PDA

View Full Version : Division 1 need a new Rep...Nominate now

SB440R/T
07-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Unfortunately I must step down because of my Military obligations, seeing how I am set to deploy in the next few weeks or so I won't have time to dedicate to club like I have the next few months. Rest assured when i come back I will be out for someones position in whatever region I end up in.

With that being said, I would like to Nominate

Robby Diesel
And Don (Special Ed's....)

The floor is now open.

Hugh Jassole
07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks Dave :biggthumpup:

SB440R/T
07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks Dave :biggthumpup:

I take it you accept?

Hugh Jassole
07-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I take it you accept?

um, doesn't there need to be a vote or something ? either way, I'm good with whatever everybody decides.

jw02rcrt
07-30-2010, 02:45 PM
To all who are considering the position (having held it myself during the Houston Meet)....... For our club to continually rise to the levels it once was requires hard work in your spare time. We all now how much spare time is worth these days.

Dave did an extraordinary amount of work this year to get us all those great prizes in his spare time!!! Thanks again Dave!!!

Please do not accept this position if you are not willing to put in the time. It might not be a lot now, but come time for next years Nats......You'll have some work to do.

It's not a popularity contest or who has the fastest R/T in the land (we've been down that road before).

Good luck to all and Thank You for stepping up to the plate. Lets work and bring this club back to where it should be!!!

:goodluck:

jw02rcrt
07-30-2010, 02:48 PM
um, doesn't there need to be a vote or something ? either way, I'm good with whatever everybody decides.

Yes sir, there must be a vote!

mtlcafan79
07-30-2010, 03:00 PM
You have to accept the nomination first and then we will vote. Gotta be all official for the bylaws.

SB440R/T
07-30-2010, 03:04 PM

I mean accept a nomination to be put in for the running, haha.

BryanRT360
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
To all who are considering the position (having held it myself during the Houston Meet)....... For our club to continually rise to the levels it once was requires hard work in your spare time. We all now how much spare time is worth these days.

Dave did an extraordinary amount of work this year to get us all those great prizes in his spare time!!! Thanks again Dave!!!

Please do not accept this position if you are not willing to put in the time. It might not be a lot now, but come time for next years Nats......You'll have some work to do.

It's not a popularity contest or who has the fastest R/T in the land (we've been down that road before).

Good luck to all and Thank You for stepping up to the plate. Lets work and bring this club back to where it should be!!!

also we need you to be available thursday nights 9pm est. once a month or so.. we have too many exec's that dont make the meetings

Hugh Jassole
07-30-2010, 04:12 PM
You have to accept the nomination first and then we will vote. Gotta be all official for the bylaws.

consider me accepting

RobbyD
07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
I accept

Hugh Jassole
07-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I accept

Ok, let's move this into the Thunderdome then.
"2 men enter, 1 man leaves !" :jester:

White Turbo
07-30-2010, 05:48 PM
All nominees must be current members and must maintain their membership during their term.

The rep's term will last 2 years from the date of election.

RobbyD
07-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Ok, let's move this into the Thunderdome then.
"2 men enter, 1 man leaves !" :jester:

I'm younger, so I can move quicker!

Hugh Jassole
07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm younger, so I can move quicker!

yeah, but if I catch you.....lights out :jester:

BryanRT360
07-30-2010, 08:49 PM
don, cant you bench like 5or6 robby d's:jester:

1EVILR/T
07-31-2010, 03:09 AM

I think 5 or 6 is low, more like 9 or 10! Good luck to both of you!

mtlcafan79
07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Since both parties accepted I have added a poll to the thread. Poll closes next Sunday. Vote early and often!

RTchas
07-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Good luck to you both I see this is going to be a close race! Don dont forget to vote for yourself Buddy:finger:

Hugh Jassole
08-02-2010, 06:48 PM

at least, he'd be good for wrist curls or something like that though :jester:

White Turbo
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Just an FYI.....

Only votes from div. 1 folks count for the rep. election.

You guys that are not in div. 1 that voted.... Your vote does not count.

BryanRT360
08-04-2010, 12:51 AM
bump... couple days left..:goodluck:

BryanRT360
08-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Just an FYI.....

Only votes from div. 1 folks count for the rep. election.

You guys that are not in div. 1 that voted.... Your vote does not count.

non div 1 exec's included??

if thats the case than its 8-5 robby

White Turbo
08-04-2010, 02:50 AM
non div 1 exec's included??

if thats the case than its 8-5 robby

There is a gray area here...

I'll post on the exec board.

EDIT: After reviewing the voting,, we have a non div 1 person voting. We have non DRTC members voting. We have 2 current execs outside of div 1 voting. And,, 1 of those is not a current DRTC member.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM......

White Turbo
08-05-2010, 03:43 AM
The by-law concerning voting was vague and needed further interpretation.

The execs and reps have clarified the voting rules.

I would like to pass this on to the membership, so everyone is on the same page. I will also post this on the announcements forum later on.

1. First off,, if you are not a current DRTC member in good standing, you shouldn't be voting. Voting in elections is a "member only" privledge. Your vote will not count.

2. If you are a current regular DRTC member in good standing, you may vote in elections ONLY in your division. This voting is for Div. 1 rep..... If you are not in Div. 1,, please do not vote. Your vote will not count.

3. It has been decided that the "executive board" (execs and reps) may vote outside their respective divisions. They can vote for a nominee in any division.

