PDA

View Full Version : Longtube headers from Spintech are here.. 1 7/8 "

ZeNDak99
03-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Hey all
1 7/8 and 1 3/4 Primaries

go see

www.truedualexhaust.com click on parts

$789.95 1 3/4 and $899.95 for the 1 7/8 3" collectors Port plate and gaskets.

bad360rt
03-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Purdy :biggthumpup:

http://prozenmotorsports.com.p10.hostingprod.com/sitebuilder/images/dak_lg_tube_headers1-428x279.jpg

They need to offer the 1 7/8" with a 3.5" collector, that would be the shit for the big dogs. But just having a readily available 1 7/8" header is a step in the right direction :D

Nolan
03-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Putting on just a bigger collector wouldn't be all that much work.

Nolan

bad360rt
03-21-2008, 04:45 AM

Nolan

Good point, and you could switch to a v-band clamp, no more blown out collector gaskets :rockwoot: I'll be using them on my new headers, can't wait.

uwntsumrtII
03-21-2008, 06:05 AM

Nolan

not to mention there is tons of gain in the various lengths of the collector.

White Turbo
03-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Good point, and you could switch to a v-band clamp, no more blown out collector gaskets :rockwoot: I'll be using them on my new headers, can't wait.

Yep... V clamps are the shiznit. They never leak,, sturdy as hell too.

And those headers do look SWEET !:woot:

bad360rt
03-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Yep... V clamps are the shiznit. They never leak,, sturdy as hell too.

And those headers do look SWEET !:woot:

Hey Ed, do you have a good source for v clamps? I've been searching and I'm having trouble finding 3.5" in mild steel. I can find stainless, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to weld that to aluminized piping.

White Turbo
03-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey Ed, do you have a good source for v clamps? I've been searching and I'm having trouble finding 3.5" in mild steel. I can find stainless, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to weld that to aluminized piping.

You can do the stainless... It can be welded to aluminized steel. Any good muffler shop could weld it up for ya.

Mopar318
03-22-2008, 01:13 AM

www.mandrel-bends.com

If you have never dealt with these people before, then you have been missing out.:woot:

silver2001
03-22-2008, 03:27 AM
No I got everything in stainless through Jegs. ED

BluRT00
03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
www.mandrel-bends.com

If you have never dealt with these people before, then you have been missing out.:woot:

Thanx for this link, thinking of hitting em up for some v bands for my exhaust setup. Dan

Mopar318
03-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh and I dont see the clamps you need listed on their website, but you can call them and they can probally get them for you.

Opie
03-23-2008, 09:49 PM
www.mandrel-bends.com

looks like some good stuff

slvr03dakrt
03-24-2008, 12:42 AM
hmmm looks like there are going to be alot of used midlengths for sale in near future.

mtlcafan79
03-24-2008, 02:28 AM
I switched from PPH headers/single 3" exhaust to a full spintech system and gained nothing on the dyno or track. I don't know if going from spintech mids to these with a full custom exhaust to match is gonna be worth it. Going from stock sure, but I don't know if you could justify the price otherwise.

bad360rt
03-24-2008, 03:40 AM
You can do the stainless... It can be welded to aluminized steel. Any good muffler shop could weld it up for ya.

Thanks, I'm having a guy build custom headers and exhaust, just wanted to make sure before I bought anything.

www.mandrel-bends.com

I sent them an e-mail to see if they could get 3.5" v-bands, thanks.

DakRat33
05-06-2008, 08:12 AM
lookin good....too many ideas, hehe

I like the idea of long tubes, w/x-pipe & true duals w/spintech mufflers...hmmmm

Five9Dak
05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I switched from PPH headers/single 3" exhaust to a full spintech system and gained nothing on the dyno or track. I don't know if going from spintech mids to these with a full custom exhaust to match is gonna be worth it. Going from stock sure, but I don't know if you could justify the price otherwise.

I agree, these are only gonna be worth it for serious R/T and edlebrok head combos. The NA guys who actually need the flow of a 1 7/8 header are most likely using an LA style race head and will need custom headers. Boosted results will vary, these may shine.

Hmmmm on that note, spintech has found a way to pack large pipes in our engine compartment, they should offer them with different flange options for w5, w8, w9, indy, p7.......

mtlcafan79
05-06-2008, 06:06 PM
If you are that deep, you might as well get custom stepped headers anyways.

ZeNDak99
05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
I agree, these are only gonna be worth it for serious R/T and edlebrok head combos. The NA guys who actually need the flow of a 1 7/8 header are most likely using an LA style race head and will need custom headers. Boosted results will vary, these may shine.

