PDA

View Full Version : New to MI

RT in CT
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Just rolled in from CT (originally from IN though). Looking for a dyno with the ability to tune SCT. Any good shops I should check out? Also looking to do some headers and install my roller rockers.
Just kinda wanted to say hey and see where ppl recommend for shops. I am in Wayne County btw.
One thing for sure, I forgot how many nice cars and trucks there are around here. Too many mustangs though!

98Dak408
05-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Welcome to MI! I was looking for a dyno shop a while back and found many had gone out of business. Others were set up for tuners. A couple that come to mind are Livernois Motor Sports and Jakes Automotive. There are a few others but I'd have to do a Google search and look around more thoroughly. And yes there are a lot of Mustangs. (I've got two: a Mustang SVO and a '78 with too many mods to list. Want to buy either one or both? :jester: )

RT in CT
05-22-2010, 01:54 AM
I went to Livernois the other day. They dont have SCT software for Dodge. There were 4 Dodges in the parking lot though. Jakes Auto sounds familier, probably from my own google search. Was hoping someone had a place they like just to make my search a little easier. Right now I am leaning toward an LM-2 and just using that with Hemifever.
I did find a good muffler shop today over in Westland. "Mr. Muffler" on the corner of Wayne and Cherry Hill. Good guys and quick service. I just needed a longer pipe and a turn down I couldnt find at any parts stores and they hooked it up quick.
The quest continues.
I wont be interested in any Mustangs any time soon. I have a 65 I am looking to restore when my dad retires...if he ever decides to. Oh, and there is that whole money thing too. lol.

98Dak408
05-22-2010, 02:02 AM
In regard to the SCT tune, Hemifever is a good guy to deal with. He is readily available...has a good reputation...does great tunes...and can adjust your tune from afar.

blk00rt
05-22-2010, 08:58 PM
welcome to michigan,
muffler daves is near you and he is a good exhaust shop.
for tuning hemifever is probably the best one for our trucks with sct. I do not know if wheels to wheels (in troy) is still in busniess or not, if they are I would say use their dyno and tuner if they can do sct.

Some of us are going to bakers in milford tomorrow if you want to join.

Kryp2nitE
06-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Join motownmuscle.com as well, lots of local resources there.

uwntsumrtII
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
I did find a good muffler shop today over in Westland. "Mr. Muffler" on the corner of Wayne and Cherry Hill. Good guys and quick service. I just needed a longer pipe and a turn down I couldnt find at any parts stores and they hooked it up quick.

also check out Muffler Daves on MI ave. just West of Merriman. i go there for all my exhaust needs.

knepperulz
06-26-2010, 10:18 PM
yeah, welcome to MI!

I'm over on the west side in Grand Rapids--any of you guys ever make it over this way?

dakotart59
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Where at in Michigan are you?