PDA

View Full Version : Projector Retrofit Service Group Buy - DIY kits too!

ddrango
06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Alright here's the deal; I'm going to be doing a projector retrofit service for a bunch of lucky guys with premium quality parts. I will supply either DIY kits at a discount price or completely plug and play headlight sets. Please read everything carefully. These are for all 97-04 Dodge Dakota and 98-03 Dodge Durango.

The supplier is TheRetrofitSource.com. They have great quality parts and partnering up with them is promising. Again my group buys are the lowest price for top quality stuff, I'm trying my best for this because I love these trucks a lot and I know a lot of members are passionate as well. Not only do these headlights look great, but they are the correct way to use HID lighting and safer for both what the driver is hauling whether it be work or family and for on coming drivers too.

Headlight choices:

http://a.imageshack.us/img830/3982/dsc017886451296.jpg

Ballast:

http://a.imageshack.us/img237/9359/dsc017946466117.jpg

Projectors:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/images/products/hid-projectors/Morimoto%20Mini%20Bi-xenon%201l.jpg

Option 1: Projector Headlights

These are DEPO crystal clear headlights fitted with projectors, projector shrouds, H1 HID bulbs of your temperature choice, bi-xenon harness and 35w digital ballasts.

$400 SHIPPED with HID kit
$345 SHIPPED without HID kit

Option 2: Projector Headlights

These are Anzo crystal clear headlights fitted with projectors, projector shrouds, H1 HID bulbs of your temperature choice, bi-xenon harness and 35w digital ballasts. Pictures of the projectors and HID kit are in at the top.

$360 SHIPPED with HID kit
$305 SHIPPED without HID kit

Option A: DIY Projector Kit w/ HIDs

This kit comes with a set of Morimoto Mini projectors, projector shrouds, H1 HID bulbs of your temperature choice, bi-xenon harness and 35w digital ballasts. Pictures of the products are in at the top.

$200 SHIPPED without shrouds
$230 SHIPPED with shrouds

Option B: DIY Projector Kit

This kit comes with a set of Morimoto Mini projectors and projector shrouds and bi-xenon harness. You will need to supply yourself with an H1 HID kit. Pictures of the products are in at the top.

$160 SHIPPED

All payments will be via PayPal. Please don't forget to add the 3% paypal fee. If you cannot do paypal then I will accept a Postal Money Order. The goal of this group buy is to get 10+ projector kits and 5+ HID kits sold. If you are interested you must pay $10 to be locked into the group buy. When I have deposits for 10 projector kits then will the products be ready for a completed payment and ship.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks! :usa5:

BryanRT360
06-10-2010, 06:02 PM
So what are you going to be Donating to the DRTC nats in July???

scatpackdal
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Pictures... There's no way anyway is buying this from you if you're not going to show how you plan to mount the projectors in the headlight housing. You need you show you can do it correctly, what/if any obstructions there are on the back side, and most importantly what the projectors look like installed in terms of overall appearance and light output. I'm about to do this with my Jeep but I don't want to use the Mini projectors.

PeteRT
06-10-2010, 09:13 PM
are the undersides fiberglass?

rhurley
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
are the undersides fiberglass?

they are covered in carbon fiber... i know that

BryanRT360
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from this loser:goodluck:

sunike32
06-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Son of a bitch, not another group buy :goodluck:

Axiom
06-12-2010, 05:50 AM
What does the finished product look like when it's mounted on the truck?

ddrango
06-12-2010, 06:00 AM
What does the finished product look like when it's mounted on the truck?

Better than these!

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7626/dsc003405198802.jpg

BluRT00
06-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Honestly man you need to step up and show detailed pictures of your products. You are getting a bad name on these forums. Due to sketchy group buys and not enough info. I think its great you have these good ideas. Just make the extra step and show these guys the work. Or you will go down in history with the other jack offs that have graced the R/T world.

jmaack727
06-12-2010, 03:30 PM
What do they look like actually mounted in the truck?
Any close up pics of the modded housing?

ddrango
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Honestly man you need to step up and show detailed pictures of your products. You are getting a bad name on these forums. Due to sketchy group buys and not enough info. I think its great you have these good ideas. Just make the extra step and show these guys the work. Or you will go down in history with the other jack offs that have graced the R/T world.

I posted a pic of the older style headlights I did. They will look similar to those, with bigger projectors and a shroud. I didn't want to make a cheesey Photoshop of what they will look like, I hate when I see those kind of pics.

