PDA

View Full Version : National Meet Caravan

Five9Dak
01-28-2008, 05:14 AM
I know it is early, but who would be down for caravaning to the meet?

I was looking at a map and it might be better to take 80 west out of pa instead of 76. This means travelling more central westward through PA. 80 is a nicer road, not tolled, is patrolled less, and traffic moves faster (at least the sections I've been on) It would also be more convient for our more northerly members. It's prolly a few miles longer than taking 76 from SE PA, NJ and N MD area, but it's something to consider.

Also, I have an apartment in state college PA and we could stop in downtown and/or wait for more northern people to join us. State college is about 3 hours NW of SE PA. It is roughly 6 hours west to the meet from there.

uwntsumrtII
01-28-2008, 05:18 AM
a good place to meet would be around the 80 75 interchange. becasue everyone is going to come up 75. :D

RTfreak
01-28-2008, 05:28 AM

I was looking at a map and it might be better to take 80 west out of pa instead of 76. This means travelling more central westward through PA. 80 is a nicer road, currently is not tolled, and is patrolled less (at least the sections I've been on) It would also be more convient for our more northerly members. It's prolly a few miles longer than taking 76 from SE PA, NJ and N MD area, but it's something to consider.

Also, I have an apartment in state college PA and we could stop in down and/or wait for more northern people to join us. State college is about 3 hours NW of SE PA. It is roughly 6 hours west to the meet from there.

toss up a map bro!

Five9Dak
01-28-2008, 05:35 AM
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&mo=ma&un=m&1rc=L1AAA&cl=EN&qq=8sZ2eXZGPCHttSjZxoXiHk2Rjp7%252fZAc4b5DqbJ8rTDZ Px904GMzSuo4neQJaBDDiumn6UTQP6oBcmDgdp1QIN5IEzrf%2 52fHRaLYUAX6x5%252bywU6j2Cu%252fJYaYWPYjSSLhQWlBwL OkOJxvmp0RH7s8QpOHO3AwN2ETSebucXj%252bpS5wC%252fpZ w50iYHROfdTcFntxa%252fP7yDa0OEN9LyYE8VgIHsFXRric%2 52b%252f3v77FPM%252bGTxnWqUEI7VjGE6MJUNG2ExLlD2mzQ 3YJqlLaHbBLuKT5UR5eiyYWPNI5pmRWa69pIOTagRTQbbFz9oe BqSbqrZbJnbqRSdRFsLxmmS0%252bly6eLMyTh3EhlAgq4LIbf h8%252fAZKilsMzTBCgykRQw4agadW9fa6ouZI1ynGRYR4%253 d&ct=NA&1si=navt&did=1201474467&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=415+W+College+Ave&1c=State+College&1s=PA&1z=16801-3848&panelbtn=1&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=VOoO96VRgVBTxNCxCp%252fnmQ%253d%253d&2g=nhdZIlI%252fgpItrpKuYG%252fufQ%253d%253d&2pl=&2v=ADDRESS&2n=&2pn=&2a=1500+N+Opdyke+Rd&2c=Auburn+Hills&2s=MI&2z=48326-2653 Zoom out to see where my place is in relation to your starting point.

State college would be a nice central meeting point for practically all of division one, according to the exec map on this website ( http://www.dakotart.com/execboard.htm ) mouse over div 1, and you can see that central PA would be a good funneling point, then we can drive the 6 hours west to MI.

I could drive to the apartment the night before, and everyone could meet here (regardless of how early), then we could all leave together after everyone is feed and stretched their feet etc. It's a small place, but cramped parties are what state college is all about. There are a few long term storage lots a few blocks away with free bus service every 8 mins to my place that the trucks could be stashed at for a few hours.

It's a small drinking town with a football problem, lots of resturants on in its main downtown area all walking distance from my place. Bit more cozy than a rest stop....

Five9Dak
01-28-2008, 05:55 AM
My roomate and I were just looking at beer prices, and we are considering throwing a DIV 1 PSU kegger the night before the drive out. Would that entice you all to meet up here?

RTfreak
01-28-2008, 06:47 AM
My roomate and I were just looking at beer prices, and we are considering throwing a DIV 1 PSU kegger the night before the drive out. Would that entice you all to meet up here?

maybe sir! im way passed buzzed now so show me a map from algonquin to you plac and we shall see

BTLFED R/T
01-28-2008, 06:51 AM
You doink! You'd have to drive WAY past Detroit to even get to them to caravan! LMAO

RTfreak
01-28-2008, 07:26 AM
You doink! You'd have to drive WAY past Detroit to even get to them to caravan! LMAO

like i said im way passe buzzed
:P

RTgrouchman
01-28-2008, 01:46 PM
If you guys go this route, I can meet up with ya here in Ohio!! I live 5 minutes from 80.......just have to figure what time you will be rolling through! When it gets closer, we'll have to exchange cell numbers!

