PDA

View Full Version : its been a long 5 months

dakotabluert98
03-28-2008, 07:33 PM
but the r/t is gonna be back at home from being in storage for the winter:rock woot: . man it was a long winter. now its time to drop it,get the skirts on and the new steering wheel from exotic wood dash that they re leathered for me.

bad360rt
03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
I know the feeling, haven't driven my truck since last June :( I can't wait to get her back on the road! :woot:

dakotabluert98
03-28-2008, 11:05 PM
this was the first time i had it in storage. had one of the step sons move back home and had no room for another car. this is not gonna happen next winter. i think id be jonesing more if i was in your shoes, what you have planned ,id have a hard time waiting. how far are you with your upgrade? when do you think youll be done? not soon enough huh:)

360 XRT
03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
does this mean winter is over.I like you truck.Its very nice for a plain o' R/T.Sorry i couldn't resist the plano comment.

timmydatoolman
03-29-2008, 02:26 AM
Having the truck in storage would suck, I thought about taking mine to storage this year but decided to install a SC over the winter. I think we all have the itch to get em on the road. I just need to get the batery mounted in the bed and the rest of the snow to melt and I'm good to go. :woot:

bad360rt
03-29-2008, 02:45 AM
this was the first time i had it in storage. had one of the step sons move back home and had no room for another car. this is not gonna happen next winter. i think id be jonesing more if i was in your shoes, what you have planned ,id have a hard time waiting. how far are you with your upgrade? when do you think youll be done? not soon enough huh:)

Never soon enough! :) Engine should be done this week or next week. Then I'll drop it in the truck, and take it to get custom headers/exhaust made, then she goes down to NC to get tuned. I'll post up pics as soon as I get my hands on the engine and then I'll vids up when it's running :biggthumpup:

5.9 R/T
03-29-2008, 02:57 AM
mine's still sleeping in the garage so :sucks::jester:

judging by how much snow there's still left, thr truck's not on the road until late april, mid-may!!!... OMG it hurts just to think about it... :gayflag:

dakotabluert98
03-29-2008, 02:05 PM
does this mean winter is over.I like you truck.Its very nice for a plain o' R/T.Sorry i couldn't resist the plano comment.

im hopeing by getting it out of storage that will help spring finally arrive. i think i got the only plain o r/t, havent seen another one yet :).

Jimbarrt
03-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I haven't even seen my truck since I put it in storage last fall. I just can't wait to see what awaits me. Mice nests, puddles of leaking everything, who knows if vandals broke in and trashed it stole the stereo. Who knows if it will even start, or run.

And getting it out will be fun? Or scary?

dakotabluert98
03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
I haven't even seen my truck since I put it in storage last fall. I just can't wait to see what awaits me. Mice nests, puddles of leaking everything, who knows if vandals broke in and trashed it stole the stereo. Who knows if it will even start, or run.

And getting it out will be fun? Or scary?

i was lucky enough to get a all medal storage unit that was air tight so no rodents in mine :). was shocked it started right up with no hesitation.had a little bit of oil on the mat but nothing major, will have to find where that came from. cant wait till its warm enough to wash and wax it. it was fun to be able to drive it again.

fastdodgert
04-04-2008, 05:25 AM
no snow in florida!!!!!!! get to drive it EVERYDAY!!!!