If there are any other questions about any details I missed I'm glad to answer them. This is a pretty straight forward group buy, not sure what all the negativety is about so I'm just ignoring it. I'm just working for he community here.

Thanks for the input man.

Dave3240
06-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I posted a pic of the older style headlights I did. They will look similar to those, with bigger projectors and a shroud. I didn't want to make a cheesey Photoshop of what they will look like, I hate when I see those kind of pics.

If there are any other questions about any details I missed I'm glad to answer them. This is a pretty straight forward group buy, not sure what all the negativety is about so I'm just ignoring it. I'm just working for he community here.

I think maybe the hoods have something to do with it, and the fact that you are soliciting money before having a finished product installed on an R/T to show potential buyers.

sunike32
06-13-2010, 12:30 AM

Do yourself a favor and make a set with your own dime and take pictures of the exact final product that you will be selling.

ddrango
06-13-2010, 02:01 AM
I think maybe the hoods have something to do with it, and the fact that you are soliciting money before having a finished product installed on an R/T to show potential buyers.

As it's been stated before from other members, I was the designer of the hood style, and built my own prototype. The manufacturer unfortunately did not be consitent with the quality of the hoods, hence why I'm no longer dealing with hem anymore. When the gutter is full of junk, clean it out! So that's what I did.

These will be personally put together by me and the parts are quality so there will be strict quality control.

ddrango
06-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Do yourself a favor and make a set with your own dime and take pictures of the exact final product that you will be selling.

Unfortunately I won't have a finished set for myself until after Carlisle, since I will be busy taking care of my father and preparing the R/T for Carlisle.

Dave3240
06-13-2010, 02:06 AM
As it's been stated before from other members, I was the designer of the hood style, and built my own prototype. The manufacturer unfortunately did not be consitent with the quality of the hoods, hence why I'm no longer dealing with hem anymore. When the gutter is full of junk, clean it out! So that's what I did.

These will be personally put together by me and the parts are quality so there will be strict quality control.

Agreed - I'm not implying that you're out to screw anyone; just sayin' I think you'll have much better results if you install a set on your truck and show nice, hi-res pics to your buyers. I am currently working on an item for my own truck; when it's finished I'll start a thread with plenty of pics - if there is sufficient interest, I'll offer them for sale. It just seems counterproductive to me to start a thread seeking buyers before I can show my work.

sunike32
06-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Unfortunately I won't have a finished set for myself until after Carlisle, since I will be busy taking care of my father and preparing the R/T for Carlisle.

Don't you think offering them before you have a finished product isn't very smart, especially given your reputation on here thus far?

ddrango
06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Agreed - I'm not implying that you're out to screw anyone; just sayin' I think you'll have much better results if you install a set on your truck and show nice, hi-res pics to your buyers. I am currently working on an item for my own truck; when it's finished I'll start a thread with plenty of pics - if there is sufficient interest, I'll offer them for sale. It just seems counterproductive to me to start a thread seeking buyers before I can show my work.

I hear ya. I just figured maybe someone wanted to get theirs done for Carlisle or something.

ddrango
06-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Don't you think offering them before you have a finished product isn't very smart, especially given your reputation on here thus far?

What are you suggesting?

Five9Dak
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Shine the R/T less and bring a finished set to carlisle. If they look good in person, you'll have a LOT more sales.

scatpackdal
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
What are you suggesting?

There's no suggestion here, it's a fact that some of your previous customers have not been completely happy.

Shine the R/T less and bring a finished set to carlisle. If they look good in person, you'll have a LOT more sales.

This man speaks the truth.

ddrango
06-13-2010, 09:35 PM
There's no suggestion here, it's a fact that some of your previous customers have not been completely happy.

This man speaks the truth.

I guess I have something to think about.

7zark7
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Oh, that makes sense.

I hear ya. I just figured maybe someone wanted to get theirs done for Carlisle or something.

Wait! I thought you just said...

sunike32
06-14-2010, 07:14 PM
What are you suggesting?

I'm not suggesting anything. Are you oblivious to the way your threads go on here?

mtlcafan79
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Russ,

Please be mindful of your transactions on this site. I have asked you in the past if you were selling items yourself for profit. We have very simple rules if you would like to be a Supporting Vendor on this site. Please PM me if you would like to be set up as a vendor with your own section.

SB440R/T
06-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey Russ, are you going to sign up for Nationals? Only 3 days until the price goes up.