PDA

View Full Version : got new door speakers

Really-TerrificRT
08-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Alpine type S's and they sound amazing with a sony x-plod headunit.
i recommend these speakers to anyone looking around.
i installed them and after playing with them the driver side factory "infiniti" tweet blew, just disconnected the wire

wyotech_cuda440
08-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Type S's are good, Type R's are better. Your Infinity tweets blew because they are factory 2-ohm speakers, and your head unit is a 4-ohm driver. You also need to get some 4-ohm rear speakers, because the stockers won't last long there either.

Really-TerrificRT
08-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Type S's are good, Type R's are better. Your Infinity tweets blew because they are factory 2-ohm speakers, and your head unit is a 4-ohm driver. You also need to get some 4-ohm rear speakers, because the stockers won't last long there either.

all four were replaced and sounding great
and definately explains why the tweet took a shit
im getting nice bass off of the type S' they sounds good for my variety of music.
type R's definately would sound better but theyre more $ too:bling:

wyotech_cuda440
08-08-2010, 04:43 AM
type R's definately would sound better but theyre more $ too:bling:

I hear you there, as I said Type S's are good speakers anyway. If you replaced the rears, you're good to go once you find a couple of new tweets- they're normally pretty cheap. Or you can just cut the wires and run without, the alpines have a pretty good tweeter built in.

Really-TerrificRT
08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I hear you there, as I said Type S's are good speakers anyway. If you replaced the rears, you're good to go once you find a couple of new tweets- they're normally pretty cheap. Or you can just cut the wires and run without, the alpines have a pretty good tweeter built in.

true, yea if you pop the door panel off there is a plug for the tweeter so you dont have to cut anything you can just un plug them which is great