PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Spintech full system and SCT handheld

2k1AmberR/T
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Just testing the waters to see what interest there might be for this stuff.

Spintech headers and duals for a regular cab. Two sets of port plates included(originals and RT Mods). The downpipes have four o2 bungs for the newer trucks (some of which can be plugged to work on the older trucks as well) and the downpipes also have cats in them. Will not separate, buy it complete or don't bother asking me to part it out. Being that it is a daily driven vehicle there is a little but of surface rust on the pipes but I did paint them with two coats of a high temp black paint prior to the original installation 6 years ago. Also the coating on the headers isn't perfect after 6 years but I wouldn't say they look terrible by any means. Throw me an offer if you're interested, would like to see a few hundred bucks from the whole deal. No pictures at this time as it is all still on the truck.

SCT handheld - what are these things worth used? I have one that has been used ONCE! One time I've unloaded the stock tune and loaded a new tune. Otherwise it has been in the original package just looking pretty. I won't let this go until the exhaust system sells...but I'd still like to get an idea of what they're worth, even at a lowball offer.

:finger:

1BAD99RT
07-13-2010, 08:44 PM
what price you got on the exhaust?

2k1AmberR/T
07-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Considering another member just sold his headers and downpipes for 600 dollars, not including mufflers or tailpipes or tips...his stuff was coated so it was in better shape but mine is complete so...something in that neighborhood I guess I'd be happy with. This whole get up sells for about 1600 dollars when new. The exhaust system is listed for 900 and the headers are listed for about 600 plus I have an extra set of port plates (which aren't even available anymore) that were another 100 and are less than a year old. Keep in mind new gaskets would be necessary for the headers and collectors (Remflex or Cometic are your best bet I believe). Hardware is included though.

mtlcafan79
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Why are you selling the tuner? Keep it and use it to tune the Ram PCM.

RobbyD
07-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Why are you selling the tuner? Keep it and use it to tune the Ram PCM.

What Sean said.

aarons98rt
07-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Ill give you $100 for the tuner,truthfully i'm not sure if thats a lowball price or not!Anyone.

jmaack727
07-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Did you get a new truck?

2k1AmberR/T
07-14-2010, 01:07 AM
I'll be getting another handheld and won't need mine.

mtlcafan79
07-14-2010, 01:29 AM
OK. That makes even less sense.

2k1AmberR/T
07-14-2010, 01:34 AM
If this exhaust won't work perhaps a PIE setup with a single downpipe will...

DirtyR/T
07-14-2010, 01:42 AM
put me in line for the exhaust!

mtlcafan79
07-14-2010, 01:45 AM
If this exhaust won't work perhaps a PIE setup with a single downpipe will...

That would work.

2k1AmberR/T
07-14-2010, 02:08 AM
put me in line for the exhaust!

It is for a regular cab...FYI. (although, all you'd really have to do is add about a foot of pipe on each side of the end of the x-pipe and you could make it work on a CC). If you're serious just PM me an offer and we'll talk, figure shipping will be 150 bucks to be on the safe side. I don't care if you pay me cash and cover shipping yourself or if you want to pay me a lump sum and I take care of shipping. Whatever is easiest.

GoFastGray
07-14-2010, 06:12 AM
So what exhaust are you going with now jason?

1BAD99RT
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm going to pass on the exhaust. I wish I knew why people think Spintech stuff is worth so much.

SB440R/T
07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm going to pass on the exhaust. I wish I knew why people think Spintech stuff is worth so much.

BECAUSE IT FITS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, and it performs. Go ahead and put some crush bent exhaust on there, you will never notice the difference cause you will never know what you are missing out on anyway.

tcuillier
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
I've had the complete Spintech exhaust system on my '99 since it first became available in late 2002 / early 2003. I have mid-length headers and true duals without cats. Been a great system with the exact sound I was looking for. The last two trucks I had were set up with Flowmaster exhaust. I absolutely hated the sound! At idle, it was great. Anything above mid RPM though, sounded raspy---total crap sound.
I'm real happy with my Spintech system.

Tom

1BAD99RT
07-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind spending the money if I saw that the system made a significant hp/tq increase. If anyone has dyno numbers to prove hp/tq numbers before and after, I would love to see them. Sound doesnt matter to me as much as power per dollar. I am sure that Spintech's profit margin is insane when the stuff is new.

I do have a question regarding the port plates. What do they actually do? I called Spintech and asked them and the man I spoke with said that they were required to properly line up the headers. Is this correct?

tcuillier
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind spending the money if I saw that the system made a significant hp/tq increase. If anyone has dyno numbers to prove hp/tq numbers before and after, I would love to see them. Sound doesnt matter to me as much as power per dollar. I am sure that Spintech's profit margin is insane when the stuff is new.

I do have a question regarding the port plates. What do they actually do? I called Spintech and asked them and the man I spoke with said that they were required to properly line up the headers. Is this correct?

True, Spintechs require the port plates.

2k1AmberR/T
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM

My stock truck made 218hp and 331 ft/lbs with just these headers and the exhaust system. I'd say that proves how versatile the system is. David also made 550ish hp with the same damn setup. It speaks for itself. The purpose of the port plates? I couldn't tell you to be honest but I don't disagree with the idea. Todd's plates (which I also include) are a little thinner which keep the headers hugged in a little more and away from the upper control arms and have steel inserts so they won't strip like the Spintechs, although my Spintech plates are fine.

SB440R/T
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
The port plates allow a pattern to allow bigger primaries. 1 3/4.

Intense RT
07-15-2010, 02:33 AM
The port plates allow a pattern to allow bigger primaries. 1 3/4.
Yes, with the stock exhaust port bolt locations on the heads themselves, a 1 3/4" primary would overlap where the bolt would need to go. Thus the new diagonal bolt pattern with the Spintech primaries.

pacecardrew79
07-25-2010, 01:13 PM
120.00 on the tuner

Adobedude
07-25-2010, 02:36 PM

It's the best out there for us & quality stuff costs money...and as said, it fits.

tcuillier
07-25-2010, 07:33 PM
There are cheaper headers and exhaust systems out there---you get what you pay for! I have the full Spintech header/true duals system. It fit & went on without a hitch, sounds good, makes power, nuff said. When something fits and works, it's money well spent.

Tom