PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating LM2 O2 sensor?

BluRT00
09-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Ok read the destructions and ran all the wires. Book claims let O2 heat up ok, then go to the menu and go to calibrate O2. It will flash Cal and then read 20.9 or close to it. Well on mine you do that and it won't even warm up past 99. It appears as W99 on the afr when warming up. O2 sensor is not in the exhaust system just sitting on the ground under the truck to calibrate. Am I doing something wrong? Should I install it into the exhaust bung and calibrate it that way? I wonder if I pop the sim card out and back in if it will reset and do what its suppose to do? Any insight or info would be great.

BryanRT360
09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
D
Ok read the destructions and ran all the wires. Book claims let O2 heat up ok, then go to the menu and go to calibrate O2. It will flash Cal and then read 20.9 or close to it. Well on mine you do that and it won't even warm up past 99. It appears as W99 on the afr when warming up. O2 sensor is not in the exhaust system just sitting on the ground under the truck to calibrate. Am I doing something wrong? Should I install it into the exhaust bung and calibrate it that way? I wonder if I pop the sim card out and back in if it will reset and do what its suppose to do? Any insight or info would be great.

Sounds like your doing it right. Maybe plug it in and wait 5 min. SD card shouldn't matter.

Five9Dak
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
It sounds like it hasnt done a heater cal properly. If it is anything like the lc-1:

Before anything you need to power cycle it without a sensor plugged in. Then the next time a sensor is present, it will do a heater cal followed by a sensor cal.

GoFastGray
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Mine did the SAME thing. I was pretty confused after trying it 10 times.
I put my laptop in the truck, connected it to the lm-2 and somehow was able to calibrate it that way.

RJ_Hythloday
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Mine did the SAME thing. I was pretty confused after trying it 10 times.
I put my laptop in the truck, connected it to the lm-2 and somehow was able to calibrate it that way.
The whole point of the LM2 (for me) is no laptop in the truck. They sure are finicky.

BluRT00
09-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Thank you all for responding. I am going to unplug the sensor and power it up like stated. Then hook it back up, hopefully that does the trick. If not will go the computer route.

GoFastGray
09-15-2010, 06:35 AM
The whole point of the LM2 (for me) is no laptop in the truck. They sure are finicky.

Not driving around, just getting it all dialed in.

User
09-15-2010, 08:23 AM
The LM2 is buggy from my experience. Which firmware are you using on the unit? The AFR likes to freeze up a lot i have to unplug the 12v source and the OBDII plug and then plug it back in to unfreeze it. It gets very annoying. This could be happening to you.

Also from what i have heard/read the LM-2 Firmware updates (if you can get them to work) actually fuck it up more, instead of fixing the main bugs.

BluRT00
09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
The LM2 is buggy from my experience. Which firmware are you using on the unit? The AFR likes to freeze up a lot i have to unplug the 12v source and the OBDII plug and then plug it back in to unfreeze it. It gets very annoying. This could be happening to you.

Also from what i have heard/read the LM-2 Firmware updates (if you can get them to work) actually fuck it up more, instead of fixing the main bugs.

Whatever firmware came on it. I have yet to hook it to my computer. Could this be a issue?

BluRT00
09-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Well nothing is working as suggested. I signed up on the Innovate forum and see a bunch of posts about this same shit. Some say the big connector is to blame. Others talk about not enough power from the cig lighter. Then others go into programming of the LM2 stating it doesn't give enough time to warm up. This is delaying me, have a feeling I am going to be messing with this thing all day. One thing is I have my cig/ acc port on key/run ignition. Also have a charger on the battery all the time and have a at rest bat power of 12.9. I have yet to start the truck and try to calibrate this turd that way. If that's the case FML.

Five9Dak
09-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Their techs are pretty helpful if you call. Ask for Felipe. Their number is 714-372-5910 and they can be called 8 to 4:30, Pacific time.

BluRT00
09-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I got it fixed, and this seems to be a common issue. I noticed this after signing onto their forum. The big connector that hooks up to the O2 has to be squeezed together pretty good. Once you hear a loud click its together and all those headaches are gone. Glad that's done.