PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Run Atco?

RTchas
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Starting this thread for Anyone out there going to the track lookin for other R/T's to meet up with. So if you plan on being @ Atco one nite or even T&T sat/sun post it up so we can meet up in the pits shoot shit and help one another out .:biggthumpup: I will be tryin to hit them up this week if the weather is DRY! Any one else going?

Hugh Jassole
04-01-2008, 02:43 PM
my shit's still all jacked in the driveway :jerkit:

RTchas
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
my shit's still all jacked in the driveway :jerkit:

Funny my truck is in the garage on stands too! But come on the temps are going up and April is here so lets get the covers off jack stands out from under the beast and do some racin!:burnout:

bad360rt
04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I miss Atco :(

SniperRT01
04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I think im going to head down to Atco next friday. Hopefully i can get my M&H's by then

BryanRT360
04-01-2008, 04:39 PM
I think im going to head down to Atco next friday. Hopefully i can get my M&H's by then

it too 3 days after i ordered to get mine. I need to get another set now:burnout:

RTchas
04-01-2008, 10:11 PM

If you got them from M&H direct they are very fast ! Maybe you could do this fri ? :D

SniperRT01
04-02-2008, 02:20 AM
Im tring to get the M&H's from someone here. This friday is suposed to rain, so im thinking next friday. You guys think changing my rims and tires will make me a lil quicker? I have 18's on my truck all the way around, I was thinking about putting my stock R/T wheels in the front and running the 16 inch rims with the M&H's on the rear.

bad360rt
04-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Im tring to get the M&H's from someone here. This friday is suposed to rain, so im thinking next friday. You guys think changing my rims and tires will make me a lil quicker? I have 18's on my truck all the way around, I was thinking about putting my stock R/T wheels in the front and running the 16 inch rims with the M&H's on the rear.

Depends on how much your 18's weigh. Stock wheels are pretty heavy, about 63lbs with the tire.

SniperRT01
04-02-2008, 02:26 AM
18's def heavier. I guess ill have to wait and see what happens. The 18's made the truck a lil slower

bad360rt
04-02-2008, 02:34 AM
18's def heavier. I guess ill have to wait and see what happens. The 18's made the truck a lil slower

Yeah, then I'd throw the stockers back on, lesser of two evils LOL

SniperRT01
04-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Its an all stock truck in the engine compartment so far so im not looking to impress anyone. What should be the first engine mods i should do?

mtlcafan79
04-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Open your wallet. LOL...

SniperRT01
04-02-2008, 02:41 AM
lol:jester: Any thing else

slvr03dakrt
04-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Haha "open your wallet" thats a good one i've opened mine to much lately good thing i had some saved up.

AtcoRT01
04-02-2008, 03:05 AM
If it don't rain, i'm probably going there on friday with my buddy.

AtcoRT01
04-02-2008, 03:14 AM
After thousands of dollars have left my wallet, its still open :woot:

RTchas
04-02-2008, 02:12 PM
lol:jester: Any thing else

SELL EVERYTHING YOU OWN:rtfm: Then go to Dragtruk look at what has worked for others, Ask yourself how crazy you are willing to go? Do you drive it everyday or have a beater? Can you do the work yourself (most bolt ons yes) See what you can afford with gas$$ so high the Cecil meet in a month and Nats soon after that dont forget Carlisle. And come on here and ask alota ???? :woot:

RTchas
04-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Friday sounds good but they are still calling for RAIN !!!!!!:jerkit:

RTchas
04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Haha "open your wallet" thats a good one i've opened mine to much lately good thing i had some saved up.

Yeah but its never enuff!!

RTchas
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM

I just called the track is closed for NHRA event til next Tues :bs:No Street car t&t til then!!!!!!!!!!!!! O well theres always CECIL????????? ANYONE DOWN ????

SniperRT01
04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
When do you want to go to Cecil? I dont think ill run but ill go down. The next day i should be getting my M&H's. Anyway, i dont drive my truck all the time, i only put about 2300 miles on it last year. :drive: I was thinking of starting with the M-1, 52mm throttle body, 1.7 roller rockers kit, 180 degree thrmostat, MSD 6AL and coil, and get the PCM flashed. What do you think?

RTchas
04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
When do you want to go to Cecil? I dont think ill run but ill go down. The next day i should be getting my M&H's. Anyway, i dont drive my truck all the time, i only put about 2300 miles on it last year. :drive: I was thinking of starting with the M-1, 52mm throttle body, 1.7 roller rockers kit, 180 degree thrmostat, MSD 6AL and coil, and get the PCM flashed. What do you think?

