PDA

View Full Version : Brand New 99 5spd Sport

Valiantjim
03-27-2008, 11:14 PM
A very good friend of mine, a MOPAR collector I've known for 20 years, special ordered a Dakota Sport in 99. Specs are 5.2, 5spd, 3.92 Sure-Grip, A/C delete, no other options. He got it in Prowler Purple, which I believe was a 99 only color. Here's the kicker. As one of at least 30 cool MOPARS in his warehouse, it has less than 4000 miles on it and has never even been out in the rain. He starts it up and drives to an oil change every three months.

He is in his mid-70's and mentioned to me he might be willing to sell it to someone who truly appreciated it. I have no room for it myself so am floating the idea here. This is not yet a "for sale" post, but more of an attempt to gauge whether this is truly an exciting rare opportunity or just another used truck. This guy is a really fair minded enthusiast who's not looking to make a score, but he also isn't interested in being taken advantage of...

Thoughts?

Mopar318
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
There are alot of 5speed 2wd sports around, its not really that rare of a truck, beside the color. I would bet someone would pay 8k for it. But probally not much more.

PeteRT
03-28-2008, 12:36 AM
sounds like a score if the price was right... its not a collectable though, not even close.

thats like digging a 99 accord with low miles on it out of a barn....

however, i respect the enthusiasm of this guy you know, and wish him the best of luck finding it a good home.
pete

ScatDak
03-28-2008, 01:50 AM
I'd like to see a pic of this Truck. I own a 99 CC with a 5.2 5-speed and 3.92 SG rear. I believe the color is called Deep Amethyst but I might be wrong on the color. The Gen3 with 5.2 and 5-speeds are pretty rare when compared to the whole Dakota line up.

99dakotart
03-28-2008, 01:54 AM
I'd like to see a pic of this Truck. I own a 99 CC with a 5.2 5-speed and 3.92 SG rear. I believe the color is called Deep Amethyst but I might be wrong on the color. The Gen3 with 5.2 and 5-speeds are pretty rare when compared to the whole Dakota line up.

Yes you are correct it's Deep Amethyst Pearl...Thats me except 5.9 auto of course

99dakotart
03-28-2008, 02:01 AM
Yes you are correct it's Deep Amethyst Pearl...Thats me except 5.9 auto of course

Nevermind it was Prowler Purple Metallic

Jimbarrt
03-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Sounds interesting as a good truck to start a build up with. I think I would rather had a 318 with a factroy stick, as opposed to the 360 auto that R/Ts were offered with. I mean the same mods for the 360 will wake up a 318, plus you'd get the fun of the 5 speed, without a complicated trans swap, like a few have done with R/Ts.

Just depends on who you ask and what they want to do with it. Just because its not an R/T may mean some die hards around here aren't interested in it, but certainly would be desireable to some folks.

Mopar318
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds interesting as a good truck to start a build up with. I think I would rather had a 318 with a factroy stick, as opposed to the 360 auto that R/Ts were offered with. I mean the same mods for the 360 will wake up a 318, plus you'd get the fun of the 5 speed, without a complicated trans swap, like a few have done with R/Ts.

Just depends on who you ask and what they want to do with it. Just because its not an R/T may mean some die hards around here aren't interested in it, but certainly would be desireable to some folks.

Its also a lot easier to do a engine swap, than to switch from automatic to manual.

mtlcafan79
03-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Even more fun would be a 5 speed with boost....

Mopar318
03-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Get a price on it. I would be interested if I had money.