidays are making it impossible to meet up with the LX guys who I want included in this meet.

bob97sst
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Sorry I have been out of loop for some time. My job has just been insane over the past 6 months as we have doubled in size and space this year. Now that I am wrapping all of the changes up, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am still game for Texas. I have a lead on the $6 million insurance policy. I need to get with Grapejuice and discuss what information he already has and what else I need to check into so I can start putting together a bid.

I can have my girl help with the leg work as needed. I also have a couple of local members that have offered to assist as well.

grapejuice1998
12-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry I have been out of loop for some time. My job has just been insane over the past 6 months as we have doubled in size and space this year. Now that I am wrapping all of the changes up, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am still game for Texas. I have a lead on the $6 million insurance policy. I need to get with Grapejuice and discuss what information he already has and what else I need to check into so I can start putting together a bid.

I can have my girl help with the leg work as needed. I also have a couple of local members that have offered to assist as well.

I don't think we will have much club money to work with though.
We would most likely have to use an 1/8 mile for drags and for some reason people don't like that idea, but I'll be glad to help you with the bid any way I can.

hskr
12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Not sure why people don't like 1/8 miles?? That's all I have here and all I raced in San Diego. They are fun, you get a lot more cars through in less time, and it's more of a test of drivers skills with the launch than a full 1.4 mile where you may be able to make up for a bad launch with HP.

White Turbo
12-08-2010, 11:53 PM

Good to hear from you Bob.

We look forward to a bid from both you and K.J.

BluRT00
12-09-2010, 02:27 PM
I know suggestions meant squat on this. Hell might be cheaper for all of us to go on a cruise ship for a few days. Get drunk, have fun bench race, basically the same stuff we do on this site. :jester:

Addicted2Blue00
12-09-2010, 03:44 PM
there or another atlanta setup

White Turbo
12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Just an FYI for anyone wishing to have a National Meet in their area in the future.

A successful meet should consist of a show&shine event with awards.
An optional racing and/or autocross event with awards.
Optional events such as tours, rallies, car cruises, dyno day, etc.

The event should have a host hotel, a meeting place for the awards ceremony and prize giveaway, and optional food catering, or a restaurant for dinner.

The event needs to be co-ordinated that so all events can be attended in a 3 or 4 day span.

If anyone is serious about a meet in their area, the first thing you should do is contact your local DRTC rep, and run your ideas by them. They will be able to help you with the specifics.

bob97sst
12-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Just an FYI for anyone wishing to have a National Meet in their area in the future.

A successful meet should consist of a show&shine event with awards.
An optional racing and/or autocross event with awards.
Optional events such as tours, rallies, car cruises, dyno day, etc.

The event should have a host hotel, a meeting place for the awards ceremony and prize giveaway, and optional food catering, or a restaurant for dinner.

The event needs to be co-ordinated that so all events can be attended in a 3 or 4 day span.

If anyone is serious about a meet in their area, the first thing you should do is contact your local DRTC rep, and run your ideas by them. They will be able to help you with the specifics.

Thanks, that already answered a couple of the questions I had.

bob97sst
12-10-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't think we will have much club money to work with though.
We would most likely have to use an 1/8 mile for drags and for some reason people don't like that idea, but I'll be glad to help you with the bid any way I can.

I am looking at a couple of options we have around us. I have been talking with most of the local Mopar clubs and there is some interest in putting on a huge Mopar show with SnS, drag racing, and a cruise.

There is also 2 big events in late summer events that could be workable, Southwestern Mopar Mini-Nationals and Lapse for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway. TMCCC.org (Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge) is also having races (both 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks) most Sundays around this time. Cowtown Mopars has won this competition last eight years.

Rtspeeddemon
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
How soon after submitting a proposal before we have a decision made.

Reason I ask is my proposal will be sumbitted by Jan 16th.

As everyone has mentioned as much advance notice is the key to success. There should be a deadline established for having a proposal in place.

White Turbo
12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
How soon after submitting a proposal before we have a decision made.

Reason I ask is my proposal will be sumbitted by Jan 16th.

As everyone has mentioned as much advance notice is the key to success. There should be a deadline established for having a proposal in place.

The tentative deadline for submitting this year's proposals is the end of January.

6speedrt
12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
The tentative deadline for submitting this year's proposals is the end of January.

Ed,

One thing you guys might do is to make an online template of the minimums needed to make a meet of this size happen. Might eliminate a lot of questions.

mtlcafan79
12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
You're gonna need more than just a dragstrip to host a meet at.

Adobedude
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
You're gonna need more than just a dragstrip to host a meet at.

I'm guessing a bar and a hospital....

BluRT00
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm guessing a bar and a hospital....

Plus a couple helmets for the bar autocross. :biggthumpup:

hskr
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Plus a couple helmets for the bar autocross. :biggthumpup:
Some people need helmets just for the parking lot festivities.

BluRT00
12-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Some people need helmets just for the parking lot festivities.

Poor Dave we wont ever let that down. :jester:

bad360rt
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Poor Dave we wont ever let that down. :jester:

It's my favorite award :jester:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bad360rt/GabrielJan08095.jpg

Adobedude
12-23-2010, 03:45 AM
It's my favorite award :jester:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/bad360rt/GabrielJan08095.jpg

Too fucking funny....