Hmmmm on that note, spintech has found a way to pack large pipes in our engine compartment, they should offer them with different flange options for w5, w8, w9, indy, p7.......

THey would if someone wants to provide them with heads to make them.
But with these headers you can probaly find a place that makes port plates
alot easier then new flanges.

Jamie Black R/T
04-30-2009, 12:52 AM
got my long tubes today

they are really nicely done...cant wait to hear them bark

thanks Rick!! :biggthumpup:

ZeNDak99
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Hell ya.. I cant wait to see some pics and vids..

thanks brotha

Matthew Cosper
11-01-2009, 03:30 AM
My opion has no value to the R/T community. So I will obstain from stating further on this thread . My upmost apoligies for thread jacking. Whatever the hell that means.

sunike32
11-01-2009, 03:41 AM
John Mercedes has a real nice set of long tube headers too. From what I understand he will bend over backwards to help a fellow R/Ter.

:jerkit: :jerkit:

TurboBlew
11-01-2009, 04:14 AM
John Mercedes has a real nice set of long tube headers too. From what I understand he will bend over backwards to help a fellow R/Ter.

Sure he will.

Maybe your understanding needs some help. Stop fucking up Ricks thread with "what ifs" and start your own thread with "who does"...

WhiteRT
11-01-2009, 04:53 AM

He will also bend over BACKWARDS to stab an RTer straight in the back ..... and for what its worth most long tube headers require some messaging to make them work - his flat out dont fit.....I assume you wanted facts when you drug this up out of the dead from 6 months ago.

Another word of advice - the biggest mistake u can make on these boards is to start nut swinging from someone like john....

Tell Uncle John brutha Todd says hi, you were obviously put up to this post and will report back to him.

Have a pleasant evening...

Todd

ZeNDak99
11-01-2009, 04:05 PM
John is not "for" fellow R/Ters.....Not by a long shot. He is about the dollar bills.

2k1AmberR/T
11-01-2009, 06:06 PM
He's got to be catering to a different crowd nowadays.

ZeNDak99
11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Im sure he is... He is no different the Scott Q.

ddrango
11-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I want a set of these long tubes so bad...who wants my PPHs??

2k1AmberR/T
11-02-2009, 04:47 AM
I want a set of these long tubes so bad...who wants my PPHs??

Because your stock truck is just being choked to death with those PPH's isn't it?

ddrango
11-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Because your stock truck is just being choked to death with those PPH's isn't it?

My truck is stock (like you said)...the PPHs are in my parts room...

So yea it's choking my truck...?

HUH??

2k1AmberR/T
11-02-2009, 05:13 AM
My truck is stock (like you said)...the PPHs are in my parts room...

So yea it's choking my truck...?

HUH??

Oh. Well yeah, I agree, Spintechs would look better in your parts room.

ddrango
11-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Oh. Well yeah, I agree, Spintechs would look better in your parts room.

Agreed. Plus they will flow better on the 425.

WhiteRT
11-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Agreed. Plus they will flow better on the 425.

Either put the PPHs on or get some spintech midlengths....they both will get you everywhere you need to go at this time without all the headaches.....

By the time you build a 425 none of us will be here to buy your old headers anyway.

ddrango
11-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Either put the PPHs on or get some spintech midlengths....they both will get you everywhere you need to go at this time without all the headaches.....

By the time you build a 425 none of us will be here to buy your old headers anyway.

The headers are sitting in my room lol. They're not on any motor, that's the point. If I sell them I have funds for Spintechs.

WhiteRT
11-02-2009, 05:33 AM
The headers are sitting in my room lol. They're not on any motor, that's the point. If I sell them I have funds for Spintechs.

Well you missed my point - by the time you will benefit from long tubes we will all be dead.

Todd

ddrango
11-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Well you missed my point - by the time you will benefit from long tubes we will all be dead.

Todd

Damn, you won't live two more years?

2k1AmberR/T
11-02-2009, 05:40 AM
You won't even have started in 2 years, unless of course you already have it sitting in your engine room awaiting installation. You've had a rear axle for over a year and haven't even finished it...do you really expect anyone to believe that in 2 years you'll have an entire engine finished?

ddrango
11-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Yes. It's called the shotgun approach.

Look at sick660R/T

WhiteRT
11-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Damn, you won't live two more years?

I am not really one to talk on time frames but never claimed to be done in any certain amount of time.

Anyway I think you should have a serious heart to heart conversation with PPG before you consider building a motor...

Otherwise you can just park your truck for a few years, you will have a rolling pile for years - trust me, I know....

ddrango
11-02-2009, 05:55 AM
I am not really one to talk on time frames but never claimed to be done in any certain amount of time.

Anyway I think you should have a serious heart to heart conversation with PPG before you consider building a motor...

