PDA

View Full Version : MOPAR PCM P5007107 (1999 w/ SECURITY)

simon
07-14-2010, 01:05 AM
Mopar Performance PCM

i just bought this for my truck and was not told it was for the "security" model (which mine is not) so it does me no good.

this fits 1999 4X2 / 5.9 Federal with security.

i'll take $150 shipped conUS.

first one to state "dibs" and paypal: sroots@fuse.net gets it.

thanks! -simon

bluebeast
07-23-2010, 04:01 AM
is that a perfromance pcm or a stock one???

Miggity
07-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Part number starts with a P, it's a performance PCM. :)

simon
07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
yup. Mopar Performance.

bluebeast
07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Well i got a 99 dakota r/t with the stock security system in the truck How do i know it this computer will work with my truck??

RTZoD
07-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Do you have a security light on the dash when you turn the key on?

bluebeast
07-24-2010, 12:07 AM
yea I have the secruity light on the dash i found out that my 99 r/t is federal with secruity. would the pcm be better than the hand hold superchip programer that i have now??

RTZoD
07-24-2010, 02:51 AM
I have the same PCM I noticed way different shifting. It changes the shift points, Rev limiter and does away with the speed limiter. I can't complain but then again I dont have any documents to make a claim weither its better or worse then a superchips tune. However people might disagree with me on this but I had my Perf PCM in and my father inlaw asked me to haul a ton of wood working equipment and various other things.

The mopar performance PCM made towing a trailer and a bed full of stuff weird erratic shifting and bogging. But I did have about 3000lbs worth of load on and in the truck at the time. Also the drive back had alot of huge hills. I had to keep the OD turned off the entire trip back. When I got back I put the stocker in and went back for another load and whammo it drove fine and no sluggish shifting. Without 3000 lbs I say it does good. But extra weight makes it suck. I think you have the ability to put different tunes in for different driving styles with the superchips or a SCT tuner. You dont have that with the mopar pcm. One tune for all occasions. :)

mikset
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
My pcm part number starts with a P and it's not a mopar perf pcm. I emailed hemifever the part number and he verified that, it's factory. He also said he's tuned plenty of Mopar performance pcm's with no problems.

bluebeast
07-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Ok well I talked to some people at larry rosch doge and they pulled up that part number as a mopar performance pcm that has been discountiued. And my buddy has the same pcm that he bought that startes with P then the number and the instrustion and bio on the paper work he has states its a mopar Performance pcm.

mikset
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Yeah just saying the P obviously has nothing to do with it being a performance pcm.

bluebeast
07-24-2010, 06:17 PM
My pcm part number starts with a P and it's not a mopar perf pcm. I emailed hemifever the part number and he verified that, it's factory. He also said he's tuned plenty of Mopar performance pcm's with no problems.

So if thats a stock computer why it discountiued from dodge?? Dodge has stock pcm's for sale and that part number on here is a mopar performance that discountiued, and dodge confrims its a mopar perfromance pcm

bluebeast
07-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah just saying the P obviously has nothing to do with it being a performance pcm.

yea I know that it just apart of the number

mikset
07-24-2010, 06:31 PM
So if thats a stock computer why it discountiued from dodge?? Dodge has stock pcm's for sale and that part number on here is a mopar performance that discountiued, and dodge confrims its a mopar perfromance pcm

I'm not saying yours isn't a performance pcm, just that the P has nothing to do with it. Someone stated earlier that it did and I just wanted to clarify that.

bluebeast
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
I didnt see that but the P doesnt mean it a performance pcm