PDA

View Full Version : 40/20/40 seat set up.

attactrl
09-05-2010, 10:22 AM
I have the 40/20/40 seat set up in my RC. I have been thinking about jamming some new seats in, Viper, SRT4, or some racing seats. But I don't know how the center console will look like with different seats. How will they line up? Does anyone have any pictures? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything good enough to get a good look at.

grapejuice1998
09-05-2010, 01:19 PM
I have the 40/20/40 seat set up in my RC. I have been thinking about jamming some new seats in, Viper, SRT4, or some racing seats. But I don't know how the center console will look like with different seats. How will they line up? Does anyone have any pictures? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything good enough to get a good look at.

You would probably be better off finding a bucket console, or mount a floor shifter instead. The "20" part of the seat console would look goofy, which is probably why you can't find pictures. If you're not into the floor shifter, you can buy a console from J.C. Whitney.

M_Nuckolls
09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
i've got the viper seats in mine. the 20 part you speak of will not fit with them, it's a bit taller, and too wide. remember, viper seats are more of a wrap around design, and sit a bit wider. I'm in the process of tracking down factory type design consoles, which, depending on year, are different and won't fit others. the cutoff was at 2001. earlier won't fit later and vice versa.

attactrl
09-07-2010, 04:13 AM
What year truck is yours? Mine's a 00". What does it look like without a console? What does the floor even look like under it, any mounts, holes in the carpet and what not.

M_Nuckolls
09-09-2010, 01:38 AM
mine is a 99. there aren't any gigantic holes, but most of the stock carpets were cut for mounting the console, as the bench seat covers those holes anyways. I'll see about getting some pics together. the center section is riveted, and bolted down to the side of each seat. when removing, I'd get help from a friend, as you'll prolly be removing the whole thing.

Intense RT
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Is is extremely hard to find a bench seat? I'd like to keep my stock seats/console in storage, but it would be nice to be able to carry another person once in a while with a bench installed.

Hugh Jassole
09-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Is is extremely hard to find a bench seat? I'd like to keep my stock seats/console in storage, but it would be nice to be able to carry another person once in a while with a bench installed.

all you need is the center piece to add to your current seats. I have one in gray, if you want it.

Intense RT
09-09-2010, 06:14 PM
all you need is the center piece to add to your current seats. I have one in gray, if you want it. I think I have the "agate" color? It's dark charcoal to me. Not sure. Anyway, wonder how hard it would be to match if not the same as mine.

Hugh Jassole
09-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I think I have the "agate" color? It's dark charcoal to me. Not sure. Anyway, wonder how hard it would be to match if not the same as mine.

yeah, that's it dark gray is what I have. I know for sure that I won't be using it either.

GoFastGray
09-10-2010, 12:41 AM
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9357

Not a great shot between the seats...but you get the idea

M_Nuckolls
09-10-2010, 01:47 AM
I've got the whole bench seat if you want it, out of a 1999. only missing the brackets, needed em to mount the viper seats. been trying to sell em for a while, name a price, and we can figure out shipping or if your close enough, we can meet up.

KTK00R/T
09-10-2010, 02:23 AM
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9357

Not a great shot between the seats...but you get the idea

same setup but with recaros mounted to the stock manual rails. not enough room for the "20" part.