Otherwise you can just park your truck for a few years, you will have a rolling pile for years - trust me, I know....

Everyone is different, and have different plans. My truck has under 34k miles and is a daily driver right now. It's in top mechanical shape and gets me where I need it to and more. As far as cosmetics, it's a hobby progress, not a deadline one, so it's not top priority.

As far as a motor, it's being put together in doors, and not the motor in my truck now.

BryanRT360
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
As far as a motor, it's being put together in doors and not the motor in my truck now.

wow, thats a great idea.. all this time I've been putting motors together in my sand pit:jester:

Sick 660r
11-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes. It's called the shotgun approach.

Look at sick660R/T

Only reason my project is so slow is because of other people and the fact that I have always had to wait on parts.

edit: sorry for the thread jack

ddrango
11-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Only reason my project is so slow is because of other people and the fact that I have always had to wait on parts.

edit: sorry for the thread jack

IMO, last year this time you had one beast and now look a year later, completely insane change. Not only a motor, but the fram, engine bay, transmission and some interior, in a year!!!!!

I plan to build just the motor and be done two years from now...not difficult IMO.

Just trying to save money while building the motor and live.

ducrider
11-02-2009, 11:02 PM
It's called the shotgun approach?Doe's that mean you take your shotgun to the bank and approach the teller asking for money to buy engine parts?Just to settle all arguments/debates no project is ever finished.There will be something that will need fixed or upgraded in the future.

bad360rt
11-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Just to settle all arguments/debates no project is ever finished.There will be something that will need fixed or upgraded in the future.

Soooooooooo true.

packard1
11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Does any body make a 1 3/4 -1 7/8 tube shorty header . possible use for turbo ??

TurboBlew
11-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Does any body make a 1 3/4 -1 7/8 tube shorty header . possible use for turbo ??

why? its not like you'll see the point where the primaries are the restriction... at least until the 1000hp level.

Matthew Cosper
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
The ALMIGHTY todd has spoken. I dont work for John . I was just passing on information. Sorry to bother gangland dakota.

TurboBlew
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Matthew... youre passing words like Amway passes on savings.

This board contains factual information. You whistling long tube revelly from the tip of JMs cack, on Ricks thread, makes you look like a tool x 40.

As for your private message. You are a sophomore at best.
Yes I own(ed) you. Only President Lincoln freed your ass from my families clutches.
[parental mode] now go to your room and stay there! [/parental mode]

WhiteRT
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
The ALMIGHTY todd has spoken.

I am glad we got that cleared up, couldnt have said it better myself.

Thanks for the PM - you pop on and clutter Ricks thread with JM advertisements and you tell me you dont have anything to do with John....well tell John I have an ass that needs kissed.

Happy holidays.

Todd

Sick 660r
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I am glad we got that cleared up, couldnt have said it better myself.

Thanks for the PM - you pop on and clutter Ricks thread with JM advertisements and you tell me you dont have anything to do with John....well tell John I have an ass that needs kissed.

Happy holidays.

Todd

LMFAO :jester::ownd:

sunike32
11-10-2009, 12:26 AM
:jester:

Matthew Cosper
11-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I feel so oppressed . Someone help me please. My room is getting smaller and smaller. I feel like the walls are gonna cave in.

TurboBlew
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I feel so oppressed . Someone help me please. My room is getting smaller and smaller. I feel like the walls are gonna cave in.

maybe thats JM's thighs? Just saying... :finger:

Matthew Cosper
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Your mind is so twisted. Pissed..., but amused at the same time.?

DakRat33
11-28-2009, 01:06 AM
So are we saying these LT are POS? Or are we just jaw-jacking & insulting ea other?

TurboBlew
11-28-2009, 01:47 AM
So are we saying these LT are POS? Or are we just jaw-jacking & insulting ea other?

you have options... weigh them! :biggthumpup:

ddrango
01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Any discount codes from Spintech?

ZeNDak99
01-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Any discount codes from Spintech?

Not from Spintech.

But if you order through me Ill save you some cash on shipping and tax.
thanks
Rick

ddrango
01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Not from Spintech.

But if you order through me Ill save you some cash on shipping and tax.
thanks
Rick

Really? Good to know, it came out to ~$951 shipped on their site.

Warrior Poet
01-13-2010, 06:14 PM
What did you order?

I'm starting to look at some long tubes as well, Rick, PM/Emailed you

A final question... why do you have to use port plates. Is that a stock head thing and not for after market ( edelbrock/indy/RHS...)?

ddrango
01-13-2010, 06:32 PM
What did you order?

A final question... why do you have to use port plates. Is that a stock head thing and not for after market ( edelbrock/indy/RHS...)?