Five9Dak
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
maybe sir! im way passed buzzed now so show me a map from algonquin to you plac and we shall see

Although I understand the enticement of free beer, I don't think even a PSU kegger is worth driving 6 hours past your destination to, only to turn around the next day and drive 6 more.

Five9Dak
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
If you guys go this route, I can meet up with ya here in Ohio!! I live 5 minutes from 80.......just have to figure what time you will be rolling through! When it gets closer, we'll have to exchange cell numbers!

Sounds good, if we get enough people together, we should be hard to miss :)

RTgrouchman
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Well, it's all about the timing, if there's too many to stop!! We have plenty of time to plan something though................

Supercharged408
01-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Hey guys, I still say that the best part of the first national meet was the fact that the ENTIRE set of caravans had to come up the same way, and the result was almost 2 hours of Dakota R/T's getting off of I-75 to park at the meet HQ.

It would be really great if the caravans all work together to meet somewhere at boarder of Michigan. If needed, we can have a few leaders from the Michigan clan meet somewhere and lead the caravan through our home town! We will probably talk about this at our first Michigan planning meeting this Saturday.

And to make the caravan even more fun, I think we should bring the crew up through WOODWARD AVENUE!!!

DrewzR/T
01-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Me and another guy who has a 01 Silver CC are planning to meet up with the convoy as well. Hopefully we can get a few more from down this way to join us.

NH_TAZ
01-31-2008, 04:46 AM
I am planning on attending the Nats but I don't know what route I am going to take yet. Last year when I drove to Detroit, it was quicker for me to cross NY and Canada dumping me out right in Detroit. As time gets closer, I will see which way will be the best way to travel. I have to consider this since I might, a big might, be bringing both R/Ts.

RTfreak
01-31-2008, 04:57 AM
Hey guys, I still say that the best part of the first national meet was the fact that the ENTIRE set of caravans had to come up the same way, and the result was almost 2 hours of Dakota R/T's getting off of I-75 to park at the meet HQ.

It would be really great if the caravans all work together to meet somewhere at boarder of Michigan. If needed, we can have a few leaders from the Michigan clan meet somewhere and lead the caravan through our home town! We will probably talk about this at our first Michigan planning meeting this Saturday.

And to make the caravan even more fun, I think we should bring the crew up through WOODWARD AVENUE!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!:rockwoot:

RTfreak
01-31-2008, 05:00 AM
I am planning on attending the Nats but I don't know what route I am going to take yet. Last year when I drove to Detroit, it was quicker for me to cross NY and Canada dumping me out right in Detroit. As time gets closer, I will see which way will be the best way to travel. I have to consider this since I might, a big might, be bringing both R/Ts.

:hail: ....

RTgrouchman
01-31-2008, 05:05 AM
.....and the result was almost 2 hours of Dakota R/T's getting off of I-75 to park at the meet HQ.

That would of been pretty cool to see!!! :rockwoot:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 05:48 AM

Bout time you got in here!!! What's up foolio! :finger::jester:

NH_TAZ
01-31-2008, 05:50 AM
Nothing, u?

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Just whorin' u know how it is! LOL

RTfreak
01-31-2008, 06:00 AM

hell yeah

NH_TAZ
01-31-2008, 06:02 AM

I sure do. It will take a bit for me to start whoring in here cause I have to get used to this setup. Trying to figure out my sig pic right now but not having much luck. Gonna have to get Rob to send the pic to me that I was using on Delphi.

NH_TAZ
01-31-2008, 06:03 AM
:hail: ....

You know it! ;)

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 06:15 AM
It's not bad, I'm getting used to it. Clicking on New Posts at the top allows for quick navigation, and keeps you from having to read through everything again.

NH_TAZ
01-31-2008, 06:47 AM
It's not bad, I'm getting used to it. Clicking on New Posts at the top allows for quick navigation, and keeps you from having to read through everything again.

Thanks for that heads up! I wouldn't have known that but then again I need to get caught up before I can do that.

