PDA

View Full Version : locked my keys in my truck

slvr03dakrt
03-27-2008, 04:02 AM
well i locked my keys in my truck does anyone have a good suggestion on how to get it open I don't have a spare.

bad360rt
03-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Call a locksmith? :)

slvr03dakrt
03-27-2008, 04:26 AM
i live in the middle of no where he's prob charge me 100 bucks I'd rather go to autozone and buy a slim jim and go at it for a couple of hours b4 i do that.

PeteRT
03-27-2008, 04:28 AM
get a long flathead, wrap the tip in electrical tape to avoid scratching...
pry at the rear top, and insert coat hanger right next to it. i dont have power locks, so i never tried to hit the unlock button, but the handle is relatively easy to snag.

ive broken into my truck about 5 or 6 times like that. eventually the weather stripping will hate you--- but ive been successful within 15 mins every time. it was even running once, lol.
pete

oogieboogieX
03-27-2008, 04:29 AM
I believe you can call a Chrysler dealer and go in with your VIN and they will cut a key... I heard at one time dealers would not do this, due to people grabbing VINs off random cars and trying to get keys cut, but I think with proper ID and maybe a proof of ownership, you can do it...

funny enough, i did the same thing the other night... stopped at the mall, had to make a phone call to my boss, left the keys in the ignition... finished my call, grabbed something off the seat, locked the door and went in... was in the mall and realized I had no keys in my pocket...

luckily for me, I called my best friend who swung by my house and got the girlfriend's set of keys and drove up to give them to me... otherwise I would have had to wait an hour and a half for the gf to get there by bus :jester:

oogieboogieX
03-27-2008, 04:32 AM
of course, I am thinking the truck is somewhere you can leave it and you don't need to get them right away... obviously no dealers open now...

fastdodgert
03-27-2008, 04:53 AM
get a long flathead, wrap the tip in electrical tape to avoid scratching...
pry at the rear top, and insert coat hanger right next to it. i dont have power locks, so i never tried to hit the unlock button, but the handle is relatively easy to snag.

ive broken into my truck about 5 or 6 times like that. eventually the weather stripping will hate you--- but ive been successful within 15 mins every time. it was even running once, lol.
pete

ive done this about 3 times myself, its was pretty easy the first two times, but the third time was a night and i have double limo on all my windows and 30% down the windshield. even a spotlight didnt help much

GoFastGray
03-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Viper alarm system.... every time i lock my truck, it is from outside the vehicle setting the alarm :nana:

But i also carry a small spare in my wallet anyways :biggthumpup:

Can't help ya with getting in though :jester: sorry

fastdodgert
03-27-2008, 06:06 AM
yeah i went a got a viper shortly after the third time i locked em in, and i to keep a spare key in my wallet. i also told the people when they installed my viper that i didnt have a factory keyless entry, so now i keep that in the house as well, just in case

Hugh Jassole
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
well i locked my keys in my truck does anyone have a good suggestion on how to get it open I don't have a spare.

take your vin to a dealer and have them cut you a key

slvr03dakrt
03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I managed to get it open in about 10 min. I went through the driver side CC window across to the passenger side lock and pushed it to the unlock position with a piece of wood trim i had in the garage. I managed to open the cc window with a piece of metal rod with a 90 degree hook that i put on the end. I think today I might have go have a spare key made. This is twice i've done it first time pop-a-lock charged me 55dollars I would of tried to unlock it myself but i was at a buddies apartment and had no tools to work with.

grapejuice1998
03-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I managed to get it open in about 10 min. I went through the driver side CC window across to the passenger side lock and pushed it to the unlock position with a piece of wood trim i had in the garage. I managed to open the cc window with a piece of metal rod with a 90 degree hook that i put on the end. I think today I might have go have a spare key made. This is twice i've done it first time pop-a-lock charged me 55dollars I would of tried to unlock it myself but i was at a buddies apartment and had no tools to work with.

So, I assume your truck doesn't have electric door locks?

slvr03dakrt
03-27-2008, 03:00 PM
yea it does it was just easier to push the unlock thing forward than to try to toggle the electric switch.

PeteRT
03-27-2008, 07:13 PM
i keep a key zip tied under my truck.

you'll never find it, lmao
pete

Hugh Jassole
03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
i keep a key zip tied under my truck.

you'll never find it, lmao
pete

me too