I didn't order anything, just wanted to see how much it came out to. But they were the $899 ones, 3" collector and 1 7/8" primaries.

Intense RT
01-13-2010, 11:13 PM
What did you order?

A final question... why do you have to use port plates. Is that a stock head thing and not for after market ( edelbrock/indy/RHS...)?No. all heads with the 1 3/4" tubes and larger. It is and adapter that moves the securing bolts out of the way so the tube CAN be larger. Otherwise the tube wall would be right on where the head of the bolt needs to be.

PhilS
01-14-2010, 04:14 AM
How thick is the metal on these new headers? I bought big tube headers from Spintech several years ago with their ceramic coating and they are rusting up pretty fast.

mtlcafan79
01-14-2010, 11:58 AM
That's the coating's fault. Mine are pretty bad too.

ZeNDak99
01-14-2010, 12:56 PM

951 sounds low. what were you looking at?

thanks
Rick

ZeNDak99
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM
What did you order?

PM sent back

ZeNDak99
01-14-2010, 01:02 PM
How thick is the metal on these new headers? I bought big tube headers from Spintech several years ago with their ceramic coating and they are rusting up pretty fast.

THickness of the metal wont make a difference in the rust.. they will rust, especially depending on the area you live...

For example..I lived in CA from 2000-2004 Spintech headers and coating..still no rust daily driven when I left.

2004-2010...surface rust and Ive cleaned up every year since.

Hasnt rusted thru... Unless your out in the water with your truck.

Hope this clears it up... but either way.. I havent seen a coating last on any header.. Yet.....including Jet hot.... sad though.

Adobedude
01-14-2010, 01:09 PM
THickness of the metal wont make a difference in the rust.. they will rust, especially depending on the area you live...

For example..I lived in CA from 2000-2004 Spintech headers and coating..still no rust daily driven when I left.

Hope this clears it up... but either way.. I havent seen a coating last on any header.. Yet.....including Jet hot.... sad though.

I had my spintechs recoated locally, no problem so far. The coater said my original Spintech coating was cooked off because I was running so rich, fuel was burning in the primaries...SCT and Hemifever took care of that.

One question, always wondered is if the mid lengths could be modded to long tubes with any gain.

Warrior Poet
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM

Rick, I hit ya back on the email:biggthumpup:

ddrango
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
951 sounds low. what were you looking at?

thanks
Rick

They were the $899 ones, 3" collector and 1 7/8" primaries.

Intense RT
01-15-2010, 04:10 AM
I had my spintechs recoated locally, no problem so far. The coater said my original Spintech coating was cooked off because I was running so rich, fuel was burning in the primaries...SCT and Hemifever took care of that.

One question, always wondered is if the mid lengths could be modded to long tubes with any gain.You can do it and I would guess that it would improve power below 4K.

ZeNDak99
01-15-2010, 04:05 PM
They were the $899 ones, 3" collector and 1 7/8" primaries.

Ah.. I see.. No coating. add 200.00 for that.

ddrango
01-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Ah.. I see.. No coating. add 200.00 for that.

Yea, I'm going to coat them myself. I can get a lot done with $200 :biggthumpup:

ZeNDak99
01-15-2010, 04:38 PM
sounds good.

Warrior Poet
01-15-2010, 04:41 PM
sounds good.
You know what else sounds good... Some L/T's on a 426:hail:

Scott Rectenwald
02-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey all
1 7/8 and 1 3/4 Primaries

go see

www.truedualexhaust.com click on parts

$789.95 1 3/4 and $899.95 for the 1 7/8 3" collectors Port plate and gaskets.

Thanks for the info as this is just what I'm looking for!:hail:

ddrango
02-13-2010, 05:01 PM
sounds good.

Would you be lower than $951 shipped?

ZeNDak99
02-14-2010, 04:16 PM
951 shipped...sure Im lower but thats if you do NOT want them coated.

PM me

prozenmotorsports@yahoo.com

Thanks
Rick

huskerrt79
01-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Money sent!! 1 7/8 3 inch!!

GoFastGray
01-10-2011, 06:29 PM

:rockwoot:

I'm hoping to order a set down the road when i'm tired of removing/installing the JM longtubes :jester:

ZeNDak99
01-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Ordered...Ill let you know..should only be a week out according to Ron.
thanks again brotha
Rick

huskerrt79
01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Ordered...Ill let you know..should only be a week out according to Ron.
thanks again brotha
Rick

Nope thank you.

huskerrt79
01-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Got my headers yesterday!!! Ill take a pic for yall tomorrow. Thanks again Rick!

Kingst3r
02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Still have long tubes avaliable, headers r next on my list.