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 07:04 AM
Whore it up, buddy! Cuz I ain't about to slow down! :jester:

uwntsumrtII
01-31-2008, 07:53 AM

hey chris, welcome to the new site.

you can still hook up with all the Canadians if you went that way.

are you gonna come the the AutoRama this year?

uwntsumrtII
01-31-2008, 07:58 AM
I sure do. It will take a bit for me to start whoring in here cause I have to get used to this setup. Trying to figure out my sig pic right now but not having much luck. Gonna have to get Rob to send the pic to me that I was using on Delphi.

use this one. it's my fav. :rockwoot:

NH_TAZ
02-01-2008, 12:00 AM
hey chris, welcome to the new site.

you can still hook up with all the Canadians if you went that way.

are you gonna come the the AutoRama this year?

Hey Rob,

I will be coming out for the Autorama, just not bringing my car. I will be flying out with a few friends. I was going to call you this weekend to chat with you a bit about it.

NH_TAZ
02-01-2008, 12:01 AM

That pic works! Thanks Rob!

bad360rt
02-04-2008, 11:54 AM
I'll be coming up 77 to 80, might be able to catch you guys on 80, hard to coordinate from that distance tho. It's about 400 miles for me till I hit 80.

Rooknute
02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
If anyone if coming from PA or Jersey let me know and we can meet up. I would like to meet up with a couple friends in VA also, but I'm not sure which way they are coming up. I'll be taking the PA turnpike almost the whole way till I hit the Ohio Turnpike.. lol Lots of tolls!

mtlcafan79
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I'll be coming up from the DC area. Will probably meet some people in PA somewhere.

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I'll be coming up from the DC area. Will probably meet some people in PA somewhere.

Want me to add you to the "will be there" list?

mtlcafan79
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Might as well. I need to talk to the guys that I drove out with last year to see who else wants to come along.

rlg
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I suppose I could work on getting that time off from work.

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Might as well. I need to talk to the guys that I drove out with last year to see who else wants to come along.

Well, Bryan said he'd be there already. And I gotta believe Mike will. Where is that fool anyway?

mtlcafan79
02-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I dunno. He doesn't spend much time online from what I can tell. I need to check on the yahoo group and see if Jack is gonna come out. See if Don Juan and anyone else that makes it to Spring Cecil will commit.

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I suppose I could work on getting that time off from work.

You better! You have a 2 year reign on (thunder storm just scared shit out of meLOL) the Fastest Non-R/T to defend! :goodluck:

WeezyRT
02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Hopefully my truck will be up and running by then.... :goodluck:

If so, Id really like to go...it'd be my first one, but Im sure not my last! :woot:

rlg
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
You better! You have a 2 year reign on (thunder storm just scared shit out of meLOL) the Fastest Non-R/T to defend! :goodluck:

I know and I'd like to keep it too. We'll see...from my experience, trailering the Durango with my new Cummins sucks a big one (like 8 mpg sucks), but hopefully that should improve when I get my tax return.

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Hopefully my truck will be up and running by then.... :goodluck:

If so, Id really like to go...it'd be my first one, but Im sure not my last! :woot:

Yep! Once you pop the fun don't stop! :jester:

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I know and I'd like to keep it too. We'll see...from my experience, trailering the Durango with my new Cummins sucks a big one (like 8 mpg sucks), but hopefully that should improve when I get my tax return.

WOW I can't believe that it only gets that! :gayflag:

rlg
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
WOW I can't believe that it only gets that! :gayflag:

The new 6.7s have so much emissions crap it's not even funny. They are equipped with this lovely diesel particulate filter (DPF) that when it fills up puts the truck into regen and makes the EGTs shoot up which makes the mileage suffer. I'm looking at the H&S 5" turbo back exhaust which has a DPF delete and also going with the Edge programmer which you have to do for this exhaust to not throw codes. Shit, the pig fucker gets 13 mpg daily driven with no load, add 7000 lbs to that and it goes down quick.

scatpackdal
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
The new 6.7s have so much emissions crap it's not even funny. They are equipped with this lovely diesel particulate filter (DPF) that when it fills up puts the truck into regen and makes the EGTs shoot up which makes the mileage suffer. I'm looking at the H&S 5" turbo back exhaust which has a DPF delete and also going with the Edge programmer which you have to do for this exhaust to not throw codes. Shit, the pig fucker gets 13 mpg daily driven with no load, add 7000 lbs to that and it goes down quick.

you have no hope for fastest non-R/T...
see sig. and it'll be on the bottle. i ain't no bitch, but i'll come and get some.

rlg
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
you have no hope for fastest non-R/T...
see sig. and it'll be on the bottle. i ain't no bitch, but i'll come and get some.

