PDA

View Full Version : Door inserts

dapitbull2009
07-29-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm wanting to fiber glass my door inserts they have a small cigarette burn in the passenger side from my sister. I tried to pry on them with a flat blade screwdriver I didn't know if they just pop in there of screw in. Didn't want to break it.

dakotabluert98
07-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm wanting to fiber glass my door inserts they have a small cigarette burn in the passenger side from my sister. I tried to pry on them with a flat blade screwdriver I didn't know if they just pop in there of screw in. Didn't want to break it.

Ur gonna have to remove the door panel. youll have to break off the plastic rivets that hold it on then have to use small screws and washers to mount it again. once u take the door panel off you will see what im talking about.

AmberFireDaK
07-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Not sure what year you have but here is what 97-00's look like ones you put it back together..... the 4 little white things are what the rivets look like before I ground the heads off

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/AmberFireDaK/DSC02949.jpg

PeteRT
07-29-2010, 11:58 PM
hmm... curious.... i have some burns in one of mine too, now that darren is out of business, ive been thinking of taking the fabric off, smoothing and painting underneath.

any of you know if the upholstery just peels off? i don't want to ruin mine completely finding out.
pete