PDA

View Full Version : Time for some nitrous

slvr03dakrt
03-21-2008, 03:19 AM
well looks like i'm going to pick-up a nitrous kit. I have heard good things about the NX kit. I'm thinking of the Nx-20921-10 and the gen-x package. If there is anything else I need to get this thing up and going safely let me know. Not to worried about a purge right now but will prob add one later.

geo2slow4u
03-21-2008, 03:29 AM
well looks like i'm going to pick-up a nitrous kit. I have heard good things about the NX kit. I'm thinking of the Nx-20921-10 and the gen-x package. If there is anything else I need to get this thing up and going safely let me know. Not to worried about a purge right now but will prob add one later.

I had a guy that was sellin genx2's for 269 shipped. I will see if he has anymore.

BTLFED R/T
03-21-2008, 03:40 AM

I don't know what all comes in the GenX package, but a purge is a pretty important part. More so than an opener.

mtlcafan79
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Purge is nice, but you don't need it like a heater. Definitely make sure you get a heater though. Any kind of cool/cold weather racing you will need it. Helps to keep bottle pressures a bit more consistent and where they need to be. You'll need a single layer fire jacket when it comes race time as well.

BTLFED R/T
03-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Purge is nice, but you don't need it like the opener. Definitely make sure you get a heater though. Any kind of cool/cold weather racing you will need it. Helps to keep bottle pressures a bit more consistent and where they need to be. You'll need a single layer fire jacket when it comes race time as well.

You don't need the opener, get the fuck out and open it lazy ass! :jester:

How is a bottle opener more important than clearing the air out of the lines so you get a clean, steady shot?

mtlcafan79
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Oops. Edited. That's what I get for typing and thinking at the same time. I've never used an opener til this thing came with one. Openers actually let you waste your bottle too easy by flipping it on at a light. Mine being under a snapped tonneau made getting out and opening it even less desirable.

BTLFED R/T
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Oops. Edited. That's what I get for typing and thinking at the same time. I've never used an opener til this thing came with one. Openers actually let you waste your bottle too easy by flipping it on at a light. Mine being under a snapped tonneau made getting out and opening it even less desirable.

:jester:

Yes, you are correct. I thought the GenX package came with the heater, that's why I didn't say anything about it. It is prolly the most important add on. :biggthumpup: