PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, but not R/T's

volrath169
04-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Newbie from South Lyon,MI just saying hey.

In high school I had 2 2000 R/T's both Red and one was RC and the other CC. I bought the CC when it was new in 2000 and sold it to a friend, then in 2002 I bought the RC and ended up selling that to another friend.

I've always wanted to get back behind the wheel of one and with my new job I can do that. I'm planning on buying one with a blown motor or no motor, because it will be getting the street 408 long block from KRC Performance installed. 451hp and 505 ft lbs for a starting point and they are made ready for, turbo, supercharger, or nitrous. If you know where I can pick up an RT cheap let me know.

I could also go with 360 long block from KRC that has 430hp and save $2,200.
Thanks,
Brandon

bad360rt
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Brandon! There are some pretty good deals out there, you should be able to find an R/T pretty cheap. :biggthumpup:

Five9Dak
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the club.

Not to knock KRC, have you looked into other or local machine shops to build your combo? Analyze what you get from KRC and see what and where you can get the parts or similar ones. You could save some money, or end up with an even better combo or one more suited to your goals.

Lederip
04-02-2008, 09:58 PM

In high school I had 2 2000 R/T's both Red and one was RC and the other CC. I bought the CC when it was new in 2000 and sold it to a friend, then in 2002 I bought the RC and ended up selling that to another friend.

I've always wanted to get back behind the wheel of one and with my new job I can do that. I'm planning on buying one with a blown motor or no motor, because it will be getting the street 408 long block from KRC Performance installed. 451hp and 505 ft lbs for a starting point and they are made ready for, turbo, supercharger, or nitrous. If you know where I can pick up an RT cheap let me know.

Thanks,
Brandon

The Michigan group was very active for while. Things are a little slow right now.
There are plenty of shops in the Detroit/Lansing area that can build a 500hp blown R/T. I would recomend talking to Dave at Wood and Sons. He built my motor and also built Rick Adams motor.

Lederip
04-02-2008, 10:01 PM

Thanks,
Brandon

Rick Adams also has an extra R/T, He is in Pickney.

volrath169
04-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the advice for the other shops. I'm looking forward to the National meet this year. I most likely wont have mine done by then, but I'll still be there.