Will you be driving, or your dad? :jester:

scatpackdal
02-05-2008, 05:17 PM

haha. actually i'm kidding anyway. there's a small chance that one of our other cars might come to nats. the mopar nationals (columbus, OH) are the weekend before dak nats so one of them might be in the area. it's funny you mention that though. it might be paid for by him but i've seriously driven it 4-5x more than he has since i had it all summer. there's no shame here, getting to play with toys paid for by my parents is the only way i roll. it breaks and daddy fixes it, it's great! i'm such a brat.

rlg
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Well hopefully the Durango will be a little different by then anyway...it would nice to actually have some competition one of these days.

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 06:34 PM

:ownd::jester:

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Well hopefully the Durango will be a little different by then anyway...it would nice to actually have some competition one of these days.

I'll have the BOX!!!:woot:

scatpackdal
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I'll have the BOX!!!:woot:

you're going to drive your wife? does she know this?

and hey, least i have toys :o)

BTLFED R/T
02-06-2008, 04:58 AM
Well, my idea of a toy isn't something you gotta blow up. :wavefinger: :jester:

NH_TAZ
02-21-2008, 12:34 PM

See if this sig pic works....

NH_TAZ
02-21-2008, 12:43 PM
PERFECT! Thanks Rob!

mtlcafan79
02-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Putting this back on topic... Does anyone want to meet in Harrisburg on Tuesday, August 12 somewhere around 8am-10am maybe? It's 8 hours from Harrisburg to Auburn Hills. 8am would put us in Detroit around 4, hopefully on the better end of evening traffic.

Rooknute
02-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Putting this back on topic... Does anyone want to meet in Harrisburg on Tuesday, August 12 somewhere around 8am-10am maybe? It's 8 hours from Harrisburg to Auburn Hills. 8am would put us in Detroit around 4, hopefully on the better end of evening traffic.

Might work for us bro. I'm about 10 mins from Harrisburg, depending on where you're coming from, you might go right past Mechanicsburg.

mtlcafan79
02-23-2008, 02:09 PM
I'll be coming up 83 from b'more.

razman131
02-23-2008, 04:39 PM
we will prolly meet up with those comin thru Iowa someplace.... we are gonna be in Des Monies the prior week.....

BTLFED R/T
02-23-2008, 04:53 PM
we will prolly meet up with those comin thru Iowa someplace.... we are gonna be in Des Monies the prior week.....

You should see what the Chicago guys are doing for a caravan.

mtlcafan79
02-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Something tells me the Div1 guys aren't going to want to meet him Iowa. lol...

BTLFED R/T
02-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Something tells me the Div1 guys aren't going to want to meet him Iowa. lol...

It's all about the caravan! :rockwoot:

mtlcafan79
02-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I was talking to Jack Williams yesterday and he wants to leave on Monday and hit up the sites/museums on Tuesday. Anyone that wants to leave early with us can meet us in Harrisburg on Monday around 8am. We will decide on a meeting place as the time gets closer. We will be coming back on Sunday.

bad360rt
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Rob and the guys are also trying to setup some stuff for early arrivals on Tuesday, so that's not a bad idea. I don't know if I'd be able to hook up with you guys on the road, but I might head up on Monday too.

Rooknute
02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Girl can't get off work Monday, so I'll have to meet up with you guys on Tuesday.

BryanRT360
02-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I was talking to Jack Williams yesterday and he wants to leave on Monday and hit up the sites/museums on Tuesday. Anyone that wants to leave early with us can meet us in Harrisburg on Monday around 8am. We will decide on a meeting place as the time gets closer. We will be coming back on Sunday.

I'll probably roll with you guys again. although I want to cut Hotel days down to a minimum.

jw02rcrt
03-23-2008, 08:51 AM

I was looking at a map and it might be better to take 80 west out of pa instead of 76. This means travelling more central westward through PA. 80 is a nicer road, not tolled, is patrolled less, and traffic moves faster (at least the sections I've been on) It would also be more convient for our more northerly members. It's prolly a few miles longer than taking 76 from SE PA, NJ and N MD area, but it's something to consider.

Also, I have an apartment in state college PA and we could stop in downtown and/or wait for more northern people to join us. State college is about 3 hours NW of SE PA. It is roughly 6 hours west to the meet from there.
Hey Chris, I'll be coming out via 80 on Monday the 11th. I want to take in some of the Museums before the meet starts. I believe Sean will be driving up as well. Maybe Mike Thomas??

mtlcafan79
03-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Just to let people know, I saw Dave post on another board that we are going to vist the Viper plant on Tuesday. :rockwoot: