PDA

View Full Version : DRTC Charter Member Icon

DRTC Admin
01-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Dakota R/T Club members who signed up before May 1st 2000 (members 1-113) are considered "Charter Members". As a reflection of this status, a DRTC Charter Member icon has been created to highlight these club pioneers. If you are a qualifying Charter Member, please send me a PM so the icon can be associated with your forum user.

oldphart
01-28-2008, 03:46 PM
My card says Charter Member since May 2000 but I'm number 139 ?? Am I a charter member??

SinCity R/T
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM
My card says Charter Member since May 2000 but I'm number 139 ?? Am I a charter member??

According to the DRTC's Membership spreadsheet, all of the members who are flagged as Founding/Charger joined prior to 5/1/00, you joined 5/25/00. Hopefully someone who was an exec when the "Charter Member" designation was developed can give some more details.

KicknAsphlt
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
What about Danno? He sign up here yet?

pplhz03rt
01-30-2008, 07:24 PM
How about 5, 10, 15 year icons etc. for those of us that don't qualify as charter members.

Danno
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
According to the DRTC's Membership spreadsheet, all of the members who are flagged as Founding/Charger joined prior to 5/1/00, you joined 5/25/00. Hopefully someone who was an exec when the "Charter Member" designation was developed can give some more details.

I was member #149 and I wasnt considered a Charter. I had just missed it by a few weeks IIRC. Alan would probably know better than I ...

Danno

Danno
01-30-2008, 08:09 PM
What about Danno? He sign up here yet?

Nope,

Danno hasnt signed up yet :) :jester:

SinCity R/T
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
How about 5, 10, 15 year icons etc. for those of us that don't qualify as charter members.

At the moment the club has only been around for just shy of 8 years.

I personally do not think that people (except founding/charter members) should be recognized purely based on their signup date. My reasoning for this is that there is a number of people who have let their membership lapse for long periods of time, only renewing when they planned on attending a national meet so they could get the discount. The DRTC has been cool about letting lapsed members simply renew when they want without charging or penalizing those members for dead zones - I do not think there is any records that would accurately show who has stayed active at all times since signup.

That's just my opinion - lots of other people may disagree. I'm also not trying to start any controversy over anyone who lapsed.

pplhz03rt
01-31-2008, 01:28 AM
At the moment the club has only been around for just shy of 8 years.

I personally do not think that people (except founding/charter members) should be recognized purely based on their signup date. My reasoning for this is that there is a number of people who have let their membership lapse for long periods of time, only renewing when they planned on attending a national meet so they could get the discount. The DRTC has been cool about letting lapsed members simply renew when they want without charging or penalizing those members for dead zones - I do not think there is any records that would accurately show who has stayed active at all times since signup.

That's just my opinion - lots of other people may disagree. I'm also not trying to start any controversy over anyone who lapsed.

Makes sense to me. Seems like I posted before to 'keep it simple stupid' and that would apply here.

KicknAsphlt
01-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Nope,

Danno hasnt signed up yet :) :jester:

Smartass.... :finger:

Danno
01-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Smartass.... :finger:

You rang?

Danno