PDA

View Full Version : Canned SCT Tunes

jflynn12
05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I have no performance mods to my truck yet, but I want to get an SCT with canned tunes to at least get a little performance improvement for now. Are there different 87, 91 and 93 octane canned tunes? I would prefer to stay with 87 octane to keep the fuel costs down until I have to move up in octane when I do some real performance mods. However, if there is a significant improvement by going to a higher octane canned tune with my stock engine I would probably go with that option. Thanks.

WeezyRT
05-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I have no performance mods to my truck yet, but I want to get an SCT with canned tunes to at least get a little performance improvement for now. Are there different 87, 91 and 93 octane canned tunes? I would prefer to stay with 87 octane to keep the fuel costs down until I have to move up in octane when I do some real performance mods. However, if there is a significant improvement by going to a higher octane canned tune with my stock engine I would probably go with that option. Thanks.

When you get your hand held it'll have 3 tunes loaded. I beleive its two low octane tunes then one high octane tune.

A'burg R/T
06-03-2010, 05:01 AM
ok i'm really new at this but you order sct from hemifever and they send u a hand held and just plug it in and choose and it works really well?

mikset
06-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Yep, that's pretty much it. :)

5point9
06-05-2010, 07:20 PM
yep that how it works and it works amazing! hemifever is a great tuner and a hell of a guy to do business with nothing but good things.. mine is my best mod to date.. don't waste money on other tuners..

cubs25
06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
even as far as the "canned" tune programmers go is that also a great bang for buck buy?

bfranzel
06-07-2010, 01:39 AM
even as far as the "canned" tune programmers go is that also a great bang for buck buy?

sct is the best bang for the buck. and later on you can spend an extra $100 and get unlimited cusom tunes to go with any major mods you do!

5point9
06-11-2010, 01:40 AM
yes even as far as canned tunes go i still say its the best.. because it makes the biggest difference in the truck.. if your going to do it do it right and like he for an extra 100 bucks later you can do almost anything you want with it.. if i did it all over again there would be only one choice for me.. superchips was just all that was available now that there is newer better tuners out why not take advantage of it :biggthumpup:

cmaddox13
06-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Can anyone tell me about how much a tuner with tunes would cost from hemifever. Also how I could go about ordering it. Thanks

rhurley
06-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Can anyone tell me about how much a tuner with tunes would cost from hemifever. Also how I could go about ordering it. Thanks

e-mail him, he is very good at responding. hemifever@aol.com

Five9Dak
06-15-2010, 01:40 AM
Holy enormous signature batman.

5point9
06-15-2010, 01:51 AM

seconded! thats one way to get ppl to notice your post lol

cubs25
06-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Ok so a handheld SCT w/"canned" tunes is 300 doll hairs correct? Also can anyone tell me specifically what those 3 canned tunes consist of? (especially as far as what fuel to run)

Last thing, where do I order from? Do I just purchase one online or should I order direct through hemifever even if I'm only wanting one w/"canned" tunes?

98Dak408
06-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok so a handheld SCT w/"canned" tunes is 300 doll hairs correct? Also can anyone tell me specifically what those 3 canned tunes consist of? (especially as far as what fuel to run)

Last thing, where do I order from? Do I just purchase one online or should I order direct through hemifever even if I'm only wanting one w/"canned" tunes?
I'd give hemifever a shout and inquire about it.

rhurley
06-19-2010, 02:58 AM

Haha Sorry. didnt think it would be that big

jweltch
07-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Make sure you get it on the dyno before the tune and after the tune, then post them up. Many people (including myself) are interested in seeing what kind of gains can be had with the SCT tune on a stock truck.