Having said that.... There was 1 exec that had an expired membership and voted. He has since renewed his membership and his vote will now count.

We had 3 non-members voting ... Those votes are void.

To be fair,, I'm not going to disclose who they are, or who they voted for.
And I will abstain from voting myself, in the interest of fairness.

Both Robby and Don are great candidates IMHO.

Current Div.1 DRTC members are encouraged to vote for their favorite candidate before Sunday.

RTchas
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Thank You Ed for clearing things up! :biggthumpup:

ddrango
08-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Oh hell...Don for sure!

BryanRT360
08-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Oh hell...Don for sure!

:biggthumpup:

Hugh Jassole
08-05-2010, 03:48 PM
woohoo, I have at least 2 votes. thanks guys

bfranzel
08-08-2010, 01:33 AM
The by-law concerning voting was vague and needed further interpretation.

The execs and reps have clarified the voting rules.

I would like to pass this on to the membership, so everyone is on the same page. I will also post this on the announcements forum later on.

1. First off,, if you are not a current DRTC member in good standing, you shouldn't be voting. Voting in elections is a "member only" privledge. Your vote will not count.

2. If you are a current regular DRTC member in good standing, you may vote in elections ONLY in your division. This voting is for Div. 1 rep..... If you are not in Div. 1,, please do not vote. Your vote will not count.

3. It has been decided that the "executive board" (execs and reps) may vote outside their respective divisions. They can vote for a nominee in any division.

Having said that.... There was 1 exec that had an expired membership and voted. He has since renewed his membership and his vote will now count.

We had 3 non-members voting ... Those votes are void.

To be fair,, I'm not going to disclose who they are, or who they voted for.
And I will abstain from voting myself, in the interest of fairness.

Both Robby and Don are great candidates IMHO.

Current Div.1 DRTC members are encouraged to vote for their favorite candidate before Sunday.

so whos winning?:D

mtlcafan79
08-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Well this came down to a coin flip. The voting after discarding hanging chads was tied.

Everyone welcome Don Merrick as your new NE R/T rep!

RobbyD
08-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Congrats Don!

White Turbo
08-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Well this came down to a coin flip. The voting after discarding hanging chads was tied.

Congrats Don !

I'll get you set up with exec board now. Once you have access to the exec forum you will need to go here and provide some info.
http://dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11

Don't forget to sign up on AIM if you aren't already. We usually have our meeting there. Please be sure to list your AIM screename in the above info thread.

Then go here and provide your e-mail address in the replies.
http://dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140

I'll contact Todd and have him change the website to add Don.

1EVILR/T
08-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Congrats Don

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 01:23 PM

No Shit Really !?! First I'd like to thank all that voted for me, and say FU to those that didn't :jester:. Now I'd like to hear from all of the lobbyists and special interest groups. I CAN be bought :biggthumpup::jester: I'm just another scummy politician, after all. :nana::jester:

Seriously, thanks guys. Someone PM me and let me know what you need me to get crackin' on.

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Congrats Don!

Thanks Robby. If you still want to be involved, I'll be glad to work with you.

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Congrats Don !

I'll get you set up with exec board now. Once you have access to the exec forum you will need to go here and provide some info.

Don't forget to sign up on AIM if you aren't already. We usually have our meeting there. Please be sure to list your AIM screename in the above info thread.

Thanks Ed. AIM ?

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Congrats Don

Thanks Dude

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Congrats Don !

OK Ed, I think I added all the right things on those links. Check it out and let me know what I screwed up, LOL.

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey Anybody, I've tried like 6 different user names and such, trying register for AIM. Every single time it tells me that the account cannot be created, bad name, name in use etc. Do I need to be an AOL customer to use AIM ? If not, what gives ?

RobbyD
08-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks Robby. If you still want to be involved, I'll be glad to work with you.

Just let me know what you need help with.

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Just let me know what you need help with.

cool. it's all new to me, so time will tell. did you happen to ship those parts yet ? sorry to cut off the call the other day. damn dog cost me $300 @ the vet, and that was a friggin' well visit. those 2 smelly bastards are money pits, just like the R/T. but I love them all :biggthumpup::jester:

White Turbo
08-10-2010, 05:30 PM
OK Ed, I think I added all the right things on those links. Check it out and let me know what I screwed up, LOL.

Everything looks in order.

White Turbo
08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Anybody, I've tried like 6 different user names and such, trying register for AIM. Every single time it tells me that the account cannot be created, bad name, name in use etc. Do I need to be an AOL customer to use AIM ? If not, what gives ?

You don't have to be an AOL customer to use AIM.

Keep trying different user names until you get one that's not in use.

We usually have our on-line meetings on Thursdays @ 9pm ET.
Monitor the exec forum for the next meeting. Sean will post up the date there. Just before the meeting time, open up AIM. Sean will send you an invite. Click on the "accept" icon and you are in the meeting.
Then let the razzing begin ! J/K. :nana:

Now that you have access to the exec board forum, you can get started reading the threads there. That will get you familiar with what has been happening with the club. Feel free to post comments or suggestions there.

Welcome !

SB440R/T
08-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Now that you have access to the exec board forum, ....

Lucky, :(

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Lucky, :(

quitter :jester:

Hugh Jassole
08-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Success !!!

NJdakRT@aim.com

BryanRT360
08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
congrats Don:biggthumpup: