PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of a 2000 R/T

ProchargedR/T
03-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Hello all. Just bought a beautiful 2000 R/T. I'm thinking that someone on this site knows the one as it has a Dakota R/T club sticker on the back glass. I think it has been called EVILRT and WIDOW MKR.....my hat is off to the original owner as this truck is nothing but right. If anyone knows any history on the truck shoot me an E-mail. Thanks and I will be asking some questions shortly.

slvr03dakrt
03-26-2008, 12:02 AM
how bout some pics? congrats on the purchase.

WeezyRT
03-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Welcome, what part of VA are you from?

ProchargedR/T
03-26-2008, 12:39 AM
King George...close to fredericksberg

BTLFED R/T
03-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Hello all. Just bought a beautiful 2000 R/T. I'm thinking that someone on this site knows the one as it has a Dakota R/T club sticker on the back glass. I think it has been called EVILRT and WIDOW MKR.....my hat is off to the original owner as this truck is nothing but right. If anyone knows any history on the truck shoot me an E-mail. Thanks and I will be asking some questions shortly.

WOW Yeah, the uh....previous owner....started this club! Very sweet truck! I can't believe it's still around. :biggthumpup:

ProchargedR/T
03-26-2008, 01:50 AM
It has been driven once in awhile and garage kept....this truck still smells new. 15k on the truck....I took my wife for a ride and I still can't hear out of my right ear. It has traction issues on street tires when you boost it at about 25 miles an hour:burnout:

bad360rt
03-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Black Regular Cab? Did you buy it from Bob? Where the hell is he???

Oh, welcome to the forum! :) Check out the Div 1 section, there's a meet coming up at Cecil in MD, not too far from you. And of course check out the Nats section for details on the National Meet this August in Detroit :biggthumpup:

BTLFED R/T
03-26-2008, 03:24 AM
It has been driven once in awhile and garage kept....this truck still smells new. 15k on the truck....I took my wife for a ride and I still can't hear out of my right ear. It has traction issues on street tires when you boost it at about 25 miles an hour:burnout:

Yeah, the original owner's name was Mike Williams. He, Jim Burr, and Lori Lang founded the DRTC.

uwntsumrtII
03-26-2008, 07:47 AM

WOW!!! yep, the original owner was Mike Williams, one of our founding fathers to the club. the trucks original name was "DARTH". the seconf owners (probably who you got it from) didn't take anywhere NEAR as good care of it.

http://i31.tinypic.com/5akh7s.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/6qcl5f.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/ve591z.jpg

slvr03dakrt
03-26-2008, 02:26 PM
now thats a nice truck.

Wilspeed
03-26-2008, 10:13 PM
New to the club, THis R/T I think was in a Mopar magazine a few years back, has the gold graphics on it? Great looking truck. I had a 01 black rc and now have a 01 white rc

BTLFED R/T
03-26-2008, 10:48 PM
New to the club, THis R/T I think was in a Mopar magazine a few years back, has the gold graphics on it? Great looking truck. I had a 01 black rc and now have a 01 white rc

Welcome to the forum!

Not gold graphics, they were kinda glow in the dark.

uwntsumrtII
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
:nono: reflective.

chiller2484
03-27-2008, 02:15 PM
WOW!!! yep, the original owner was Mike Williams, one of our founding fathers to the club. the trucks original name was "DARTH". the seconf owners (probably who you got it from) didn't take anywhere NEAR as good care of it.

Darth was in Michigan and Vader is in Washington. :jester:

ProchargedR/T
03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all the info...anyone know how to get alhold of Mike? Here is a pic of the graphics under light...and I threw in a couple of the cat I'm putting in to have it inspected.

uwntsumrtII
03-29-2008, 05:03 PM
i don't think anyone has his contact info anymore.

hskr
03-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, the original owner's name was Mike Williams. He, Jim Burr, and Lori Lang founded the DRTC.

There were a few more people than just those three, but they were the primary people who got shit done.

ProchargedR/T
03-29-2008, 06:53 PM
i don't think anyone has his contact info anymore.

Gota CPU that said Mike Williams 2000 R/T supercharged 8 PSI...wondering what that tune is....the one in the truck seems to work well??

blk00rt
03-30-2008, 12:39 PM
from what I remember Mike never really got it working right. Every time we went to the track he was trying to tune something on it. He was close but the tune was never perfect. Glad to see that Darth is still around, you might want to try and get a hold of Rick Adams he might still have contact info for Mike Williams.