PDA

View Full Version : P-0138

uwntsumrtII
03-22-2008, 09:25 PM
P-0138

1/2 O2 Sensor Shorted To Voltage

Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above normal operating range.

2000 Durango R/T
is this the front or the rear O2? does it need to be replaced?

BryanRT360
03-22-2008, 09:28 PM
thats the rear 02, you want the light to go away you have to replace it:goodluck:

uwntsumrtII
03-22-2008, 09:54 PM
that's what i thought. too much snow musta got up under it. the O2 is tied up to the frame rail. i did some unintesional off roading last night in a snow storm, LOL!!

LITNGETR
03-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I had that code for about a year on my 2000 kept clearing it, thinking I would replace it next time. After about 10 code resetes it has not come back in about 4 months.

mtlcafan79
03-23-2008, 02:09 AM
Mine threw that code tonight too. Wierd.

moore_716
03-23-2008, 02:53 PM
oxygengeek.com has the cheapest replacements I've found. I'm almost pos. that's the web site.

01slvr59rt
03-23-2008, 11:47 PM
that's what i thought. too much snow musta got up under it. the O2 is tied up to the frame rail. i did some unintesional off roading last night in a snow storm, LOL!!

I know this sounds stupid. My truck has the same 2 O2s after the precats and when I had them zip tied to the frame rails, the only time I would get that code is when alot of road salt would build up on them. I would just clean them off with some scotch brite pads and the code would go away. I've been doing this for two winters now and no other problems besides that.

Intense RT
04-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Just looking through some older posts and thought I would suggest this tip. While I could have just tied my rear O2 to the framerail ('99) I had an extra spark plug sock ( DEI brand ). It's an insulating material you slip over plug wires to keep the wires from getting burned up by headers. I put the "sock" over the sensor and then zip tied a plastic bag over everything. Then I zip tied the wrapped sensor inside the framerail. I used the "sock" to keep the plastic from melting to it, since it's a heated sensor, and I put the plastic bag over everything to keep moisture, etc out. So no Check Engine Lights.

I got the idea a couple days after some exhaust work I did and then it rained, of course, there was the CEL. Annoying...

uwntsumrtII
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Just looking through some older posts and thought I would suggest this tip. While I could have just tied my rear O2 to the framerail ('99) I had an extra spark plug sock ( DEI brand ). It's an insulating material you slip over plug wires to keep the wires from getting burned up by headers. I put the "sock" over the sensor and then zip tied a plastic bag over everything. Then I zip tied the wrapped sensor inside the framerail. I used the "sock" to keep the plastic from melting to it, since it's a heated sensor, and I put the plastic bag over everything to keep moisture, etc out. So no Check Engine Lights.

I got the idea a couple days after some exhaust work I did and then it rained, of course, there was the CEL. Annoying...

that's a good idea. a couple of days later the code went away.