Cecil maybe this weekend? I think you are on the right path with that list but headers and a hi flow exhaust would be good too. I went 13s on stk pipes with Mopar (Mike Leech) headers and Stk intake.( i also ran 14.66 stk)Every Truck is different so its really a crap shoot whats going to work best the MSD is good but I dont run one (I do need it for Nos) good set of wires colder plugs and maybe coil instead. What bout CAI u have one? I ran K&N for yrs only changed it cause I won a fiberglas ram air hood at the Nats(Thanx DakotaR/T Club!) Like I said ask ? look at others set ups and check your budget and do what fits for you Good Luck and get so base runs on that thing too!

SniperRT01
04-03-2008, 02:05 AM
I do have some base runs. All stock before ANYTHING, I ran a 15.0 at 90mph. Forget what the 60ft was. Then i decided to run one night with the body kit and 18's and ran a 15.4 at 88. I have a K&N aircleaner and a Flowmaster cat back. I had the stock hood on both times so the truck wasnt getting any fresh air but now i have a Reflexxion steel cowl hood thats open underneith. On may 10 at Cecil im running my stock 17's up front and 16 inch dakota wheels with M&H's out back. so... well see

RTchas
04-03-2008, 04:33 AM
I do have some base runs. All stock before ANYTHING, I ran a 15.0 at 90mph. Forget what the 60ft was. Then i decided to run one night with the body kit and 18's and ran a 15.4 at 88. I have a K&N aircleaner and a Flowmaster cat back. I had the stock hood on both times so the truck wasnt getting any fresh air but now i have a Reflexxion steel cowl hood thats open underneith. On may 10 at Cecil im running my stock 17's up front and 16 inch dakota wheels with M&H's out back. so... well see

Stock 15.0 isnt bad 60ft is the trick all stk .Body kit is going to hurt u cause of the weight it adds ever 100 pds is .10 of a sec in drag racing so 15.4 sounds right when you add wheels and the kit. Do you run any type of air box for the cowl hood to keep engine heat away from the air filter ?Also have you relocated the IAT sensor to new filter/airbox?Come May 10 you might want to drop some weight ie. Tailgate,bed cover,bedrug,swaybar,sparetire,floormats it all helps! You need a diet with that kit you added!:drive:

SniperRT01
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Well i went for looks with this project, I go to local shows and stuff. But now i want a lil more speed. I was thinking lastnight when watching passtime and all them shows that i should just put a real cold air kit cause the filter doesnt have anything blocking the engine heat. Unless someone makes a box for that combo. I never relocated the senser ( dont know where it is). Still learning here. Sometimes the truck doesnt like a first to second shift, I have to let off a lil for it to shift, it likes to bounce off the rev limiter. Like i said its not all the time

RTchas
04-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Well i went for looks with this project, I go to local shows and stuff. But now i want a lil more speed. I was thinking lastnight when watching passtime and all them shows that i should just put a real cold air kit cause the filter doesnt have anything blocking the engine heat. Unless someone makes a box for that combo. I never relocated the senser ( dont know where it is). Still learning here. Sometimes the truck doesnt like a first to second shift, I have to let off a lil for it to shift, it likes to bounce off the rev limiter. Like i said its not all the time

I hear ya I show mine too, I run heavy chrome R/T wheels cause they look nice but they are heavy! I want skinnes.A good CAI will help you, you could make or buy a set up for your round filter I run one from Keystone it was $130 and no paint had to have it sprayed. IAT sensor you can figure that out later when you see other trucks and what it entales.As for that shift thing could be TV cable adjustment could be trans going byby hard to say without seeing feeling and driving it.Thats another one to get at when you meet up with everyone else to see whats gota be done.

SniperRT01
04-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Driving normal the truck shifts nice, its just when i deside to have a lil fun. Doesnt happen all the time though. I should be down may 10th, ill check everyones truck out. I tring to go to Atco next friday.

RTchas
04-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Driving normal the truck shifts nice, its just when i deside to have a lil fun. Doesnt happen all the time though. I should be down may 10th, ill check everyones truck out. I tring to go to Atco next friday.

I am lookin to run Cecil maybe Sunday(4-6-08) as of today it is sunny weather and I think Im going to give it a shot .:drive:

RTchas
04-04-2008, 08:07 PM

relocate your IAT Sensor

The IAT Sensor is located on the #2 Intake Runner (3.9/5.2/5.9L) or under the Throttle Body, in the manifold (4.7L) - Big Brass looking sensor with two wires (Grayish connector)

Remove the IAT sensor from the manifold and plug the hole with a 1/4" NPT Pipe Plug (Home Depot)

Drill a 1/2" hole in the intake tube and thread the IAT sensor into the hole (use some silicone if you want...not required though) - You may have to extend the wires about 6-12" in some cases (use 16ga. wire)

SniperRT01
04-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Well I desided to run at Atco tonight, wanted to go tomarrow but the forcast still calls for rain. So yesterday i changed my plugs from those Platinum plugs to regular Champion from the dealership. Then removed the chrome 18's and installed my stockers up front and my 275/55-16 M&H's i just godt Sunday on the rear. With the 18's I ran 15.3 or 15.4 one of them, tonight i ran a best of 14.9 ( I know its still a lil slow but the truck is all stock) 90mph with a 2.0 60foot time. I think im going to buy a cold air kit cause im just sucking hot air with the K&N air cleaner with out a sheild. Then moving the IAT sensor out of the manifold. Let me know what you guys think.

SniperRT01
04-12-2008, 02:17 PM
I went to Atco again FRiday night. Thursday nught i ran a 14.9 at 90 with a 2.0 60 foot. Lastnight i ran a 14.8 at 91.55 with a 2.0 60 foot. I was just wondering what the best cold air kit would be for me?

bad360rt
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Good runs! The K&N FIPK is generally considered the best cai for our trucks.

slvr03dakrt
04-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I put a K&n kit on mine this year and all that i can say is that it is a complete kit with every little nut, bolt,and gasket. Yea you may pay 50 dollars more but the build quality is awsome. I purchased mine off ebay from a k&n retail distributor. I think i gave around $215 brand new.

RTchas
06-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Going tonite to see what the wife's DD will run stk before I start the Mod madness ! Muaha Mawwwha ha ha ha !:mods: Anyone going I will be in the Black SRT-8 charger if you want to hang out. See ya there!

RTchas
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Weather is clear I m done work going to head over early to be there when gates open!:biggthumpup::burnout:

RTchas
06-18-2008, 04:23 AM
Well made it to track @opening first in line ran 13.14 @107 then a 13.35 @108 then 13.04@ 108 and final run of the nite went 13.00 @ 108 WTF I wanted a 12.99!!!!!!!!!! O well the first time for me running this beast and it was alota fun and a learning experience to say the least! I have a K&N CAI setting here waiting to go on should put a 12 on the board with that! Gotta lota respect for these runs in stock trim from other racers I spanked a 99 Vette on my last 2 runs he got me on the 13.30 run and I blasted him on the next 2 he said he should be in 12s with all the mods he had done? Well a 4800lbs four door boat showed him where he" should be " in my rear view!!:nana:

mtlcafan79
06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
That's definitely 12 second MPH. What kind of 60's are you getting?

RTchas
06-18-2008, 05:53 PM
I cut 60's of 2.14, 2.06, 2.03 and 2.00( best run) I think a 1.9 or 1.8 is there I just didnt have enuff chances to play around with the launch I wanted to get baseline runs and not have the tires go up in smoke:burnout:I stood on converter a little and then rolled in to it still got a little spin.I have F-1 run flats set psi at 24 and was told not to go much lower.For burn out I "dusted" off the tires and it was pretty good track conditions didnt hear anyone else complain about traction.But yeah mph for 12s is right there even the 13.14 @ 107.80 should have been 12sec pass:drive:I wanted it so bad! Next time!! I smoked a new 400hp GTO on first run and the Vette so it was still a lota fun!:woot:

BryanRT360
06-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Well made it to track @opening first in line ran 13.14 @107 then a 13.35 @108 then 13.04@ 108 and final run of the nite went 13.00 @ 108 WTF I wanted a 12.99!!!!!!!!!! O well the first time for me running this beast and it was alota fun and a learning experience to say the least! I have a K&N CAI setting here waiting to go on should put a 12 on the board with that! Gotta lota respect for these runs in stock trim from other racers I spanked a 99 Vette on my last 2 runs he got me on the 13.30 run and I blasted him on the next 2 he said he should be in 12s with all the mods he had done? Well a 4800lbs four door boat showed him where he" should be " in my rear view!!:nana:

Awesome times man:rockwoot:

RTchas
06-19-2008, 02:03 AM
I wish I could bring them both Sat!